The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Results?

+5
lordfairfax2001
Autarch (CM)
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
Hurricane
9 posters

Go down

Tournament Results? Empty Tournament Results?

Post by Hurricane Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:25 am

So, lets hear it! How was the tournament? How many people and who won??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Tournament Results? Empty Re: Tournament Results?

Post by scurrdi Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 pm

I heard they had 12 people!!!

As for the rankings, I'm not to positive. But 12 is a huge number for Fantasy!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 pm

It was a full house with 12 players. 2 VC, 2 Skaven, 2 O&G, Daemons, Empire, Ogres, WoC, Lizards, and Dwarves. The big group had everyone's competitive juices flowing.

Personally it was not my best day from a sportmanship standpoint. My opponent made some mistakes in game 2 that caused me to loose my cool and I'm a bit embarrassed by that.

I played my DoC flying Circus list.
Game 1 vs. Matt's O&G. Matt shot my Bloodthirster down with Bolt Throwers in 2 rounds before he saw combat. An IF Waaaagh! spell let him get massive angles and trash my mage chariots. I got lucky when he blew up some artillary and a mage. Matt made a late error when he charged my Flesh Hounds with his Shammy on a Wyvern that let me get my BT points back and bring this to a draw.

Game 2 vs. Franco's Warriors of Chaos
Massacre win but the whole game is taint with big errors, so who knows how it should have gone.

Game 3 vs. Brandon's Skaven
A solid pitch battle. I was able to bait his Plague Monks to their death and my BT chased his BSB off the table. Brandon took out both of my herald chariots and a bunch of flesh hounds. Kill points were fairly close, but I eeked out a solid victory based on bonus points for captured targets and table quarters.

My Heralds on Tzeentch Chariots underperformed and were destroyed in all 3 games. I gave up alot of points in flesh hounds. My flamers were the MVPs of the day. In addition to blasting everything in range, they took out the Chaos Lord on his dragon.

Some other highlights - Sergio scored a massacre with his Ogre's vs. Stephen's VC. I was shocked when I saw the score go up for that match.

Best General was Luis with his Skaven
Best Painted was me
5 tied for best sportsmanship (NOT me)

Overall
1st - me with DoC
2nd - Luis with Skaven
3rd - Matt with O&G

I got a new Devil Fish which should give me enough competitive Tau to play some 40k. I think I'm going to focus on that for a bit.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 am

ShadowMaster wrote:
Personally it was not my best day from a sportmanship standpoint. My opponent made some mistakes in game 2 that caused me to loose my cool and I'm a bit embarrassed by that.

Don't feel too bad in that arena, I had the exact same issue when I played my first match; but, the rest of the day went fantastically well and I very much enjoyed my games against Matt & Nate.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 am

Figures...I leave and you get a full-house. You're all just lucky the High Elves weren't in town. Twisted Evil

Good to hear that things were hoppin'.

I'm very surprised to hear you got riled up, Bill. I've always enjoyed our games, but I'm sure everyone has something that sets them off. Wish I could have gotten a game in against your DoC list. The Dragon Princes love flamers...they're so cruchy and can't hurt the Princes at all (especially my lord on his Star Dragon) -- gotta love Dragon Armor.

At any rate, congrats to the good finishers and great to hear things are still alive and well down in sunny Miami -- enjoy the sun...we're scheduled to get 1-2 inches of ice (not snow...ICE!!!) this week.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:28 am

It was pretty damn cool we got 12 people for this, biggest turnout in a while !

I got something for those pesky Dildo saddle using Dragon Princesess .. Warp Lighting !!! THEY AINT INMUNE TO THAT !!!!

ICE ?!?!!?!? is hot and humid here, mid 80s today, i want some cold !!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 am

Bill what set you off...I love those stories.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 am

Oh - I did the mantra thing during the 2nd break, chilled out, and had a great 3rd game. Still I was bother later by my reaction - I could have handled it much better.

I picked my flying circus list for 2 reasons - first there were no HE players signed up. I can't play HE with that list as almost everything is flaming. Second was I thought it would be best vs. Nate and his Dark Elves, but Nate ended up bringing Lizzies.

