The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomb kings vs Lizardmen

+3
Ovich
Diosamblet
luis the young
7 posters

Go down

Tomb kings vs Lizardmen Empty Tomb kings vs Lizardmen

Post by luis the young Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 am

Lizardmen are broken Evil or Very Mad

the end.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Tomb kings vs Lizardmen Empty Re: Tomb kings vs Lizardmen

Post by Diosamblet Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 am

Twisted Evil
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:32 am

Well,

It's good to know I've not been the only one getting my ass handed to me by Matt and his cold blooded bullshit.

Have you lost a game with them yet Matt?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:58 am

They are tough, but i also played like shit from my deployment on, i made tons of mistakes that a good player like mat was able to take advantage off.
Highlight of the game was when i took one Steg EOTG to one wound with strgth 3 arrows ! and then he healed it back up with a spell Sad

Temple guard are nasty, but i think i couldve taken them with my TG if i had them placed right, my catapult missed all 4 times it shot, i made a charge and forgot my Hierophant was in the unit..lol, like i said, i played horribly.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 am

yeah, the tomb guard and temple guard just waved as they passed each other, one pursuing some saurus while the other charged some skeleton archers.

Luis left both of his archer units to fend for themselves. If they hadn't been so spread out, he could have counter-charged on his turn after his archers held my temple guard.

I also left a unit of terradons and an Engine too far away, and the priest and terradons died fighting his chariots and a scorpion. I think Luis committed a big mistake by not pursuing my fleeing stegadon into a forest to save his chariot: the chariots got killed by skinks, and the steg came back to destroy his scorpion and his chariot-less prince.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 am

and dude, my lizardmen are tough! they trained under the IDF in Stephan's closet for months before coming over to the dark side of the Kobalt Tool Box!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:54 am

Diosamblet wrote:and dude, my lizardmen are tough! they trained under the IDF in Stephan's closet for months before coming over to the dark side of the Kobalt Tool Box!

lol, they prob worship you as the Lightbringer God for saving them from the void of smelly socks and dirty shoes that was the bottom of Stefans closet Smile

I dont know what the hell i was smoking when i played yesterday, i made very noobish mistakes, that damn Slann must have cast a spell of Noobiness on me or soemthing !

The chariots chasing the Steg wouldve been horrible, they wouldve all died, two things didnt go for me there: a) the Scorpion was 1 mm out of charge range to kill that one las remaining skink on the steg and hopefully make u fail a monster mount test. b) the freaking chariots got hit by like 6 poison shots and failed all my saves Sad ..stoopid stinks and their battery acid tipped darts.

I spread myself WAY to much, with Khalida you gotta bunker down and i did the total opposite. Oh well, at least i can blame this loss on the Lizardmen being broken farao
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

Ovich wrote:Well,

It's good to know I've not been the only one getting my ass handed to me by Matt and his cold blooded bullshit.

Have you lost a game with them yet Matt?

He slaughted my WoC before he crushed yours. If this was a campaign, Matt would own like 4 kingdoms right now.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Ahh, good old lizzies...

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:47 pm

At our most recent RTT up here, three Lizardmen players came...one with 4 Stegadons (2 Ancient and 2 regular). The highest anyone placed out of 16 players was 7, and two of the three are decent generals. Oh, we used the new book (in case you didn't get the Ancient Stegadon reference). The lists are beatable...just not very easily...They faired most poorly against Daemons (the Bloodletter kills anything it touches -- and with a 5+ ward and 4+ regen, Nurgle units tend to survive pretty well), also Siren Song gets the Stegadons out of position pretty easily; Dwarfs with 2 cannons, 2 BTs and a Rock lobber, plus some Iron Breakers and Long beards for support, and, surprisingly, Bretonnians, who just simply out maneuver them all over the place.

So, the list is tough, but not entirely broken...only partially! Laughing

I'm still 0-fer against it, though...Haven't had a chance to use my Star Dragon against the list, though...just wait until I that guys gets a hold of a Stegadon!!! Twisted Evil
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 pm

pfff, High Elf generals who take Sam are broken!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Well Matt just trashed through another of my WoC lists. I played it monster and magic heavy. Level 4 Tzee Prince, 2 lvl 2 Nurgle Sorcs, 2 Slaneesh Giants, 2 fast cav, Warriors, and my trusty Knights. Matt was in complete control at the end of turn 2 and I conceeded after 3.

You may not be able to beat everybody, but it matches up so well against some lists (like those that rely on armor saves to live Sad ).

For round 2 I tried a Nurgle/Tzeentch Daemon list. I was rolling HOT and I was ahead after 4, but not by much. It is a shame we couldn't finish because it could have gone either way. At least I was able to give him a game.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:21 am

I think it'll be like most lists, and eventually folks will find something to work with.

One of the new rules I've discovered with all of the new lists coming out is I have to bring something or someone who is specifically geared towards killing large targets. There's really only one or two armies out there that I know of which don't utilize a monster of some type.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 am

That last game vs. daemons was definitely looking good for you. I needed to kill that damn Herald of Nurgle if I wanted a chance to win that combat!

Your Nurgle/Tzeentch list is really tough. I should have gone with Fire or Shadow (Pit of Shades baby!); Lore of Light sucks monkey balls.

I'm intrigued as to what you'll bring to the tournament!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 am

Diosamblet wrote:That last game vs. daemons was definitely looking good for you. I needed to kill that damn Herald of Nurgle if I wanted a chance to win that combat!

Your Nurgle/Tzeentch list is really tough. I should have gone with Fire or Shadow (Pit of Shades baby!); Lore of Light sucks monkey balls.

I'm intrigued as to what you'll bring to the tournament!

And just think Fluff wise Nurgle and Tzeentch are diametrically opposed and would fight side by side only on very rare occasions. Under the leadership of Archeon for example.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am

Plague Bearers being lead by a Demon Prince of Tzeentch Rolling Eyes ...the Plague Bearers would take him out. Give him syphilis and spit in his eyes.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Perhaps in the old days...... today all the Chaos Gods are buddy-buddy. It is the mortals, daemons, and beasts that can't all get along.

I was trying to bring WoC this month - but everything I try gets crushed. The Nurgle/Tz list warrents a long look considering how well it held up to the lizzies.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down