The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Recap

Go down

Tournament Recap Empty Tournament Recap

Post by dork_jedi Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Hey guys, anyone who attended the Tourney @ Sunshine this past Saturday (1/17/09) I would like to start a thread to let people know what the did right and what you felt needed correction. This I think this can give props where needed and also help to guide all involved to creating a better tournament.

Copy and paste this into your reply.

Categories:
Code:
[b]Tournament Overall:[/b]
[b]Tournament Punctuality:[/b]
[b]Tournament Scenarios:[/b]
[b]Tournament Organizer:[/b]
[b]Venue:[/b]
[b]Prize Support:[/b]
(did I miss anything?)

My responses:
Tournament Overall: 9/10, I had a great time and got in three solid games against a good set of players. I can't wait for next month's.
Tournament Punctuality: 8*/10, In all fairness the sign-in was supposed to start @ 11AM with the tourney start time being 12, we weren't ready till 12:30 and didn't start until 1PM, however being the *FIRST* WM/H tourney at the venue. In addition to make the players a full group of 10 we waited for the final player who called and notified the TO of his tardiness. So instead of someone getting an "auto-win" or a bye and allowing Gabe to answer questions quickly we chose to wait.
Tournament Scenarios: 8/10, all were explained well, I understood them when they were explained. They were interesting and varied. I didn't see a possibility of one army type dominating.
Tournament Organizer: 9/10, Professional, prepared, he really did a great job monitoring 5 tables at once.
Venue: 7/10, Sunshine has come a long way in the past year or so and Joel is making good progress into ensuring a positive play environment.
Prize Support: 10/10, $0 entry fee, 10 players, 3 full games, plus prize support where EVERYONE walked away with something. I really can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down