The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadliest Warrior

+12
Dr. Love
luis the young
DarkAngel_Cesar
Hurricane
Valhalla114
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Kyle
Ovich
Torean
scurrdi
rokassan
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Deadliest Warrior - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Me too.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Rok, that just goes back to the little girl from Lazytown with the pink hair!!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Yup. She's hot for being 12.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Very nice, Crush is pretty smokin' hot though.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

anyway.. back to the topic at hand.

M
ost gladiators were not awesome well trained killing machines though like some stories would have people believe. Many gladiators had very poor to little training and were nothing more than dirty fighting street fighters, and often many did not last too many actual matches, only a handful ever gained any popularity or ever had a "long" lasting career. The care given to them was often poor as well so even if they won a match, they would have lingering wounds that would not properly get treatment or time to heal before they returned to the ring. Not all gladiators were trained much at all either and just big tough guys tossed into the rings often to die in their first match.

I just watched a show on the military channel that refuted this using modern forensics of bone pieces taken from a gladiator graveyard. According to this show, most gladiators had extensive training, with increased bone mass as proof. We're not talking about a bunch of slaves that they threw in the arena to get eaten by lions, we're talking about professionally drilled and hardened killers.

I think in a straight up hand to hand fight, a gladiator would make mince meat of an apache warrior. But if the apache is waiting behind a tree and pops out and shoots the gladiator, or chucks a few tomahawks at him... then yeah, you'd probably have a dead gladiator. That's why the show is stupid.

Bill,
The vikings may have been a warrior culture, but the Samurai's entire way of life and essence of being was to master the art of warfare .

But the whole show is cool and yet dumb as hell at the same time. When they were doing the special weapons, they showed that big ass club with the iron studs on it that the samurai had. WTF .. how many samurai walked around with one of those.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:12 pm

A forensic test of a burial ground is not conclusive data and a very small sampling of test subjects. From the history of the gladiators that we "know" many of them would have never even gotten a proper burial and it's been suggested that only the real "star" gladiators would ever get such treatment as a proper burial.

This is just another problem with the show in that there is so many variables involved that it's all silly.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Spartan beat the Ninja.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks Bill, hadn't seen that one yet.

You know what... I just watched Apache vs. Gladiator... and as entertaining as the show is... I 'm even more convinced that the so called " scientific evidence" that the show is built on is just a big steaming pile of bullshit.

First of all, how are you going to include missile weapons as part of the test? I guess that means a Bill Ciatoni is the deadliest fucking warrior when it comes to him fighting someone from any previous era. Even though he can't fight in CC worth a shit... his glock will take out any mutherfucker that gets close to him within 50 yards, even if they're wearing plate mail and a shield. WTF?

I mean I can understand including thrown weapons like javelins and tomahawks and shuriken and shit... but whats up with the bow and arrow? Of course that makes the fight unfair.

Plus, so far, the scenarios don't seem to take into account terrain. They show the Apache fighting the gladiator it the middle of friggin forest. Throw that indian in the gladatorial arena and take away his bow and arrow and see what happens.

What a bunch of crap.

I'll still watch it though.. cause comparing warriors from different eras is always cool.

I'm gonna write to the show to have them throw in Bill Ciatoni vs. a Turkish Jannissary.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

and putting the indian in the gladiator arena would be bullshit as well.....
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 am

Put them in the only fair setting... Space.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 am

Put em in the thunderdome !!!

Hey there's a gaming place just opened near my hometown called

Funderdome.

I shit you not.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Allright... I finally watched Ninja vs. Spartan and now I'm completely mystified by how amazingly dumb this show is. It's even getting hard to watch.

First of all, you are already comparing apples to oranges when you take warriors from different eras. But why accentuate that difference by pairing up the gorrilla style fighters with the heavies. It doesn't make sense.

I would have done Ninja vs. Apache, Gladiator vs. Samarai, and Viking vs Spartan. Much more easily measurable. I mean,. maybe the Ninja -Apache one would be too short. Since neither are armoured, all it would take is one good tomahawk or one poisoned blow dart and game over. But it would be more fun to me to watch what would happen between a Samurai and a Gladiator or a Viking Vs. a Spartan.

