The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Tournament Results

5 posters

Go down

March Tournament Results Empty March Tournament Results

Post by Hurricane Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 pm

1. Luis 15 pts Soviet Penal Infantry Company
2. Will 11pts American Rifle Company
2. Eric 11pts German Fallshrimjager Company
(we had a draw in our head to head match)
3. Don 9pts American Armoured Company
4. Matt 8 pts German Pioneer Infantry Company
5. Tom 7 pts German SS Panzer Company

Lots of fun and most of the games were really tight. Going into the last round, it could have been almost anyone's game.

Matt took a ton of pictures. Hopefully he will post them and other people can give some feedback or battle reports. I will post more tomorrow.

Last edited by Hurricane on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

March Tournament Results Empty Re: March Tournament Results

Post by scurrdi Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Sounds like it was a fun event!

Can't wait to see the pics and hope that when I get in town we can get more of these going!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:11 am

It was lots of fun, nice to play some FoW games again....that Stalin Onslaught Penal company is broken as hell...passing motivation tests on 2+ with kmossisar rerrolls is insane, and they all come with submachineguns ! Good thing the one tank company i fough twas screwed because of my special rule where i ALWAYS attack, no matter what, if not all those tanks wouldve been a big prob.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 am

I doubt that they would have been a problem, your infantry teams all have flamethrowers. And yes that list is broken!! That horde is practically impossible to stop and to break a platoon... you have to roll two 1's in a row.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 pm

OMG Luis, you cheezy mutherfuker. Taking a game like FOW which is naturally balanced and still finding a way to make an army that's flat out broken.

What a talent you have.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:06 pm

I beat luis but barely, i had to kill every single stand of infantry he had! lol and he complained about having to go against fearless paratroooers. But that 2+ motivation check plus the komissar and the nurse warrior team is crazy. But it was fun. Part of the problem other people had was not being able to kill that much infantry.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:12 pm

It's tough to work on that much infantry, most people aren't used to it.

One of the things that is working to Luis's advantage there was how most people probably geared up their stuff to fight tanks, whereas Luis's mounds of infantry were pretty nasty surprise.

Aren't their platoon sizes smaller though, then the regular Russians?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:45 pm

LOL, I couldnt tell a difference. "But maybe it was because of the 2+ motiviation checks or the nurse resurrecting the dead. Oh, and I was right the anti-tank gun rule. That PRZD or whatever it is called. Anti tank rifle is a gun team therefore it cannot launch an assault or counterassault. But if it is assaulted and is either in base contact or within 2"s then it can participate in close combat with it's AT 3 rating.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Yeah, I imagine thats the case. I need to look into that Penal group a bit, I don't know anything about them.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 pm

The Penal battalion is from the Stalin Onslaught book..which is a pretty broken book in my opinion. That game vs Erick was tough, walking accros the long side of the board vs entrenched German paratroopers with lots of Heavy Machine gun support is suicidal Smile Lol, he had to kill evry single stand of infantry i had and i took half his army with me. I think i'll try an Urdany infantry battalion see how they do.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:46 pm

The Urdany are much more balanced, but also pretty powerful.

I don't think the Penal battalion is crazy broken. They're conscripts aren't they?

Sounds like all some folks need is some MG dice and some cheap artillery (like mortars) to rain some love onto them. That and focus your fire on one platoon at a time. If you split your fire you'll never get 'em.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Hmm Conscripts? He played them as trained. I havent had a look at that book yet. Luis, if you would have played a normal infantry company we would have rolled to see who was the attacker. It was fun but a bit long. I think the next tournament needs to be 1500 pts. That will make it a bit faster.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:50 pm

I have the book. Ill take a look. That penal shit sounds like a pile of shit. I believe they are Conscripts not trained. Also didnt Stalin end the use of Commisars in late 1942 or early 43. Your not mixing rules are you Luis?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:08 am

They are Fearles Trained, the whole thing behind them is that they are not a penal battalion made out of regular soldiers, but made out of disgraced officers, hence they have much better training. Their fearles rule is that they pass on 2+ instead of 3+, bad thing is that their support is very very limitted, no tanks, planes or anything heavier than rocket battery and the SU-76m. They are reaally good at assaulting with their submachine guns and the 2+ motivation rolls. Also they always have to attack, they cant dig in or go to ground, always advance advance advance !! WAAAAAAAAGHH !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 am

Well, with a lack of serious support options it makes them sound not too bad, particularly not being able to dig in. Makes playing against them in encounter or seize and hold fun.

Just sounds overall like it's shoot 'em up till they're all dead!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 am

scurrdi wrote:Well, with a lack of serious support options it makes them sound not too bad, particularly not being able to dig in. Makes playing against them in encounter or seize and hold fun.

Just sounds overall like it's shoot 'em up till they're all dead!

Pretty much the tactic that Erik used Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 am

True, but none the less Luis waxed everyone but Eric. Whats their anti-tank? They took out an SS armored company if I remember. How does that happen. They should have been steamrolled.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:55 am

Im guessing that it was the flamethrowers that he attaches to the infantry platoons
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 am

rokassan wrote:True, but none the less Luis waxed everyone but Eric. Whats their anti-tank? They took out an SS armored company if I remember. How does that happen. They should have been steamrolled.

Well, it was a horrible scenario for Tom, it was breakthrough and even though he has a Tank company, my special rule says that i ALWAYS have to attack , even against tank companies, so he got royally screwed on the setup. All he was able to bring was an artillary platoon and a panzer platoon, on top of that it was delayed reserves, so nothing for him untill turn 3. For anti tank i brought 3 flame throwers, a sapper platoon with 5 stands and 4 SU-76Ms. Tom rolled horribly though, he mustave rolled like 10 ones and i lost count of how many 2s he rolled. So by the end i had a full unit sitting on the objective and he just couldnt get there on time.

Ericks' troops were running low on ammo by the end of our game, he was shooting me like 40+ shots a turn !! My poor canibal peasants were sluggish after having feasted on Mats' pioneer company and were not as fast as they needed to be to get accross that long table. I thought about double timing them for 2 turns...but the thought of 4 Heavy machineguns popping out of ambush and taking double shots against them was just to terrifying ..!! affraid
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down