The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

+6
WC_Brian
Ovich
luis the young
spazfrag666
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:53 pm

BTW Brian, what kind of Craziness is Marc Parker bringing this time.

a 10 assassin Dark elf list all with Manbane and Throwing starts.

Oh look I just shot 30 strength 7 shots at your stegadon..... ooooooh.. bye bye stegadon.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:14 pm

OK - I just spoke with Joel and here is what he said.

The Good
Joel spoke with GW and they are confirmed as a host store, so the winners will qualify for round 2 and there will be full prize support.

Joel is willing to have 8 players, but..... see below

The Bad
Joel is expecting about 10-12 Magic players. There could be less. There could be more. Magic will have priority because he makes $30 per person.

If magic blows up big, Joel plans to set something up outside. In the 80+ degree heat and wind I don't think that will work for either game.

Joel said to come at 10am; however, Nate has been AWOL and there is no official start time set for this @11 hour event.

The Ugly (Truth)
The most you can fit at Joels is 5 WHFB games. 5 or 6 magic games will take up 2 of those tables, so the most that can fit will be 6 WHFB players. At that capacity it will be fully cramped and loud with magic players. Plus, we currently have 8 players registered.

I see 4 solid entries I know will show and 4 "possibles". If less than half of the maybe's show, no tourney. If an odd number show, we have a bye issue. If they all come we don't fit.

I don't like those odds. I didn't want to be the one to upset the apple cart; but I also want to give you guys enough notice. Considering we seem overloaded, I'm going to withdrawl my entry here and play up at Tate's.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:31 pm

I think I'm moving in that direction too.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 am

Alright.. Sorry i work way to much.

Um i have been speaking with joel about what is going on with ard boyz. So far i gathered that the magic thing that he is doing on saturday, he would like to do on sunday as well. Hoping that it will bring in more cash. This is main reason why this has been up in the air. Now i have no idea what is going to happen with the fact that we are not listed on the GW site. Is that going to effect the next round, more than likely yes it will (than again Im not a posstive preson). It can cause problems at the next round, but from what i have been told things have been worked out. I will call C.S and ask....never hurts to ask.

I would like another listing of the players if you would not mind. As in that we always have last minute changes

Sorry again that it had taken my a while to check. I will check again before i go to bed tommarrow.

Last edited by Dakai on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong posting...lol)
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:09 am

The list is as following:

1. Luis
2. Bill
3. Stephan
4. Chris
5. Spazfrag (real name?)
6. Fred
7.Marc Parker
8.Rob Carr

i will be a stand if in need be but if any one can conform people that would be killer
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am

ShadowMaster wrote:

The Bad
Joel is expecting about 10-12 Magic players. There could be less. There could be more. Magic will have priority because he makes $30 per person.

If magic blows up big, Joel plans to set something up outside. In the 80+ degree heat and wind I don't think that will work for either game.

Joel said to come at 10am; however, Nate has been AWOL and there is no official start time set for this @11 hour event.

The Ugly (Truth)
The most you can fit at Joels is 5 WHFB games. 5 or 6 magic games will take up 2 of those tables, so the most that can fit will be 6 WHFB players. At that capacity it will be fully cramped and loud with magic players. Plus, we currently have 8 players registered.

I see 4 solid entries I know will show and 4 "possibles". If less than half of the maybe's show, no tourney. If an odd number show, we have a bye issue. If they all come we don't fit.

I don't like those odds. I didn't want to be the one to upset the apple cart; but I also want to give you guys enough notice. Considering we seem overloaded, I'm going to withdrawl my entry here and play up at Tate's.

I can't blame you for doing that.

Do they have a sign up at Tate's?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

yes they do have sign up at Tates. The games start at 10 am I want to say it is 2 games then Pizza break then 3rd game. It is on this Sunday I think they have 14 signed up so far.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Ya know the more I think about what I posted it would be nice if some of you stay down south that way it will not be so hard to get to the next round. What I have heard second round will be at Tates so hell first palce second round get's 3k army for free from GW. But I need to get thru first round and if you all come up here that will be a real bitch. Come on you live in florida so it is 90 out side when you play you can smoke, look at the up side....
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:45 pm

That was the plan Garry, but I don't want to get to the next round by being one of only four people who show up.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm

14 have signed up at Tate's? Good for them!

I'm glad I'm not planning on attending this event. Minus the fact that I don't have enough models to really play it at this point, I'm not into the Hard Boys thing.

