The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadliest Warrior

+12
Dr. Love
luis the young
DarkAngel_Cesar
Hurricane
Valhalla114
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Kyle
Ovich
Torean
scurrdi
rokassan
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Deadliest Warrior - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 am

Spike better not fuck with that scientific study in badassery.

"Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!"
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 11:07 am

I like all the Rambo movies...I didnt see IV.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 11:18 am

Wha?! 4 was so damn good. Classic Stallone bad ass.... the ending battle is heavenly
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 11:36 am

Is it worth buying? I collect DVD's.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

I bought it but I'm a big fan of 80's and Stallone always delivered. It's a much more serious film compared to the previous Rambos, it would be more in line with the more "realistic" first film and alot more low key. It's got some great action moments and the gore in the film is cranked up real high.

It was just good to see a movie that didn't involve all these lame pansy ass action heroes we have nowadays, and wasn't all covered in slow motion and CG.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 11:52 am

cool.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Rambo IV kicked ass.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 pm

My all time favorite Rambo scenes.

When some Vietcong is walking throught the jungle and he walks up against a mud wall, and all of a sudden 2 eyes open up in the mud wall, and it's RAMBO !! who proceeds to pop out and cut the dudes throat.

When he pops out of the water firing the M60 !! Comeone.. who doesn't like that?

When hes hiding out in an afghani cave and has to cauterize his own wound with some gunpowder.....

In First blood, when he jumps off a cliff and hitting branches on the way down somehow manages to not die....

It was a great series.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm

In the mud wall scene that was a Russian Soldier. Get it right paste eater.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey do you think all the mud on that knife would have caused infection in that wound? Or do you think some neosporin would have prevented that?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

My favorite one is when he rams the Helicopter with a Tank...wtf ?? why didnt that helicopter like ..FLY arround and shoot rockets.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Rambo III was a bit.... much. Rambo II was epic.

"Do we get to win this time?"
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Rockets would be useless agianst a t-80 MBT. You'd need a Sagger or Spandrel anti-tank missle from that MI-24.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 pm

rokassan wrote:Rockets would be useless agianst a t-80 MBT. You'd need a Sagger or Spandrel anti-tank missle from that MI-24.

That thing was a Hind attack helicopter, it wouldve fucked that tank up and all the little horses running arround it in no time, the tank cant shoot it , and AK-47s aint gonna do shit to it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 4:53 pm

That actually wasn't a MI-24 in any of the rambo films. They were SA 330 PUMAs with shit attached to them to look like Russian attack helicopters: http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/puma.php

They used them in several movies as hollywood could not get a hold of real Russian helicopters back then.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I know, but it was supposed to represent one, an MI-24 wouldve shreded that tank .
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 pm

The version it was trying to represent was the MI-24A, which does not usually have the same firepower as the attack versions of the Hind such as the 24D. It was a gun ship transport , but not meant to fight tanks. The later D models were equipped with actual anti tank missiles.

Not saying the scene made any sense of course......
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu May 07, 2009 6:53 pm

You're right Bill, it was a russian in that scene.. and the fact you remembered that in a film full of gooks is a little bit disturbing.... but here's a little clip you'll enjoy.

The best is when he's draggin away a russian soldier in the jungle.. watch that part.

Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu May 07, 2009 7:01 pm

You know, I just realized after watching that.. that Rambo is a fucking better shot than Legolas... !

We may as well just call him Rambolas ! The guys pinning gooks to a bamboo post as night from like 50 yards away ?

And he doesn't even have the 1000 years of training and magical bow and arrows that Legolas has !
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5