The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Report time

2 posters

Go down

Battle Report time Empty Battle Report time

Post by plodolo Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:33 pm

I got a game on the other day. I actually played against Khador.

I played Sorcha and my opponent played Butcher

500 points
Sorcha
Drakhun w/ dismount
Eiryss
Yuri the Axe
Manhunter
Widowmakers
8 Winterguard (first time using them) w/ Rocketeer
2 Mortars

500 points
Butcher
Drakhun w/o dismount
8 Press Gangers
First Mate Hawk
Doc Killingsworth
Bosun Grospar
Bloody Blannigan
Lord Rockbottom
Alexia and her Risen
Widowmakers
Gudrun the Wanderer

First of all, I finally found out how to make my Butcher list work. I basically have the same butcher list i just didn't include Alexia. I had Sea Dogs instead. Alexia make this list work because her Risen block any lanes opened by the death of the Press Gangers. I basically moved Yuri and Manhunter to try to kill Alexia. I realized her annoyance factor the second she was placed on the table. I knew I had to kill her. I moved my Drakhun to protect Eiryss from Gudrun since he draws Eiryss detail most of the time. Sure enough Gudrun came for Eiryss and charged the Drakhun and engaged her as well with his 2" reach. Drakhun survive and did some attacks of his own. Press gangers moved up. Winterguard moved up. Sorcha moved around and casted Wind Rush and Fog of War. Widowmakers killed some guys. Some guys made Tough rolls. YADA YADA YADA. What did I learn? When facing the Pirates, you have to kill bosun or Doc FIRST. Doc makes the tough roll for all Privateers a 50% chance (4-6) and bosun stops them from being knockdown or stationary. Bosun really hurt Sorcha cause he singlehandedly stops her feat. I think I'm getting the hang of this game. I can't wait until i start winning.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Battle Report time Empty Re: Battle Report time

Post by dork_jedi Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Looks like you got raped by Butcher. Alexia looks like a fun solo/unit to run, I've looked at her info over @ Battle College along with the pirates.
You didn't take *any* jacks? did you get swamped or were there just badasses who you couldn't take out? was Magic a big factor?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:39 pm

I was trying something new and this "new" thing required mobility. Jacks are too slow. It wasn't too bad. I need to try this list and the other variant i have for it (with Jacks), some more.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down