The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

+13
luis the young
rokassan
The Eldar Guy
razorramon31
Ovich
scurrdi
lordfairfax2001
Michaelharmon
feen039
Hurricane
Valhalla114
Warlord Solskritt
ImAShakiraholic
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=- - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Current Roster:
1. Juan Carlos
2. Alfred
3. George
4. Ramon
5. Chris
6. Bill

A total of: 4 Slots are open!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=- - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Screw them, if you cant afford the game dont play. I was looking forward to using the new rules. Check and see who has that issue. If no one does use 5th.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Rokassan wrote:Screw them, if you cant afford the game dont play. I was looking forward to using the new rules. Check and see who has that issue. If no one does use 5th.

I don't own the new rules. Sad I'm waiting for the starter box to come out so I can get the small rulebook and a bunch of models.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:34 pm

GW "SAYS" that 5th is going to come out on the 12th (what if Joel's usually late shipment is delayed), the tournament is going to be on the 19th that gives newbs only 7 days to change the composition of their armies and learn a whole different rules set.

I think with a month notice is more appropriate to tweak our lists for the new edition.

P.S. Allows me more time to review the verbiage used in 5.0 and be a better rules judge in case any of us have an issue.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:34 pm

::::DISCLAIMER:::: The next tournament will defiantly use fifth edition.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:25 pm

ok. no sponsons on my russes Sad
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:41 pm

What I got out of all that was that this tourney (on the 19th) will be 4e, and the next one, and other subsequent ones, will be 5e.
You should have your sponsons, alfred, and I should have my harlequin. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:54 pm

That sucks. Im pretty up on the rules(5th). Ill make the judgment calls. 5th is infinitely better than 4th. This is very disappointing.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:08 am

im content. no buts from me.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 am

Thanks Bill, maybe you can run the tournament with the 5th ed rules set then.

As I said before, 4th Edition will be used this tournament and all subsequent tournaments will be done in 5th Edition.

I want people who don't know 5th to get a feel for the rules and their new armies before they jump into a tournament setting with a brand new edition. It would not be fair to make others who HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN the new rules learn them and adapt a new army in 7 days.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 am

I say fuck it and go back to the good ol 2nd edition rules, i tink i still have a copy of dark Millenium somewhere.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:57 am

Overwatch rules!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am

Hurricane wrote:Overwatch rules!

hahaha, you old fart ! lol
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Current Roster:
1. Juan Carlos
2. Alfred
3. George
4. Ramon
5. Chris
6. Bill
7. Colin

A total of: 3 Slots are open!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Sign me up, but just to let you know im not 100% sure i'll be able to make it. i'll make sure to let you know atleast 3 days in advance if i'll be making it.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:38 pm

I won't sign you up yet if your not 100%
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

max can i have 2 slots because im 200% sure im coming.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Your ego can't fit through the door sometimes Alfred. I'm sorry the max spots available per person is ONE. :-D
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:16 am

ImAShakiraholic wrote:Your ego can't fit through the door sometimes Alfred. I'm sorry the max spots available per person is ONE. :-D
But he has 2 armies and expects to be playing himself for the money!!! Very Happy
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Current Roster:
1. Juan Carlos
2. Alfred
3. George
4. Ramon
5. Chris
6. Bill
7. Colin
8. Marc
9. Brian

A total of: 1 Slot(s) are/is open!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:03 pm

I think I am going to go. I want to play Luis since 5th edtion rules are not being played I want to play 2nd edition.

Luis, make sure you have your wargear cards. And don't worry about the rulebook. I have one.

Better yet, I think I will go ride my bike. I just hope no one at the park tells me I can't ride it because it is too new and it is 5th edition. Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Abaddon wrote:I think I am going to go. I want to play Luis since 5th edtion rules are not being played I want to play 2nd edition.

Luis, make sure you have your wargear cards. And don't worry about the rulebook. I have one.

Better yet, I think I will go ride my bike. I just hope no one at the park tells me I can't ride it because it is too new and it is 5th edition. Wink

dude, i got my pulsa rockits and squig catapults ready to go ! are we using mission cards ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:21 pm

so this thing is still on correct. no last minute cancellations. Joel said he hasnt spoken to you(Max) for awhile.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:15 am

We should do a poll and vote on which edition to use. I mean it is a ten man tourney. Let's find out who doesn't have the rules. Who knows maybe the ten will have the rules. This way we will all be on even ground with the fifth edition rules. I have to agree, even though I am a newb. If the rules are out then the're out.
I've heard the horror stories how some of the armies got nerfed when the new codex for their force came out and they prefered the old one. It didn't matter; they were forced to play with the new codex as soon as it came out. There was no "learning curve" for them. So it should be with the new rules. Would you consider putting this to vote?

Oh! I do have a question which actually has never been told to me. I sometimes don't get to play or would over hear the players talk to each other when I was playing clix and I wanted to know. In heroclix when you build your force, and decide on a point total (say 300), you cannot go over, you can be under as much as you like but you cannot be over. Not even by a point.
In 40K when we play (say 1000 or 1500) are you allowed to go over? and if so by how much?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 am

razorramon31 wrote:We should do a poll and vote on which edition to use. I mean it is a ten man tourney. Let's find out who doesn't have the rules. Who knows maybe the ten will have the rules. This way we will all be on even ground with the fifth edition rules. I have to agree, even though I am a newb. If the rules are out then the're out.
I've heard the horror stories how some of the armies got nerfed when the new codex for their force came out and they prefered the old one. It didn't matter; they were forced to play with the new codex as soon as it came out. There was no "learning curve" for them. So it should be with the new rules. Would you consider putting this to vote?

Oh! I do have a question which actually has never been told to me. I sometimes don't get to play or would over hear the players talk to each other when I was playing clix and I wanted to know. In heroclix when you build your force, and decide on a point total (say 300), you cannot go over, you can be under as much as you like but you cannot be over. Not even by a point.
In 40K when we play (say 1000 or 1500) are you allowed to go over? and if so by how much?

Regarding your question, I think going over a point or two nobody cares about in friendly games.

However, I would imagine in a tourney environment, you would have to be at or below the point value.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next