The demonic stigma on the net is spun a bit out of control. The BT is great, but he can be killed. Flesh Hounds have a punch, but they lack the nice save most heavy calvary get. They are nice, but not as nasty as reported. Horrors get you some extra casting, but are also not as strong as rumored.

Flamers..... well flamers kick ass. They are the best shooting unit in the game. Expensive and they take a rare slot, but they perform so well they are worth every point.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Well, the BT dying to Spearchukkas of all things was a bit of..well.. a HUGE chuck of luck, that thing shouldve just shrugged them off and proceed to destroy half an army, Matt has crazy luck with those things, he killed the Arch lector on the Pope Mobile with one shot, the guy failed like 3 ward saves ?!?

The Flamers are insane and worth evry point spent on them, i was at the recieving end of them a couple of times, 12 of those guys can dish out more shots than a whole Empire or Dwarf Gunline !

I think with the horrors is the huge sized unit you field them on, is pretty damn scary Smile

i freaking love your guys on the chariots, the look so damn awsone, and that Shaggoth/BT looked amazing, you should post a pic of it
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 pm

The Heralds do much better in units than on their own in chariots. They give so many advantages to the entire unit and are protected by that same unit, that most people run them inside units. The chariots are nice, but they end up being pin cushions or easy points for someone with a Heavy Cav unit or a monstrous flier.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 pm

The Chariot is such a good buy for the herald
20" movement, Impact Hits, and 2 screamers for 60 points

Your referring to the siege list Luis. The horrors are nasty in the big unit of 30, but yesterday in 3x10 units they just generated DD and held quarters.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:The Chariot is such a good buy for the herald
20" movement, Impact Hits, and 2 screamers for 60 points

Your referring to the siege list Luis. The horrors are nasty in the big unit of 30, but yesterday in 3x10 units they just generated DD and held quarters.

Do the chariot's screamers still generate slashing attacks as they fly?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 pm

I was lucky with the chukkas, but T6 and 5 wounds with a 4+ AS and 5+ ward is still killable.

The chariots are nice, and massacred a unit of boar boyz to later overrun into trolls.

What really hurts them is the S4, lack of scythed wheels and shitty stats of the Tzeentch heralds, so you can't really go after ranked up units (on the other hand, I would throw 2 wolf chariots against regular rank and file and expect to win)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Screamers do get the slash attacks if they pass over the unit - S5

The chariots are there to support the BT - once he went down they had little hope of breaking through all those troops.

Still everytime I get them out of position they get whacked, so you need to be careful. Even in a pair and with 1 buffed they could not dent Matt's 3 troll unit.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Still everytime I get them out of position they get whacked, so you need to be careful. Even in a pair and with 1 buffed they could not dent Matt's 3 troll unit.
Even with the flaming attacks that negate regen? I know they don't get a lot of attacks, but the flaming should help, especially against Trolls -- I guess the S4 against T5 was the killer for you?
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 pm

We did take into account the flaming, but against T4 trolls he needed 4+ to wound, and they still had a total of 9 wounds.

Bill definitely dented them, but he wasn't able to destroy them and overrun off the board. On my turn I faced my units towards the chariots and an Irresistible Waagh! spell later they were toast.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Diosamblet wrote:Bill definitely dented them, but he wasn't able to destroy them and overrun off the board. On my turn I faced my units towards the chariots and an Irresistible Waagh! spell later they were toast.
That's just mean! No
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

It was game breaking.

If Matt doesn't charge my dogs with this Wyvern/Shammy and loose he has a solid victory for sure. With O&G vs. DoC that is impressive.

I need to play Matt in a non tourney game so I can enjoy the leasson I'm getting more. Razz
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Well Dan and Sam, you should be happy to hear that I actually got massacred with my VC's by , of all armies, the Ogres !

My first match was against Israel who was playing with dwarves. He had 7 dispel dice with +3 to dispel on every roll and the banner of Valaya which negates all RIP spells within a certain radius. It was a challenge and every magic phase was a titanic battle in itself. But I was able to flank him with my Vargulf, Wraiths and Black Knights and in the end, wound up with the Massacre. I was very please by that and began to get cocky.

