The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What color is...

4 posters

Go down

What color is... Empty What color is...

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am

So what color is ork blood? Skin green but is the meat and blood green or red or purple?
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

What color is... Empty Re: What color is...

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:29 am

I've seen and read differing opinions from the White Dwarf and Black Library. It seems it could be red or green.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am

You ARE bored arent you ? why dont you do like all high elf players and do your nails or something.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 am

I did that yesterday...nicely painted and everything...pedicure and manicure...now when I caress you...oh nevermind!

And, yes, I am bored...system maintenance, so I can't do squat on the system, so just get to surf...on your tax dollars!!! Shocked Surprised
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am

Feros_Ironfeld wrote:I've seen and read differing opinions from the White Dwarf and Black Library. It seems it could be red or green.
I've seen both, too...green because they have some spore in them and red because they are part meaty, oxygen breathers...

Other thoughts...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:37 am

I would stick to one of the 2 colors green OR red. You could give them some background on why they bleed this particular color. They could be spore type or Oxygen type. Your choice.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 pm

I've read about them both.. but visually I think that the red contrasts well with the green skin so that's why people go with red for painting. Using green doesn't show up well and can appear to be mistakes instead of the intended effect.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

So, to continue my boring day (meetings and paperwork all day!!!), I dug up the following article on the web that supposedly quoted WD 251 (UK)/WD 250 (US) about Ork blood...

Many novitiates have queried me in the past as to why, given the symbiosis of algal material in Ork DNA, their greenish pigmentation is apparent only in their skin and not other parts of their anatomy such as blood plasma, inside the mouth, internal organs and so on. The answer to this is simple. Much like more primitive plant-forms, the green pigment of Orks is produced by photosynthesis occutring in algae just beneath the skin, a phenomena which does not affect internal tissues. This means that an Ork's blood, with its oxygen-rich haemoglobin, is just as red as that of homo sapiens and often more so due to its enhanced capacity for carrying oxygen. Real world note: There's actually another good reason for giving Orks red blood - it makes painting gore on them dramatic, the red shows up on green in a defined way just like red blood shows against human flesh. When you try using green blood stains on Orks, they look like they just had an unfortunate accident with a gooseberry squishy.

Now, as someone so astutely pointed out on another forum I frequent:

I say Ork blood is whatever the hell color you want to paint it.. red, green, yellow, black..

The fluff supports red blood, but after that, it's your own call. Why? cause it's your paint and your models.

So, enjoy yourself when painting you crazy Ork lubbers!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down