The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New and intresting rules change for 5th

+5
Ovich
dork_jedi
Forcefed24
luis the young
DarkAngel_Cesar
9 posters

Go down

New and intresting rules change for 5th Empty New and intresting rules change for 5th

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:32 pm

So as it seems you can now shoot through combat...makes things pretty intresting, their was a very simple diagram on Libraium on line which is.

Extremely low-res example:

AAAA
AAA

C CCCCCD
CDDDDDD <-- in assault

BBB
BBB

Squad A and B can shoot each other through that gap, being the new rule is, IF YOU CAN SEE IT YOU CAN SHOOT IT, mind you this is all taken from Libraium Online and the mods are always pretty good when it comes to the rules, so just in case you didn't know now you know. Twisted Evil

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

New and intresting rules change for 5th Empty Re: New and intresting rules change for 5th

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 pm

hahaha, let the cheese begin, move someone with a heavy flamer close to that gap and flame whatever is standing behind that combat thats ready to assault and assist, lol.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

New and intresting rules change for 5th Empty Re: New and intresting rules change for 5th

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:55 pm

luis the young wrote:hahaha, let the cheese begin, move someone with a heavy flamer close to that gap and flame whatever is standing behind that combat thats ready to assault and assist, lol.

Maybe that will be possible, although you'd incinerate your own troops as well as theirs that are in close combat with the template.

From what I was understanding last wednesday....you can shoot thru close combat and get the +4 cover save. Maybe it only works with size bigger vs. size smaller units...I.E. a demon prince could fire over a close combat giving the defender a +4 cover save, and that same squad being able to fire on it's turn at the larger creature giving the demon prince the same +4 cover save.

If both units are size 2 can they fire thru a size 2 close combat?
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

I dont think there is anymore "size 2 or such" True line of sight means that, if you can see it from the model's eye lvl, then you can shoot it, i dont think ANYTHING blocks line of sight anymore.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 pm

I would say no Phil their would have to be some sort of gap or LOS between the size 2 assault and then the two size 2 units shooting @ each other, but the demon prince refrence was A ok in my books!

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm

My question is that with True LOS is what happens when someone thinks they're hot sh*t and models a prone carnifex or crawling wraithlord?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:17 pm

dork_jedi wrote:My question is that with True LOS is what happens when someone thinks they're hot sh*t and models a prone carnifex or crawling wraithlord?

im removing all the gretchin heads from my grots and then giving them Ork heads, gonna call it the Pigmy Ork clan.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm

dork_jedi wrote:My question is that with True LOS is what happens when someone thinks they're hot sh*t and models a prone carnifex or crawling wraithlord?

LAWLZ! Thats gunna be efffing awsome! and its from head of the model so guess their gunna be shooting through some eldar feet!

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

With the new assault rules where the defending unit piles in after being charged, there will more often than not be a pretty clear boundary as to where the edges of the close combat are. obviously you won't be able to shoot through models that are all in base contact, because you will not have line of sight. Shooting through gaps in the close combat, in the case of stragglers that have not made it into combat, will afford the target a 4+ cover save as noted in the rule book.

I think that if a monstrous creature can see over a CC at other units, he can fire at it, but the target unit will still get a 4+ cover save due to the fact that the legs and lower torsos of the unit will be concealed by the CC itself. Also don't forget that the Mounstrous unit can of course be targeted in return. and will only get cover if Half of it's body is blocked.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:39 pm

what if you scream head shot when firing @ the monstrous unit, dose it negate their cover save? i think it should!

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:04 pm

So essentially.....a swirling Melee happening 10 meters in front of your position....hands and legs and weapons clashing together....you level your bolter fire through the throng of combatants, not hitting any of them and precisely land several hits on the unit behind it.......

gay.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 pm

Forcefed24 wrote:So essentially.....a swirling Melee happening 10 meters in front of your position....hands and legs and weapons clashing together....you level your bolter fire through the throng of combatants, not hitting any of them and precisely land several hits on the unit behind it.......
gay.

Mayeb they are using "smart" ammunition, a micro computer brain in each bolt shell that guides the bullet arround corners and through feet !!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:59 pm

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:

LAWLZ! Thats gunna be efffing awsome! and its from head of the model so guess their gunna be shooting through some eldar feet!

---Cesar

I wouldn't set up a shooty model with it, but a crawling cc fex running in shooting phase, umm, oops! look at my fex in yo face!

eek.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm

If any part of a model's body (head, torso, legs, arms) is obscured from the pov of the firer the target model is considered in cover.

For instance, if one leg or arm of a Wraithlord can't be seen it still gets its cover save. Kinda gay.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:23 am

No, monstrous creatures have to have 50% or more of their body concealed in order to get the cover save.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:46 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:If any part of a model's body (head, torso, legs, arms) is obscured from the pov of the firer the target model is considered in cover.

For instance, if one leg or arm of a Wraithlord can't be seen it still gets its cover save. Kinda gay.

For Vehicles and Monstrous creatures, 50% or more MUST be covered to get the saving throw.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 am

Ah, monstrous creature section under shooting. Perhaps I'll be using the older, smaller, shorter Wraithlord next game. Rolling Eyes
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:Ah, monstrous creature section under shooting. Perhaps I'll be using the older, smaller, shorter Wraithlord next game. Rolling Eyes

LoL everyone start raiding your closests for the old 2nd edition models...heh

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 am

like the old avatar, thats as big as a guardsmen....lame.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 pm

I like the EPIC avatar! that's as big as a gretchin!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down