Too cocky... Going into the game against the O. K. I though I had it in the bag from the beginning. But the hidden deployment messed me up a bit. I put down my dice before Serge did, and thinking about it in retrospect I think that was a big mistake, because it allowed Serge to set up his hidden deployment in reaction to mine. We should have taken turns placing the dice down.

But what really screwed the game up for me were 2 things.

I completely misused my flanking force. I sent my wraiths and vargulf into a unit of Iron Guts without realizing that he had magic item toting bruiser in the unit. Which is the same mistake I made the last time I played Sergio. I manage to cause 3 wounds on the Bruiser, but unfortunately, he has 4. So that ended poorly for me. My Knights ended up getting charged themselves because I was too afraid to charge them into a unit of Ogres without any support. The were charged by a unit of bulls and with some really bad armour save rolling, my knights were wiped.

The second mistake I made was forgetting to dispel his buff spells in my magic phase. This was huge. His bruiser would have died if I had dispelled the extra toughness and regeneration he had on him, and I would have destroyed his Tyrant if he had not been stubborn ( another buff that I forgot to dispel )

So hats off to Sergio for playing a very tactically sound game.

My third battle was against Dale, which between both of our huge magic phases was really , really slow. Especially with Dale's habit of rolling dice individually instead of all together (I could kill him sometimes). In the end I managed to pull off a minor victory.

So all in all a very fun tournament and certainly a very humbling experience for me. I never thought I'd see my army massacred, but in this game, anything is possible.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Ogres are so damn cheesy
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:04 am

Hehe, well at least all things have occurred. It sounds like it was a pretty solid tournament and sad that I missed it!

Now we just gotta get you heavy hitters out to play some of the guys in Tampa or Orlando, like maybe at Recon!!

This will really test your gaming prowess. No army tailoring since you won't know who or what your playing!!

Sorry, I've never played against Bill and your obviously a fantastic general, but I can't not jab at bringing armies based on who your fighting against, its just something I fundamentally disagree with when playing. But thats just me, and obviously one of your main reasons for it didn't work out (no DE).

Sounds like plenty of solid games though all around! Any pics??

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 am

Ogres are tough when played by someone who knows how to use them, i played Sergio for the last round and he was on my face on round 2 ! fuckers move fast, their units are small, but when the models are so big, he pretty much covered the table from side to side and i couldnt manuever much. I charged a unit of clanrats at a unit of ogres..lol. man that was ugly, 20+ attacks later my rats were running for the board. Game breaker was when he charged 3 characters , including the Tyrant into my unit with the Grey seer, and his monster thing that came from the flank, he hit the poor rat with this item that takes away a wiz lvl per hit, and my seer became a lvl 1 seer, lol, but he then proceded to miss with like 16 attacks and only killed 2 rats !!! i won that combat and in my turn shot my Warpligthing cannon who had a straight shot down all his characters, hit them and killed 2 of them and then the Tyrant broke !!! tyrant failed to rally and got full points for him.

Game ended minor victory for me but i lost a LOT of rats.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:45 am

I have 3 armies now, so I always have options. I like to try different stuff. I don't really tailor for my opponent, but I do give alot of thought to my list between tourneys. If I was going to something big (ie Orlando) with this list I'd be crazy to not remove some flaming attacks to handle HE should we play.

I was going to play a WoC Suneater list, but with the big turnout I did not want to try something brand new.

I considered some other options but Nate bluffed he was bringing the witch king on the dragon and I fell for it and brought something I felt could counter that should we play.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:51 am

I had nightmares about facing Bill and his Bloodthirster, i could just see the bastard landing behind my units and panicking evrything into the loving arms of his hounds... brrrrrr affraid

I traded for a painted Slann and 22 more painted Skinks and they are on the way, i think i may play them next tourney with a magic heavy list for lizzies, my current lizardmen have like NO magic. A painted Slann and 22 Skinks for 3 unpainted spearchukkas aint a bad deal !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:34 am

dammit I was looking for 2 chukkas Sad
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down