So far every show's been the same.... the Slant eyed guy meets the Round eye guy in the glade of forest. The round eye starts to run towards the slanty eyed guy. Slanty eyed guy shoots shit, which bounces off round eye guys armour. Theres a little bit of a clash with mid range weaponry. Slanty eye guy runs further into the woods. They fight with CC weapons.. and then slanty eye guy wins 2 out of the 3 fights...

BOOORING>
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:09 am

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT?! THE MELEE DPS OR THE TANK?!

Jesus Christ, Spike. How about Melee DPS versus Melee DPS? Or Tank versus Tank? The ninja would fucking stalk the Spartan for a week, and kill him in his sleep. The Gladiator would have rolled the Apache with one good blow to the face from his armoured gauntlet, and the Samurai ... Pssh. They should have had Musashi Miyamoto versus Attilla the Hun.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:43 am

Ovich wrote:Thanks Bill, hadn't seen that one yet.

You know what... I just watched Apache vs. Gladiator... and as entertaining as the show is... I 'm even more convinced that the so called " scientific evidence" that the show is built on is just a big steaming pile of bullshit.

First of all, how are you going to include missile weapons as part of the test? I guess that means a Bill Ciatoni is the deadliest fucking warrior when it comes to him fighting someone from any previous era. Even though he can't fight in CC worth a shit... his glock will take out any mutherfucker that gets close to him within 50 yards, even if they're wearing plate mail and a shield. WTF?

I mean I can understand including thrown weapons like javelins and tomahawks and shuriken and shit... but whats up with the bow and arrow? Of course that makes the fight unfair.

Plus, so far, the scenarios don't seem to take into account terrain. They show the Apache fighting the gladiator it the middle of friggin forest. Throw that indian in the gladatorial arena and take away his bow and arrow and see what happens.

What a bunch of crap.

I'll still watch it though.. cause comparing warriors from different eras is always cool.

I'm gonna write to the show to have them throw in Bill Ciattoni vs. a Turkish Jannissary.

Hey, I took 3 years of Tae-Kwon- Do bitch and I carry a Sig Saur .45 and an M4 colt assault rifle. Id beat them all. Hey I have a scenario. Stephan using his mental health training on the Waffen SS Grenadier...Ill even throw in a sling for you to use. Kinda like David and Goliath. Your back hair will be you armor.

Last edited by rokassan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 am

I think they factor in all of the weapons and use them to get an average(out of a million fights) of win vs. loss. In some of those fights Im sure the Ninja killed the Spartan outright and in other fights the Spartan killed the Ninja. The fight scenario in the show in a representation of who would win more on average. Its not two guys just going at each other once.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:32 am

There is no way in Hell a Spartan could beat a Ninja...first of all there is no fair fight where a Ninja is involved.. they are freaking assasins !!!!!! The Spartan wouldve been dead before he knew wtf was going on.
Hoplites were not known for their ability to jump arround and wave their spears in circles and shit, they fought in a Phalanx like formation and had to be reaaally close to each other for support, none of that fancy Spear swinging and hollywood like 300 jumping arround and shit.

Viking Vs Samurai....hahahahaahah, i laughed at this one, all the samurai has to do is wait and when the viking charges like a crazy bezerker, just step to the side and cut him in two as he russhes past, also comparing throwing 2 spears at the same time vs a Japanese bow and arrow....wtf..wtf..lol, that viking wouldve had 10 arrows in him by the time he got close enough to use those spears.

Now..a good fight would be Sioux horse warrior vs Mongul horse warrior.. THAT would be a cool fight, whos a better horse archer, the Sioux or the Mongul ? And they are both good in hand to hand.
Or how about Axtec warrior vs Gaul barbarian, that would be a good fight also.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:24 am

Or an ancient Assyrian warrior versus a Greek soldier.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm

NurgleNick wrote:Or an ancient Assyrian warrior versus a Greek soldier.

