The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Cult troop

+3
Autarch (CM)
Plague30
rokassan
7 posters

Go down

Best Cult troop

Best Cult troop Vote_lcap33%Best Cult troop Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Best Cult troop Vote_lcap25%Best Cult troop Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Best Cult troop Vote_lcap17%Best Cult troop Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Best Cult troop Vote_lcap25%Best Cult troop Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Best Cult troop Empty Best Cult troop

Post by rokassan Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Of the Four Chaos Gods who has the best Troop. Consider all aspects, price, effectiveness ect..

Last edited by rokassan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Best Cult troop Empty Re: Best Cult troop

Post by Plague30 Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

wtf is a rubric marine?
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 pm

Plague30 wrote:wtf is a rubric marine?

Thousands Sons' Cult Troop. Named after the Rubric of Ahriman.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:31 pm

The Egyptian looking guys with Ap3 bolters.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 pm

I'm going to root for my boys, the Noise Marines.

Good moving and shooting. (Assault 2 guns)
- Move, shoot and assault (2 shots and 3 attacks)
Good static shooting (Also Heavy 3!)

Initiative 5 Marine (sturdy, and goes first whether or not init >5 charges first).

Special weapon options:
Blastmaster: Versatile weapon that supports static and assault functions (AP 3 blasts or pinning!)
Doom Siren: In a world of cover saves, an ap 3 ignores cover template (as they all are) tells the loyalist scum they're not welcome.

Berzerkers can get too assaulty for it's own good (especially against the common assault units: genestealers, banshees, etc.) Where they lack shooting.
Rubric Marines? The inverse of the above. They'll get put in situations where they fail too many 3+ saves, which is usually how they get knocked down.
Plague Marines? You traded a point of init for survivability. Not a bad deal, but you don't get anything crazy/nifty like the other 3, so you're sort of left having to compensate in other fashions (and a cult troop should really have a defined role, which I can't really see for the Plague Marines). You have a clear candidate for a stereotypical loyalist marine squad with the obligatory powerfist but they have feel no pain and t5. Some folks say that's a lot to deal with, but with the prevalence of horde armies, the options you see folks take inherently brings you back to a situation where you'll fail way too many saves at a time from the 24 Scatter Laser shots.

A bit of a rant, and a bit of fanboyism for the Noise Marines, but, that's what it boils down to sometimes.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I actually agree about the Plague Marines.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 pm

Im going with Noise Marines. I have all four in my army, but I agree with Cesar. I still love my Plague Marines, but they got fucked in this new codex. Initiative three sucks. You get beat down before you can even attack. Also there are alot of ap2 and power weapons floating around...FNP is worthless against that.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:08 am

In defense of the plague marines and a clearly defined role. I think it is quite clear what thier role is. Holding objectives. Once they are firmly planted in place you can't dislodge them, especially in larger numbers. T5 Feel no pain, and blight grenades....they are the bulwark against any charge attack.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:29 am

This question is too complicated to answer, because each troop fulfills a different battlefield role. No one assaults better than Berserkers, no one holds better than plague marines, no one shoots better than thousands sons, and none of the other ones have the versatility of the noise marines.

Noise marines are now a jack of all trades, but generally suffer in CC. Yes they get to go first, which helps, but Berserkers also get to go first if they charge. NM also lack the durability and toughness of plague marines with their FNP and Thousand sons with their 5+ ward.

I would actually have to say that if I had to choose only 1 force to use, it would have to be Nurgle. Because they do hold objectives better than anyone else and this game is now all about objectives, at least 2/3 of the time. But even in terms of kill points, it takes a lot to knock out a unit of Plague marines that are in cover and in the end you get 1 kill point.. big woop.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:55 am

Good thing my main army is Nurgle. Very Happy
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:56 pm

I vote plague marines, those guys seem to absorb the charge from by Ork boys and not die, is crazy, i loose ALL of my charge bonuses, no xtra attack, no foruous charge, so now i need to wound on 6s !!! crazy shit !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:43 pm

The problem with mission specific troops is what happens when you play a pure Nurgle force. Now all of your guys have low initiative and are mundane in close combat. This situation arose last time I played Stephan. I was holding a position and absorbed multiple attacks. The problem is you have nothing special offensively. Eventually I did win that specific engagement, but only after Stephan rolled horrid. If he had rolled decent he'd of won. Considering the new rules with frags(you go in initiative order) terrain is pretty much useless in defense of an assault.All you need is a guy with a Powerfist or some type of power weapon and eventually youll beat the Plague Marines,youve eliminated FnP. At 23 points each your at a disadvantage numbers wise. I was lucky against Stephan. With average rolling Stephan would have taken me out with low casualties. By the way Blight Grenades only negate the extra attack, nothing else.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:45 pm

I like the Plague Marines. +1 Toughness, negate charge attacks with Blight Grenades, Feel No Pain, all make them rock hard.

Close second are the 'zerkers.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Another thing that makes Feel No Pain worth it is that since all of these cult marines are fearless, sometimes they really take it on the chin from wounds suffered AFTER close combat.

Nurgle marines can use their FNP on those wounds as well.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down