The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

+13
luis the young
rokassan
The Eldar Guy
razorramon31
Ovich
scurrdi
lordfairfax2001
Michaelharmon
feen039
Hurricane
Valhalla114
Warlord Solskritt
ImAShakiraholic
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=- - Page 3 Empty Re: Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 am

razorramon31 wrote:We should do a poll and vote on which edition to use. I mean it is a ten man tourney. Let's find out who doesn't have the rules. Who knows maybe the ten will have the rules. This way we will all be on even ground with the fifth edition rules. I have to agree, even though I am a newb. If the rules are out then the're out.
I've heard the horror stories how some of the armies got nerfed when the new codex for their force came out and they prefered the old one. It didn't matter; they were forced to play with the new codex as soon as it came out. There was no "learning curve" for them. So it should be with the new rules. Would you consider putting this to vote?

Oh! I do have a question which actually has never been told to me. I sometimes don't get to play or would over hear the players talk to each other when I was playing clix and I wanted to know. In heroclix when you build your force, and decide on a point total (say 300), you cannot go over, you can be under as much as you like but you cannot be over. Not even by a point.
In 40K when we play (say 1000 or 1500) are you allowed to go over? and if so by how much?

I agree 100%....I posted a poll. 5th is out, get the book. If you lack the funds... tough. We should not all have to suffer for that. If not then Im gonna break out my 3rd edition Chaos codex and use that since new editions being released mean nothing. If GW were running this would they condone or worry about broke or slow learning people using 4th until they felt comfortable or saved up their allowance? No, they would use the new codex or rules.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=- - Page 3 Empty Re: Warhammer 40K Tournament -=July 19=-

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 am

Really, we should have had a poll. If most people wanted to play 5e it should have been 5e. The only problem now is that the tourney is this Sat, a little too short notice.

Personally, I've got my cheese list for both editions.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:34 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:Really, we should have had a poll. If most people wanted to play 5e it should have been 5e. The only problem now is that the tourney is this Sat, a little too short notice.

Personally, I've got my cheese list for both editions.

I didnt know Eldar came in other flavors besides cheese ? Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:20 pm

I didnt know Eldar came in other flavors besides cheese ? Smile[/quote]

Luis, I know you ain't talking about Cheese
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:46 pm

I dont care fuck you guys. hahahahahahahahah My opinion syncs with Bill's....we use 5TA EDICION! Just want to play possibly get trashed afterwards? Can we argue about brands of beer or something more interesting?

Anways it's Max' tourney he should decide on whether or not we use an older shitty 4th ed when 5th edition is still not faqéd and we can get away with whatever the fuck we want. It will be like the wild west of 40k. Almost to a rogue trader level of confusion.

Sidebar: Why dont we use the dark millennium rules or even space hulk while we're at it.

PS> I am in a great mood.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:I dont care fuck you guys. hahahahahahahahah My opinion syncs with Bill's....we use 5TA EDICION! Just want to play possibly get trashed afterwards? Can we argue about brands of beer or something more interesting?

He must have gotten an office BJ ro something to be so happy.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:10 pm

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT"S MY TOURNEY AND I SAY WHAT GOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR!!!!!!!!!

4th EDITION!

5th NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1500pts NO MORE, maybe less...

BE THERE ON TIME AT 12:00 or you will lose points!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Allright Max, no more mixing Cuban coffee and Glue anymore.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm

RAAAAAAAWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIST SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:I dont care fuck you guys. hahahahahahahahah My opinion syncs with Bill's....we use 5TA EDICION! Just want to play possibly get trashed afterwards? Can we argue about brands of beer or something more interesting?

Anways it's Max' tourney he should decide on whether or not we use an older shitty 4th ed when 5th edition is still not faqéd and we can get away with whatever the fuck we want. It will be like the wild west of 40k. Almost to a rogue trader level of confusion.

Sidebar: Why dont we use the dark millennium rules or even space hulk while we're at it.

I like Al's point on beer conversation! Come all i dare you to enter that which is Cesars world.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Well???? What happened at the tournament? Who came in what place and did Max blow all the prize support for the rest of the year? Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Well...Wilson came in 1st,Chris and Ceasar tied for 3rd,BIll in 4th,and me in 7th.That's all I know.It was lots of fun and I got to play against Bill Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:37 pm

Dark Angel Ceasar showed up? Wow, will wonders never cease.

Ceasar, you and I still have a match to play. Only thing is that you can't use any models that I painted. Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:48 pm

No Dark Eldar Ceaser played.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:00 am

I came in 4th? Better than I thought. What did I win...$3 store credit?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 am

$15 store credit!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am

Outstanding.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Abaddon wrote:Dark Angel Ceasar showed up? Wow, will wonders never cease.

Ceasar, you and I still have a match to play. Only thing is that you can't use any models that I painted. Wink

Wrong Cesar.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Wilson plays that Demon army with the 2 Soul Crushers right?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Im making a grey knights army just to de-throne wilson. hehehe
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:34 pm

He won overall? Thats cool.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:44 pm

yeah he did. by a landslide i think nobody even came close to him points wise.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Perhaps the Demon codex is broken?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:08 pm

I do think the deepstrike rules for demons is a bit unbalanced. They can drop half of their army right next to your troops and you have no chance to react.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:43 pm

And they cannot assault first turn anyways. Puts you in assault range or rapid fire range. Not too grand. Just did well. Also, he didnt play me. Wink
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next