The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another 2000pt list

3 posters

Go down

another 2000pt list Empty another 2000pt list

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue May 27, 2008 5:49 pm

Hey guys, what do you think of this list?

Doctrines:
Sharpshooters
Conscript Platoons
Independent Commissars
Iron Discipline
Rough Rider Squadrons

HQ

Heroic Senior Officer with power sword,bionics,carapace armor,Iron Discipline,Standard bearer, Guardsman with grenade launcher and missile launcher-119

Commissar with plasma pistol and powerfist-70

Missile Launcher squad with sharpshooters doctrine-105

Lascannon squad with sharpshooters doctrine-120

Elite

Independent Commissar with bolt pistol-51

Hardened Veteran Squad with 9 veterans armed with two meltaguns and a plasmagun,veteran sergeant armed with powerfist and bolt pistol,Chimera with Multi-laser and hull heavy bolter-221

Troops

Platoon 813 Command-Junior officer with powerfist,Iron Discipline,one guardsman with grenade launcher and missile launcher team-88

Commissar with powerfist-60

Platoon 813 squad 1-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 813 squad 2-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 813 squad 2-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 814 Command-Junior officer with powerfist,Iron Discipline,one guardsman with grenade launcher,and missile launcher team team-88

Platoon 814 squad 1-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 814 squad 2-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 814 squad 3-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-78

Platoon 814 remnant squad-5 guardsmen-30

234th Conscript Platoon with five squads and three flamers-227

Fast Attack

23rd Rough Riders squadron-8 rough riders with hunting lances-88

Heavy Support

"Death from Above" Basilisk with indirect fire-125

"Emperor's Hammer" Leman Russ battle tank-Hull mounted lascannon, heavy bolter side sponsons, pintle heavy stubber-174

Total=1999

What do you think of it? The plan is to blast the enemy to hell and back and to use the armored fist squad and rough riders to take objectives. The conscript platoon will be led by a Commissar and will act as a tar pit to tie up the enemy's nastiest unit.

Last edited by Warlord Solskritt on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

another 2000pt list Empty Re: another 2000pt list

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 pm

The list looks good. I would drop the power sword on one of your Commissars to get under 2000 points, but otherwise, the concept seems sound.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue May 27, 2008 10:28 pm

First off, not entire unit in your army has to take sharpshooters. This can free up some points for the units that aren't going to use or can't, like the mortars for example.

Second I would drop the autocannon from the Amored Fist Squad. Your rarely ever going to get to fire it so I would save those points also.

Third, in my humble opinion powerswords aren't really worth it too much. If you can afford the points go for the powerfist as the added strength will give you the punch needed. Against most armies (which are T4 in 40k unfortunately) you'll be harded pressed to do any damage wounding on 5s.

Fourth, you need more anti-tank in my opinion. Maybe not heavy anti-tank, but maybe an Auto-Cannon squad with your HQ would fix it. Or another lascannon squad if you really want to hit the enemy armor hard.

Otherwise I like the list. It's alot of troops with alot of goodness on the board shooting wise. My only concern is that you have only a few mobile units and I doubt there will be enough cover to hide all of your guardsmen in. But other then that I like it!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for the advice guys! I changed the list a little but I really don't want to change it radically as I don't want to buy any new models for this army right now.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Fri May 30, 2008 8:27 pm

I changed it again. What do you think of it now? Give me feedback! Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 am

Better though honestly I've found that mortars don't do much for me unless I plan my battle against my opponent before hand. Overall in the games I've used them (which isn't many but I do have a unit of them) I've found them to be not worth it. If you drop those thats gives you some points, and it's not like your laking it anti-infantry support with all the squads in there.

I really like the veterans in the chimera as that gives you a bit of mobility. Make sure you give them shotguns and I would almost switch out one of those guns for a flamer.

Where are your other 2 commisars going? I ask this because your not required to place ALL of your commisars as independents, only if you want to. If one of your commisars is going into your HQ platoon take him out of the independent rule and use him as a normal commisar. Here's the reasoning for this:

With the independent commisars doctrine commisars become independent characters. This means that they can be picked out in CC if you have enemies base to base with them and the commisar can only fight if he's base to base with an enemy model. A smart player will kill those commisars quick and you'll lose all of those benefits. However, if you have a regular commisar under the advisors rule then he is not treated as an independent character, but rather a member of the sqaud. Thus he can be anywhere and get his attacks in and no one can target him speficially.

With this in mind a commisar to acompany your command team with a powerfist (a total of 60 pts) is a nice little addition to add the needed punch to the unit, making it much more formidable.

Also, if I were you I'd give the veteran sargent a powerfist as well. He can take "officer only" items and he can't be targeted in the squad either. With his 4 attacks on the charge he can bring a nasty surprise to the enemy who normally aren't expecting that many PFs in an IG army.

Just some more info for ya. I really like the number of models you've got though.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat May 31, 2008 5:54 am

Thanks for the advice Dan! Very Happy I changed it again. Smile
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Great, execpt you can't take the ratlings cause that would take up another doctrine point!

If you can do I'd take another unit of rough riders, no one sees them much and they can execptionally nasty if used properly (and can save your gunline if it gets into trouble).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks for pointing that out Dan, I changed it up a bit. I maxed out my conscript platoon and added a remnant squad to give me even more numbers! Twisted Evil I think I'm gonna try out this list and change it as needed once I use it.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:38 pm

2k points is alot to play with, save yourself plenty of time for that game.

Good luck though! The Emperor Protects.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down