The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not to beat a dead horse but.......

3 posters

Go down

Not to beat a dead horse but....... Empty Not to beat a dead horse but.......

Post by Hurricane Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 am

Ok with this 1000 pts tournament coming up we need to resolve a few rules. IE- Light of Valor. You all know someone is gonna bring Radagast. I have another question. It states that only 1 company from a formation can be in base contact with a monster. So, if it's charged by more than one formation, would it be one company from each formation? And what about the Mumak? In the rule Stomp and Gore, it says that all formations fighting suffer D3 hits per company which indicates that more than one company and more than one formation can be in combat with the Mumak. How are we playing this? I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna drop this b@$$ch when I see it in the tournament. Hey wait, I have an idea. Let's ban the Mumak from tournament play Twisted Evil
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Not to beat a dead horse but....... Empty Re: Not to beat a dead horse but.......

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:58 pm

So they bring Raggydee-ass. This issue has been resolved. The only thing that could be contribute is someone pointed out that you have to make a resilience roll, hero resilience is only for duels and certain MAGIC (pg 64). It goes on to say see page 70 for details, of which there are NONE on page 70 concerning magic spells and resilience. To be fair I propose that hero's resilience is in full effect for this spell.

"Only the spearhead can come in base contact with the monster..." (pg44) at the most, I would say that it is only possible for two companies at any one time to come in contact with a monster. Remember you can not touch the base of another company (friend of foe). Try it out, if anyone can demonstrate otherwise and everyone agrees, then it will be changed.

Mumak's are forbidden....

Okay, I am kidding. If Mumak's can effect multiple companies, multiple companies can effect the Mumak's. This issue has not been address (that I can recall). So it is open for discussion.

And the only dead horses will be Rohan.... ooohhh ooohhh bring it on!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Not to beat a dead horse but....... Empty Re: Not to beat a dead horse but.......

Post by BigEddy Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 pm

I believe when it says one company, it means one company per formation. and mumaks hit multiple companies when charged by multiple formations. That was my understanding, correct if wrong.

As for light of Valar... I'm not taking any caster's with spells of command, nor am I taking any spirits (actually I have gandalf, who is both, so maybe), so it doesn't effect me, but I'm still not comfortable with that ruling. Perhaps players can agree to not use that ruling in a game before they start, and otherwise it stands?
BigEddy
BigEddy
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 59
Armies : LoTR (WoTR)
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down