The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

+6
WC_Brian
Ovich
luis the young
spazfrag666
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! Empty Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by scurrdi Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:40 pm

So,

Here's the deal.

Joel is going to run the Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, the 27th, instead of Saturday.

He is also running a Magic Pre-Release event on Saturday AND Sunday. Joel believes that he can do both events at once and tells me he is doing it this way because he needs the money that the magic event would bring in, even if it's just 8 or 9 folks on Sunday for Magic.

As such, he's capping off the Hard Boys at 8 people max. At the end is a sign up roster with the folks whom I think have said they were interested in playing in the event.

The point size is 3,000. Everything is fair game and the only thing that is judged is Generalship.

As of right now Nate is running this event. I would assume that the start-time will be at least 12 noon since the rounds are supposed to be 3 hours long.

1. Luis
2. Bill
3. Stephan
4. Chris
5. Spazfrag (real name?)

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : unsticky)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks for the update Dan.

My only comment ATM is we can't start that late for this one or we won't be out of there until 10:30pm.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by spazfrag666 Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 pm

im in

spazfrag666
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 99
Armies : O&G,chaos dwarves,Ogre kingdoms
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

I thought you were going to play Dan ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 am

luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 am

Spaz is Sergio
Dan and Eric are playing FOW @ Hurricon in Coacoa beach that weekend
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:57 am

Where the heck are all the fantasy players ? when i posted this way back we had like 15 people interested in it !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am

Hmm, Sunshine still not showing up as a qualified store on the GW website, im starting to get worried about this. Nobody signing up and the store not showing up om the list....
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:34 am

I'm concerned that since Sunshine is not listed on the GW site as a host store that we won't be able to qualify for round 2.
Does Joel have the 'Ard boyz tourney package from GW?
Is there any way we can verify the situation?

Thanks!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 am

I'll ask him about it tomorrow when I swing by the store. As far as I know, Joel said he's hosting it. And Nate is going to be running it.

If push comes to shove I may be able to swing coming out and playing, with a bunch of proxies but I think I can do it. We'll see.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:35 pm

And here we have the Ard'Boys scenarios ........
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m480121a_Warhammer_Ard_Boyz_Preliminary_Scenarios

Are you fucking kidding me ? who wrote this things..a 5 year old ? They put NO effort whatsoever into this scenarios....what a pile of shit.

The second scenario is an undead/demon auto win.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:22 pm

It's so much a gay scenario if people didn't know about it. Now everyone's gonna take immune to psychology shit... which is lame. Not me, I've decided i"m definitely not taking my VC's
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:25 am

Ovich wrote:It's so much a gay scenario if people didn't know about it. Now everyone's gonna take immune to psychology shit... which is lame. Not me, I've decided i"m definitely not taking my VC's

Leave out the Khorne Knights and then I'll be impressed. Wink
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 am

Sunshine STILL not listed under the GW list of approved stores. Im about to say fuck it and just go to Tates, im worried that we play and wont count for the next round.

Wish that Nate would post something, havent heard from him in a while.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Call Mr. Krabs..
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Please sign up Marc Parker and Rob Carr.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 pm

WC_Brian wrote:Please sign up Marc Parker and Rob Carr.

You posted this and then removed it a few days ago - now it's back.

Do they understand what type of event this is (3K points of cheese lists)?
Are you sure they are coming?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:31 pm

nate told me joel wants to cut this down to 6
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Considering we have 7 signed up, that's just F'in great. Exclamation
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:57 am

huh ?

when was this ? i spoke to joel yesterday and he said max he could fit was 8. nvr mentioned anything about cutting down to 6. I also mentioned the concern with the store still not showing on the list of approved stores on the GW website and he assured me that he has been in contact with GW and that the Ard'Boys packet is coming to him.

Im gonna play this by ear till saturday, IF he doesnt have the packet by then or if this doesnt get organized i may just go to Tates, i allready registered there just in case. I really wanna participate in this event and im not taking any chances.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 am

I'm right there with you Luis.

2 of those who are signed up are unknown to our normal fantasy group. If they don't show then we don't have enough and we are stuck with no tournement.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 am

Well, i know Marc and Rob. Marc parker is a vet player with several GTs under his belt and Rob is preddy damn good also... BUT..i dont know if they will show up or not, havent seen either of them in a long time. Marc registered on the forum but hasnt posted confirmation or not.

I also spoke to Sergio yesterday and he says that his showing up is a MAYBE depending on his job cause he might have to work. So this is hanging by a thread. Nate said Fred would be coming..but again, this is not confirmed and Fred has canceled before because of work related issues.

I wish Nate would post some updates here, i know he doesnt have access to a PC at home, but if he spoke to Joel and mentioned something, Joel didnt say anything to me yesterday.

Last time i called Tates they had 5 people signed up, but brad said that his locals tend to wait till the last minute to comein, the one time i was there for fantasy the place was packed, so he has the people to fill the tournament if they sign up.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:40 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
WC_Brian wrote:Please sign up Marc Parker and Rob Carr.

You posted this and then removed it a few days ago - now it's back.

Do they understand what type of event this is (3K points of cheese lists)?
Are you sure they are coming?

I was trying to get Marc signed up put this is the worst forum software of all time and will not let him register.

They are well aware of what the tournament is and they are definitely coming. Also there is no such thing as cheese.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Those guys know the finer points of 'optimized' lists for GW games.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:51 pm

You know I just realized how many fucking points you have to win by in order to get a minor victory.. 1250 !!! Shocked

That's insane. In our local games that's easily a Major Victory . !

According to the GW book it's less, but I guess with ARD BOYZ you really gotta wipe the floor with your opponent or it's a draw for yo ass.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next