The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new dark elves are awesome!

+3
luis the young
Ovich
Diosamblet
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The new dark elves are awesome! - Page 2 Empty Re: The new dark elves are awesome!

Post by Ovich Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Assassins can only hide in infantry blocks... If the DE player puts them in small blocks to fool the enemy, he risks the unit panicking from enemy fire, early in the game. So most likely they will be in larger units.

So of course you put all your fire into his spearmen or Corsairs... and hope the unit flees.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

The new dark elves are awesome! - Page 2 Empty Re: The new dark elves are awesome!

Post by Diosamblet Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, today Stephan's woodies beat the snot out of my Dark Goblins (see, they weren't real elves, that's why they lost! Very Happy )

His concentrated shooting depleted my corsairs so badly I had to pop the assassin at the start of the turn and move him to a nearby unit of spearmen.

Later, he charged into those spearelves with dryads and wild riders in the front, and 3 glade riders in the flank. The assassin managed to kill 2 glade riders so I retained my rank bonus, but Stephan's kills were so many it didn't matter; I lost but a ton and was also outnumbered by fear causing enemies.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Well,
Having to worry about the walking tree on your flank definitely helped me out.
Drawing away your Hydra and Black Guard to deal with the Treeman allowed me to work on your infantry blocks with the rest of my force.

Once you moved your assassin and Sorceress Lord to the spearmen, I knew i had to make a very decisive blow to get them to lose the fight.

One things for sure though, just like the VC's, Tombkings, and magic heavy High elf forces, if you don't come with some significant anti-magic against Dark Elves, you're gonna be screwed.

I was lucky that your magic was minimized. But i was throwing out 6 dispel dice with + 1 to dispel and 2 scrolls. and I got lucky.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm

What makes their magic so good? What are the DE spells like?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:50 pm

the spells aren't that nasty, but they magic can be overwhelming because every wizard knows the Power of Darkness spell: cast on a 4+ and gives the caster d3 + 1 power dice. Their wizards are also not limited in the number of PD they can use to cast a spell (so a lv. 2 can use more than 3 dice to cast a spell, for example)

They also have a couple of items that gives them more PD. Sacrificial dagger can be used to kill a model in the wizard's unit to gain an extra PD. You can only use it once per spell, but you choose to use it after you cast (so you can see if you need more PD to get the spell off, or if you rolled a 1 and don't want to risk a miscast)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Wow - if you combind all that with what seem like the ability to take 4 mages (since 3 Assassins are your hidden melee heros) and you have a list that rivals Tzeentch for Power Dice.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Yeah, but taking 4 mages and 3 assassins would be like 2/3 of your army
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Well now, just sounds like the dark goblins are gonna be kicking some butt.

Are you gonna invest in the models Matt or will the Dark Goblins be enough for ya?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I'll buy the new models... the battalion is a great deal, with over half the models I'll need.

So far I have 2 RBT's, which I'm taking to hawaii. If I really want to play, I can buy the rest of my army over there. No painting though Razz
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 pm

Boo that, why no painting? Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:29 pm

can't be bothered to take all my paints and brushes, plus there's lots of better stuff to do in Hawaii!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Diosamblet wrote:can't be bothered to take all my paints and brushes, plus there's lots of better stuff to do in Hawaii!

Show the true power of Gork and Mork to those fine hawiian babes !!! you need to get on a surfboar and yell WAAAAAAAAAGGHHH !!! as you plumet to your doom riding a 40 foot tall wave !!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Matt..

You lucky muther fucker...

Me Luis have to sit here with our wives and go to work, while you get to go to college in Hawaii....

Whaddya say there Luis...
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Enjoy it while you can ! before you know it your balls will be on glass jar and the wife is the one with the keys.......not that this is my case of course, im CUBAN and evryone knows cuban males dominate their house with an iron fist. I have my wife trained to call me El Comandante.

just gotta be careful she doesnt read any of this ....
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 pm

luis the young wrote:just gotta be careful she doesnt read any of this ....

lol!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 am

I called Luis one time to remind him to not forget the Dogs of War Giants I was borrowing from him.

His wife picked up and I left a message with her to not forget to bring " El Gigante"

She laughed and said " El Gigante" you must have my husband confused with someone else..." and hung up

Laughing
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 am

LMAO!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Well I'm in Hawaii at last! Had to get up at 4 am to make it to the airport at 5. It's really hot here, but at least no humidity. I slept from 5 pm to 6.30 am today haha.

The first thing I did was unpack my RBT's... they made the trip in one piece!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm

ha! Well thats a positive sign!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2