The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal.

5 posters

Go down

Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal. Empty Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal.

Post by Ovich Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:47 pm

The ruskys took their revenge in a 1750 point game at Erik's house. This time I took a regular Battalion instead of a Guards Battalion, allowing me better tanks, and Erik took some anti aircraft instead of his pioneers.

In this game I completely loaded the flank, hoping to whether through artillery and air strikes in order to claim an objective which was guarded by a paratrooper company in a wooded area.

Erik, having misread the rules, left one objective more open than the others, thereby sealing his doom.

Once again, the Tiger proved to be too much, and most of my AT 12 shots just bounced off it's 9 armour which becomes a 10 at long range. Much more vulnerable were the stugs this time around which eventually fell after a shootout with my T34/85's

But 1 tiger could not hope to hold up against 22 tanks, and after some successful assaulting through the woods, I eventually claimed the objective and won the day.

My rolling was phenominal. The fact that I was confident instead of fearless made no difference. In 1 turn I passed 4 consecutive bail in tests. I also passed 2 platoon checks on my large tank platoon. I made a ton of armour saves as well.

Erik was the opposite, although he shot pretty well, and made his skill checks, he failed 2 platoon checks in a row at one point and a motivation to counter assault the next turn.

Anyway.. it was a really fun game, and I'm certainly enjoying being the attacker a little bit, since usually it's the other way around.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal. Empty Re: Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal.

Post by scurrdi Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Well congrats on the victory! I told ya regular battalion was better then guards. With the ruskies it's all about more tanks!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal. Empty Re: Soviet Tankovy Company shatters German Falshirmjaeger fighting withdrawal.

Post by Abaddon Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Wow what a shock!!!! Shocked Eric lost the game and did not write a battle report.

did you notice Eric only evr writes a battle report which he won? lol!
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:06 am

Hey, I'm not gonna advertise a loss. If my opponent wants to write something up, good for him.

It was a fun game and what is kinda funny is that I have never played that particular mission. I have been playing for almost 2 years now and never played that mission. When I play a pick up game we usually roll for the mission to make it random so it is really weird I never played that one before. As a result, I miss read how the scenario works which kinda hurt. I definately would have deployed differently which could have changed things a bit. Overall, it was a ton of fun and a challenging mission. Stephan aka Jiggaboo Jones was out of control. In turn 2 I hit his tanks at least 7 times and he made every single save. I only bailed out 1 tank and that was the one that got hit by the tiger. I like my StuG's, they are such cool models but I think I'm gonna go back to my Marder II's. I like the AT 12 better than the AT 11 and I do better with moving and shooting with stormtrooper rather than trying to stand up to all those tanks.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:34 am

yeah.. I can easily see how Germans rule the roost when it comes to Tank fighting.. the Storm trooper move is down right invaluable. The fact that you can do it with a large heavy tank like the tiger or panther is ridiculous.

The pop out attack has to be annoying for the players who game at the top level.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 am

Ovich wrote:yeah.. I can easily see how Germans rule the roost when it comes to Tank fighting.. the Storm trooper move is down right invaluable. The fact that you can do it with a large heavy tank like the tiger or panther is ridiculous.

The pop out attack has to be annoying for the players who game at the top level.

The shoot and scoot tactic is awesome! But you shouldn't rely on it too much 'cause your bound to fail at least once and that'll leave you in the open.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 am

true.. but if the difference is between being behind cover, or not being seen at all, then the german general has done a good job.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Yes, most people will generally use the "pop and scoot" method for using full ROF with the tanks and then advancing them via stormtrooper. One of the guys at NashCon did this is to me, minus the fact that he failed his first 3 stromtrooper moves.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down