The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Battle

+6
Vycem
scurrdi
Forcefed24
luis the young
Dr. Love
rokassan
10 posters

Go down

Apocalypse Battle Empty Apocalypse Battle

Post by rokassan Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:47 pm

Well I hope everyone had a good time playing the battle. For being the first event Ive ever run and the first time Ive ever even played Apoc I think it went fairly well. Theres always room to improve and when Im allowed to run an event again(the Chaos Gods be praised) it'll run a bit smoother. I do know the 25 min time limit doesnt work. Ill be more in depth as to game rules as far as attaching a special character to the unit of another army ect. Lets have some input.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Battle Empty Re: Apocalypse Battle

Post by Dr. Love Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 pm

I agree, 25 minutes per turn was a little to small, i mean we hadn't even finished our Shooting phases by then. Extending it or removing the time limit seems a best option for a next time.

But i still had fun, Air power saved the day!
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm

so who won the conflict ????? i want a detailed battle report !!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Ill let each side post their own propaganda. Bad guys won though. A last minute assault. The Orks suffered horrendous losses, but their air power helped save the day in the end. Phil completed his objective(to keep the gate open), but the Necrons(Endre) we able to disrupt it. So I think Phils Chaos forces have a bone to pick with the Necrons.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:42 pm

I didn't even know it happened until it was over. Had he tried and I had been aware......I woulda rocked his shit.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Sounds like a pretty intense battle if it came down to the wire like that!

Reports!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Those damn sneaky Necrons ! they prob came out of the ground at the last minute !

lol, the Ork forces ALWAYS take the heaviest casualties, it comes from charging foward full run and wearing a t-shirt for armor.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Kugath and the demons we going to automatically attack the Necrons ,but the game ended in round 4 because of time restraints. Phil would have had his chance to crush the Necrons.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:13 pm

That's assuming Kogath would've been able to get out of the gate. I had my forces ready to turn it off before he showed up...and technically, they did.

What, Chaos can't be hatin' on me. I held their precious gate for them.

Held it shut, that is.

Construtive criticism: I know the store is limited in space, but maybe next time we may want to do a scenario with long-wise deployment? There was just too much distance to cover, and no way to maneuver. Honestly, I don't see how the "Good" guys could've gotten anywhere near us outside of relying on their drop pod assault. I feel especially bad for the Eldar - all those maneuverable jetbikes and nowhere to go. The orks had too easy of a time just blocking off half the table.

Plus once you were committed to an edge, there was no way you could join the fray. Unless you had veil of darkness or something.

Also, next time we may want to figure out whether we allow cross-codex combinations, such as that Warlock cum Terminators thing. That's opening up the floodgates for powergaming on a whole new level.

In the end though, the game was amazingly fun.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 pm

I agree. I didnt think about people trying to combine different armies. I also agree about the table length, but I didnt want players to just faceoff against the guy across from them. We can all brainstorm here and come up with suggestions and solutions.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 am

One of the ways that I've dealt with that in past is mixing and matching players' forces across the board by making players take extremely specialized forces (like an IG force completely dedicated to shooting, etc.)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:16 am

Endrey, to be honest, we didn't really have much of a chance of making any headway into there home turf either. It was a real bottle neck, like the hot gates at thermopyle. We basically won because of the Shroud which we were lucky enough was not effected by the scrambler becon.

That being said, I think it was great fun and being setup lengthwise force us to engage everyone at the same time. It makes it more chaotic but more fun at the same time.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

Overall it was a fun game with such highlights as nightly orky air raids, bane blade templates, deep-striking redirection, and some ork slaughter in the center of it all. Truth be told you don't need to win to have fun! With a few hiccups it was my first actual apocalypse game and I'm looking forward to another!

Some friendly criticism and comments(my op)-

Flyers: If used, both sides should be given notice beforehand (not necessary by whom or using what, just that someone's bringing something). With a 6 needed to hit they're neigh impossible to destroy with unlimited movement and apoc style weaponry to boot.

Board setup(already said): While playing the whole board (short side to short side) looked like bad ass epic shit, it did make it difficult to play. A model moving 24" would take (from the edge of the neutral zone) 5turns to get to the main objective, the warp gate.

Assets: There are two things the make up assets, "when revealed" and "effect." Its required that it be revieled when used. The problem that arose was a combination of mistakes on both sides; "bad guys" didn't notify the "good guys" in deployment, "good" guys didn't notice what it was when it was used, "bad" guys gave an inaccurate description when it was used equating it specifically to deep strike instead of reserves and not knowing the name of the actual asset(deepstrike, outflank, board edge). In this case it is easy to see that it was not "deployed" properly in the deployment zone, and in my opionion when things aren't played when they need to be they should be removed from play. It can cause huge problems, in this case it was the loss of about 2000~pts.

...and come on guys I see how it can be eldar can be frustrating, especially when you think you've killed them, but I did only bring 28 models (3 tanks) in 2000pts! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad kekekeee

Wow, fucking long. Damn I'm bored.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm

I agree about notifying players about flyers and whatnot. I did post asking if anyone was bringing any heavy tanks,flyers and whatever else. I did let the good guys know that a baneblade and Cannon of Khorne were coming. I didnt know about the flyers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Sorry bout not informing you of my Flyers, to be honest i forgot about the Apoc battle until the night before when i remembered and just did my list in a few minutes.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Apology? Bah! Everyone brought their own competitive cheese (some more than others Twisted Evil ). It was still a great game in my op.

I can tell you something though, don't expect the same list twice. I want to get into another apoc if you want to run another one Bill (or if someone else does) and try out some different stuff. Razz
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Like I said Ill run an Apoc or 40k tournament when Im able to. Ill start working on running another . Gotta keep the gods(wife) happy.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:26 am

Either date is good for me...just let me know when.....Man I did learn a lesson though form the last one...My templars fought bravely... but it ended up being a suicide mission...Also we need to figure it out if we do something similar I might have to play vanilla marines (make up or look up a different chapter) because there is no way templars would unite with Eldar and it is not even a matter of them being eldar it is a matter of them being Psyker they wont even team up with marines with psyckers inthem. Only exception are grey knights now they could team up with other armies as long as the "psichers" have no "powers (such as an inquisitor lord) or a librarian not using such powers....it is very clearly written in their codex. Does the Apoc. rules bypass this?

It is not a big deal if I have to play Vanilla Marines for Apoc. I rather not but thats not going to keep me from doing it...
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BrotherBrian Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 pm

I'll see if I can make it as well. That Apocalypse game was a blast.
BrotherBrian
BrotherBrian
Slave

Male
Number of posts : 5
Armies : Ultra Marines, Guard, Dwarfs
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down