Im going the route of totally different time periods and continents and styles of figthing. Greeks and Assyrians had pretty similar styles of fighting, even though there is a time period difference. Is like saying Ancient egiptian warrior vs Roman legionare.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Spartan vs. 40 90yr olds.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Only if the 40 90 year-olds have Synapse.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 pm

and toxin sacs
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Here's the Deadliest warriors I want to see.

Bill Ciatoni vs. Chuck Norris.

Erik Kopp vs a Jehova's witness who came to his house on the wrong sunday.

Luis Alcala vs a big fat ass Black chick with metal nails.

Nurgle Nick vs The Zohan

Mike Harmon vs. A real Black Templar

Joel Vs. Gollum or Mr. Crabs.. take your pick

J.C . vs a mutated sewer rat

Jerry Vs. George Bush... in a no holds barred cage fight.

Gimme some of those fights..
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 pm

luis the young wrote:There is no way in Hell a Spartan could beat a Ninja...first of all there is no fair fight where a Ninja is involved.. they are freaking assasins !!!!!! The Spartan wouldve been dead before he knew wtf was going on.
Hoplites were not known for their ability to jump arround and wave their spears in circles and shit, they fought in a Phalanx like formation and had to be reaaally close to each other for support, none of that fancy Spear swinging and hollywood like 300 jumping arround and shit.

Viking Vs Samurai....hahahahaahah, i laughed at this one, all the samurai has to do is wait and when the viking charges like a crazy bezerker, just step to the side and cut him in two as he russhes past, also comparing throwing 2 spears at the same time vs a Japanese bow and arrow....wtf..wtf..lol, that viking wouldve had 10 arrows in him by the time he got close enough to use those spears.

Now..a good fight would be Sioux horse warrior vs Mongul horse warrior.. THAT would be a cool fight, whos a better horse archer, the Sioux or the Mongul ? And they are both good in hand to hand.
Or how about Axtec warrior vs Gaul barbarian, that would be a good fight also.

Luis they tested the Katana blade on the Viking Chain mail...it didnt do shit to the armor. So cutting anyone in half wouldnt happen.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Ovich wrote:Here's the Deadliest warriors I want to see.

Bill Ciatoni vs. Chuck Norris.

Erik Kopp vs a Jehova's witness who came to his house on the wrong sunday.

Nurgle Nick vs The Zohan

Joel Vs. Gollum or Mr. Crabs.. take your pick

Gimme some of those fights..

Stephan I must admit that was good. I almost pissed myself laughing. Your almost a witty as me. Wink
Stephan against vs. an Iranian,Jordanian,Syrian,Saudi Arabian,Libyan and Egyptian.
JC vs. a Catholic Priest...no HOLES barred.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Ovich wrote:

Luis would most likely be armed with a shank or some similar item us Cubans love to use against Blacks. However, the Fat ass black chick, in addition to the metal nails, is usually armed with several weapons. In close combat, although Luis has the speed avantage, the Fat ass black chick has Mass and Strength on her side. There have been cases where Shanks have been completly ineffective against the Fat Rolls.

I Give it to the Fat ass black chick.

Nurgle Nick vs The Zohan

This fight could go either way. Nick is one cold blooded bastard, but Zohan definitly has some skills on his side. If Nick can get Zohan by suprise, who knows what sort of Nihilistic stuff Nick could do to him. In a Straight up match however, Zohan would probably take this due to superior skill. Although hes definitly going to go through one hell of a fight.

Why would these two fight? They'd probably take one good long stare at each other, simultaneously shake hands, then swap war stories.

Joel Vs. Mr. Crabs

This fight is a Mutually Assured Destruction. In a straight up fight, Mister Crabs has his large pincers to fight with, although he is probably weaker than Joel. One good hit from Joel and this fight could swing the other way. However Mr. Crabs is a skilled fighter, and Joel is slow and and uncoordinated. I See Mr. Crabs slaying Joel, only to die a week later from Nurgles Rot.

J.C Would be the most likely to have created the sewer rat in the first place in his secret lab that hes been building in his 3 - 5 month hiatus. J.C wins simply because he knows what the Sewer rat is and how to fight it.

Whoever Loses, We Win!
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next