The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next 40K tournament

5 posters

Go down

Should the next 40k tournament be Apocalypse?

Next 40K tournament Vote_lcap33%Next 40K tournament Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Next 40K tournament Vote_lcap67%Next 40K tournament Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Next 40K tournament Empty Next 40K tournament

Post by WC_Brian Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 am

After talking to Joel I'm pretty sure this will now be on April 18th. Joel only wants to do one system per month to boost attendance and use all of the monthly GW prize support. I included a poll because he said people wanted to do an Apocalypse tournament. I was a little confused though because it sounds like a mega battle instead of a competitive event. What say ye players?

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Next 40K tournament Empty Re: Next 40K tournament

Post by Vycem Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 am

I don't really think Apocalypse was designed for tournament play, what with it having no balance whatsoever.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 am

I voted for APOC only because I really enjoy the fun of that type of play but unless it's team prize support then I don't think you can really do a tournament. I mean You could always get some bad ass 40k looking trophy with a name plate so that each team that wins can claim it for that month or so. Just me. Of course I just want to play anything at this point anyway.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:55 pm

You can only get two games in in a day so you need 4 teams to sign up and commit ahead of time. When people inevitably don't show up you have a problem. Also the special rules in Apocalypse are fairly absurd though not broken since I believe there are still counters for most of the nasty stuff.

It seems like a cool idea for people to coordinate among themselves as a really really big fun game. It seems like it would make a great mega battle. However I have heard alot of stories of people getting very pissy due to the insane stuff that can happen and that isn't fun. How do you grade sportsmanship when one team is scowling at the other?

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

WC_Brian wrote:You can only get two games in in a day so you need 4 teams to sign up and commit ahead of time. When people inevitably don't show up you have a problem. Also the special rules in Apocalypse are fairly absurd though not broken since I believe there are still counters for most of the nasty stuff.

It seems like a cool idea for people to coordinate among themselves as a really really big fun game. It seems like it would make a great mega battle. However I have heard alot of stories of people getting very pissy due to the insane stuff that can happen and that isn't fun. How do you grade sportsmanship when one team is scowling at the other?

Yeah, but the counters rely on people blowing lots of money. Tell me how someone's regular 40k army can take down a titan or a couple of superheavies and then I'll say "sure, lets make it a tournament." Hell, last Apoc game the MVP was the Ork flyer because the other side could do nothing about it. But hey, if you have plenty of veterans with oodles of stuff that want to play competitively, make it a tourney. There'll always be other games.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Vycem wrote: Tell me how someone's regular 40k army can take down a titan or a couple of superheavies and then I'll say "sure, lets make it a tournament."

witchblades are str9 versus vehicles. 30 str9 attacks versus a titan? keke

but yeah... flyers, superheavies, etc... We should definately do an apoc game- but in place of a tournament or as a tournament... its hard to judge fairness
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:04 am

It's a shame you can't just easily paper mache the super heavies or that they are so expensive. It's time for GW to come out with some Titans.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 am

Mmmmm titans.... Tax return = Titan.... Maybe? Got to love disposable income, but seriously I would like to see some more GW models replace the forgeworld variants myself. Especially the fliers.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:47 pm

I did it(ran an Apoc tourny). Remember? It went pretty well. It was fun seeing 900000 orks charge the Eldar.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 pm

rokassan wrote:I did it(ran an Apoc tourny). Remember? It went pretty well. It was fun seeing 900000 orks charge the Eldar.

and die. lol
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 pm

When is the next 40k tourny. I may be able to attend. I need a date. Just saw it. February 28th. Ill be there with my chaos forces.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down