The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadliest Warrior

+12
Dr. Love
luis the young
DarkAngel_Cesar
Hurricane
Valhalla114
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Kyle
Ovich
Torean
scurrdi
rokassan
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Deadliest Warrior Empty Deadliest Warrior

Post by rokassan Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Anybody seen this show on Spike TV. Its a great show. They compare different Warriors from throughout history and see who would win. For example The Gladiator vs the Apache Indian.

Last edited by rokassan on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Deadliest Warrior Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior

Post by scurrdi Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Is this the one where the guy travels the world learning different fighting styles?

I think that show is pretty awesome.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:17 pm

No. Its a new show. They bring in experts on different cultures and their warriors. They test their weapons ,fighting styles and armor using computers and dummies and whatnot. Its a damn good show. The Apache came out over the Gladiator and the Samurai over the Viking.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Torean Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Go samurai!

My coworker now owes me lunch!
Torean
Torean
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

I can totally understand the Samurai over the Viking. I saw the show and I think they undervalued the skill of the samurai vs. the viking. Samurai is an elite warrior with years of training and discipline. A viking can be any guy who happens to be swedish/danish/norwegian, who wielded an axe/sword and went raiding.

I didn't see the Gladiator vs. the apache, but I can't imagine how the apache won out on that one. Once again, a gladiator usually had years of training in killing. How would an apache warrior, which could basically be any male tribesmen, compete against that?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Most gladiators were not awesome well trained killing machines though like some stories would have people believe. Many gladiators had very poor to little training and were nothing more than dirty fighting street fighters, and often many did not last too many actual matches, only a handful ever gained any popularity or ever had a "long" lasting career. The care given to them was often poor as well so even if they won a match, they would have lingering wounds that would not properly get treatment or time to heal before they returned to the ring. Not all gladiators were trained much at all either and just big tough guys tossed into the rings often to die in their first match.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Apache would have been more trained in stealth and ambush tactics.

Not sure what would beat a Samurai? Maybe a ninja
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:05 pm

A ninja likely cause of his dirty tricks while Samurai fight with a code and specific techniques. Supposedly many Samurai feared the ninja because they did not follow bushido and would do anything they could to win.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 pm

I think we all underestimate the Viking. When they did the calculations it was very very close. The Vikings grew up in a Warrior culture Stephan and they hammered the shit out of all they faced. They were bigger and stronger. They actually tested a real Katana blade on Viking chain mail...it(the Katana) was worthless. It couldnt cut through the armor.
Lets not get caught up in the Jap animiation nerd crap thinking all that is Asian is better. Remember we hammered those rice eaters in WW2 they aint that tough.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 am

ain't that tough? only reason we got out of that shit was because of TWO nukes.

knight vs. samurai lolol
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 am

Well, we had Japan on the ropes by the time we decided to use the nukes. The nukes just saved US a ton of lives.

Back to the point at hand.

I think its very difficult to judge warriors from difficult cultures. I mean to me its like comparing different major sports athletes from different sports (like Michael Jordan vs. Babe Ruth) and seeing who's better. Each of the warriors at hand had completely different circumstances around each one, not to mention technology, lifestyle, and everything else.

Each one mentioned so far was a fearsome fighting machine, just in a different way.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:23 am

rokassan wrote:I think we all underestimate the Viking. When they did the calculations it was very very close. The Vikings grew up in a Warrior culture Stephan and they hammered the shit out of all they faced. They were bigger and stronger. They actually tested a real Katana blade on Viking chain mail...it(the Katana) was worthless. It couldnt cut through the armor.
Lets not get caught up in the Jap animiation nerd crap thinking all that is Asian is better. Remember we hammered those rice eaters in WW2 they aint that tough.

Problem with the show in general and the comparisons is that your dealing with one on one fights with very different cultures who would have very little knowledge of fighting each other, or come from very different time periods/backgrounds.

The vikings were accustomed to fighting slower more brutal methods of warfare while with the samurai they mainly fought against their own kind in a much lighter class of combat. In a one on one fight of these two very different types of fighters, it really is hard to compare truthfully if the greater power would overcome the greater agility, speed, and finesse of samurai fighting techniques. Your dealing with two very different things here and one could assume it goes either way. In a one on one fight you could have the viking possibly quickly dispatched by the sheer speed of the sword attacks of the samurai, while in the other case perhaps the armor would offer enough protection where the samurai strikes that the viking crushes or overpowers the weaker opponent.

A more appropriate comparison of this type of stuff is comparing it on an army vs. army basis. With full comparisons of technology, backup support, artillery technology, fighting techniques, etc.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:42 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:ain't that tough? only reason we got out of that shit was because of TWO nukes.

knight vs. samurai lolol

Chris Im a WW2 history buff...we annihilated their armed forces man to man. We nuked them to end the war early, not because they were winning. Even in hand to hand combat our Marines usually came out on top because we were bigger and stronger. The myth that every Jap knew karate was bullshit. These are facts Im not pulling this stuff out of my ass.

Last edited by rokassan on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 am

i like the new American gladiator too
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:47 am

Kyle I agree. The Viking had a technique where as their opponent closed they could throw two spears at the same time and kill two enemies at once. One on one it could go either way really. As you said a large melee involving numerous troops would be more viable.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 am

I like the old American Gladiator.... nothing like Steriods in the 1980's. Of Course the femaile gladiator's are on the new show are smoking hot!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 am

Deadliest Warrior Phoeni10

Deadliest Warrior Crush10
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am

The next show is Spartan V.S. Ninja should be pretty intresting!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

That girl on the Bottom...Crush I think is smoking hot.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

Umm, Alfred they are both smoking hot. I would eat their asses for hours...of course that would be amongst the other depraved things I would enact on them.

Omn another note, what the fuck does this have to do with the topic? Start another thread about those hot bitches and stop deviating from the topic.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Where pictures of hot bishes are concerned, they can deviate the topic as often as they like !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

luis the young wrote:Where pictures of hot bishes are concerned, they can deviate the topic as often as they like !!

Thats because Tits are always related
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Thank god, cause I never would be able to find titties on the internet otherwise.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 pm

I can find you a video of chick getting a bat stuck in her ass if youd like.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Not only is Crush smokin' - she kicks some ass. That girl is UNDEFEATED in 2 seasons so far. She usually dominates and that deserves a spot in the Deadliest Warrior thread IMO.

Phoenix is just yummy. I'm hot for the pink punk rock hair.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next