Good luck!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:53 pm

so should i just not show up bill??? and have you guys go to tates.....
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:

i have been here for a while i had posted shit undered that WFB section of the board. Guess you never looked...not really surpised.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:52 pm

I'd rather play at joels. Familiarity, travel time, and less competition Surprised
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:41 am

Dakai wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:

i have been here for a while i had posted shit undered that WFB section of the board. Guess you never looked...not really surpised.

Don't take that personally Nate. I saw all of your posts and when I wrote this you hadn't been heard from for about 1.5 weeks (Sept 11).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:24 am

I've resigned to go up to Tates as well. True, the competition will be more expansive, but I just can't imagine sitting in Joels from 10am -8 pm with 10 magic players in the room. It would be elbow to elbow as it is, but with the limited amount of room, it's just gonna suck.

Nothing personal Nate, but really, I don't want to be stuck with 5 people in a tournament. With Bill and Luis going up North, I don't think the rest of us have much choice.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:17 am

DEFINATELY nothing personal to anyone. This is about capacity and comfort. While I'm gonna try, I don't expect to win at either location.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 am

if bill and luis are going up that would be six. now if those ither 2 do not show up that is four. If you going up that is 3 thous giving those three people auto placing.

Now that fact that i was going to be a stand in and more than likey i can con dan to play that would bring it to 4. there is small chance that dale will show up. then what about sergo. if he shows up that would bring up to 6.

tell me guys something i really do not give a fling if you go...Now if is jsut the three of us that is show up say he was is going on sign the placing info and god home making my day easy as shit...

So thank you
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Nothing personal against anyone, i rather drive 15 mins to joels than 45 to ft lauderdale. thing is that Joels is small as it is, thie games are LONG and are gonna be hard, with all the magic peopke in there is gonna be a nightmare moving arround, going to the other side of the table to make moves there and bunch of other probs.

If Joel wasnt having the magic tournament then i would definetly stay there, but we dont even know if there will be enough space for evryoe ! can u imagine playin goutside on 90+ degrees ? shit i start weating when it gets to 78 in the store !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 pm

luis i got nothing against you man...
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:51 pm

I think there has to be a certain amount of people in the turnament to qualify for the 2nd round. I am not 100% sure tho. It would suck to think that you got to the second round then found out you did not qualify. Make sure Sunshine calls to make sure of it and he is still not on the list he should have his packet already if he is signed up for it.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah, sorry to anyone who was or still is attending Ard Boyz at sunshine, but in a big tournament like this, one has to be comfortable.

I can't blame Joel for hosting magic, since he needs to make money, but let's face it, he has a choice of when to host Magic tournaments. The fact that he knew about Ard Boyz date for 3 months, and couldn't plan differently tells me how much he cares about Fantasy.

We could have had a really great tournament with 10 or so people. But instead we have to share the store with a 10 more people ? No thanks.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:27 am

funny thing is they are playing outside....but whatever....you never asked again not a surpise.

and i spoke with gw and emailed them many items. Found out that there was a error on the site. It failed to list almost over 100 stores. Joel has all of that info and forms, so its a good un!!

The reason way Im not over thrilled about the come out of this things is that i am giving up about about 200 dollars in hourly pay to run this shit....they also gave me saturday and friday off for some reason to. Well i am going to this thing on cocobeach but whatever cuh...lol Also about i am losing atlest another 100 dollars in sales that are added to my pay check. So yea joels 35 dollars is not what is getting my ass out of bed. I should also state that the reasons way i am always hung over at a good chunk of the events that by the time i get out on a saturday nite is close to 1am...and that is not if i have to run shit to our differnent account holders...so i have a few rounds at the bar...there is like 13 with in walking distance of the job. It is shame to cause i thinkj this might be the frist time i will not be hung over at an event...lol

Last edited by Dakai on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:27 am

again do not think that i am angry at anyone person i am just looking at the finical lost of personal income. Again with you guys going up to tates just makes my day off a hell of alot easier
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 pm

btw, magic players will be playing outside. the store will be free
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Chris and I played a practice game today and Joel asked me to pass on some information to everyone......

The Sunday magic crowd will be playing outside and the store will be free for the 'Ard Boyz players.

The limit is still capped at 8 players

So any Sunshine regs that want to avoid the trip to Tate's should feel comfortable to play at Sunshine.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next