The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

+6
WC_Brian
Ovich
luis the young
spazfrag666
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by Dakai Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:00 am

bill did you miss what i posted????
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th! - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Hard Boys Tournament on Sunday, September 27th!

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 am

No Nate - just passing on the information Joel asked me to.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 am

and what's going to happen when the Magic guys who Joel makes all his money off of get pissed when they realize that they have to play in 90 degree whether or maybe rain and wind. Are they gonna be cool with that ? If they threaten to leave, you think Joel's gonna let all that money go?

Still sounds like a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

Luis, you haven't posted, what's you final plan.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:24 am

It's not like joel will kick the 'ard boyz playerz out lol

He made it very clear that the magic players will be outside regardless.

I'd rather avoid speculation.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Im still gonna head up to Tates and play there.
Good luck to the rest of you !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Just an FYI -

I was at Sunshine today (about 30 magic players, inside and out).

Joel told me Marc Parker had called because thought the 'Ard Boyz tourney was today on Saturday the 26th (GW set date). No data on if he and his buddy Rob will still show tomorrow.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I'll be heading up to Tate's too, Luis and I are carpooling.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm

The data is that Marc and Rob are coming to play tomorrow.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm

do they both play daemons? Razz
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:16 am

good luck to every one.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:46 pm

how did you guys fare???
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:02 pm

WC_Brian wrote:The data is that Marc and Rob are coming to play tomorrow.

No they both play Dogs of War. Razz

Of course Marc plays Daemons. Wink

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 am

I had a minor victory and 2 draws to finish 5th out of 8.

1st - Marc with a twin Bloodthirster, leadership bomb list.
2nd - Stephen with Kolek, Throgg, and the Knights
3rd - Garry with Bretts
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 am

It was really fun, all 3 of my games were top notch.

I drew against a Brettonian player in the first round. I rolled miserably, and misused Kolek, didn't win by enough, so ended up with a draw

Second round played Bill. Rolled very well, and played a good strategic game, but made some key mistakes at the very end that most likely cost me a possible minor victor, so I drew again.

Last round I did well against Luis and scored a Major victory against his rats, much to Luis' chagrin.

I was in second place by 1 point.

Marc played well for a " beginner". He scored a draw against Bill in a demon vs. demon slug fest, and had a minor loss against Luis's vermin. But what led him to first place was his first round massacre against a poor empire player. The guy had absolutely no chance. An empire player with no pope mobile, only 1 steam tank. The dude took greatswords, who takes greatswords ? So Marc rolled over him with his twin blood thirsters, and scored full points with full modifiers.

Anyway, it was lots of fun, and I'm heading to the second round most likely. Especially if it's at Tate's again.

What ended up happening at sunshine?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 am

I had a great time playing with you guys from down in Miami. Very tactical and thought out game, Saying that I do not think that I would bring the Brits to the next round they are not charater hvy enough and there leadship is to poor to be dealing with these fear/terror causing armys.

I know I got lucky at the end pulling Ronnie as my last game we play all the time and his list are not made for this kind of gaming that is why Marc and myself pulled out masacares. The bad thing about it is the way they do there point system if you happen to have all stong players and one weaker player normally the 3 people that played him place first second and third.

Think next round of bringing beast of chaos or dark elf maybe vampire.

Did they have people advance from Sunshine?

Hope you all had a great time. Sorry if my last match up screwed any of you.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 am

I think you bumped Brad to 4th. He was ahead of me by 1 point.

Word for Sunshine is only Chris showed to play, so Chris took first and Nate (tourney organizer) got second.

The free pass and $60 credit are nice, but not if you don't get to play.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am

Round 1 - (protect/capture the BSB objective) vs. Neil's melee heavy Dwarves. Thorek, Grudge thrower, and a wall of metal (no canons!). The Anvil of Doom is NASTY! I hit the wall fast and hard, but the dwarven static combat res kept me loosing by a pinch. I finally got the flank charges in and broke a bunch of dwarves. I managed to squeek out a minor victory, but it could have been a bit better had I not lost my BSB in a challenge on turn 5 (missed 1 up, missed ward). 4 rounds played.

Round 2 - (ode' to greenskins) vs. Stephen's WoC. I was lucky enough to go first and I pinned Stephen's knights in deep. However, Koleck is not so easily contained and he broke out for some major damage. I fried all the light targets, but I could not dent the knights. Steph must have made 40+saves vs. shooting from flamers on his Knights. I was on the ropes, but as Stephen pushed forward to finish me off my dice heated up and I was able to break a few knight units and waste his BSB in a challenge (Skulltaker to the rescue). IIRC I still lost by @600, but that put us in a draw. Complete game!

Round 3 - (protect/kill general objective) vs. Marc's DoC. Mark went first and pushed everything up to pin me down. Marc got an early leasson on flamers and Tzeentch horror magic as I fried 20 PBs down to 2 on turn 1. Then the BTs went to work. One took out my BSB. One took out Skulltaker before he could strike back (Barely! AAHHHHHH!). Flesh hound civil war was eveywhere. Marc's banner and Mask combo was extra nasty on my annimosity tests and he was wearing me down. Again I get some late game breaks when his BTs finally break from combat and I open up the flamers on them. I manage to take out both BTs with shooting on round 5 and our remaining troops tussled for a draw. 4600 of the 6K points were destroyed, and the Draw was in Marc's favor by about 100 points (750|650). Another complete game!

EXCELLENT DAY - A COMPLETE BLAST!
We should play 3K points more often.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am

It was nice to play Fantasy again, i miss playing !
I went into that last round as second place holder, the major loss screwed me up , and someone else getting a masscre in their last game screwed me even further Sad

1st game was vs a missile light Thorek list ! ( beautyfully painted dwarf army )
Only 2 units of quarrelers, Organ gun and Bolt Thrower for shooting. ! Iron Breakers, hammerers with king on shield bearers, long beards, warriors, Gyrocopter.
Storm banner messed him up for a couple of rounds. He deployed eveyrthing on one conner with a big marsh thing blocking so i couldnt bring my numbers to bear on him. My magic dominated, he just couldnt stop 15 poder dice of Skaven magic. We both rolled horribly in hand to hand, by sencer bearers and plaguemonks got stuck with unit of Iron breakers..strgth 3 VS 2+save = very few dead dwarves, i took them down to 3 left, but the bastards refused to break ! I shot/magicked all the hammerers but the King survived and he ate one of my Warlocks Sad.
I did managed to fry Thorek with one of the WarpLighting cannons Smile Minor victory..missed major by a few points Sad

2nd game was vs Marc Parker and the Dual thirster-Mask-LD bomb army of doom.
This game went my way about 90%, i rolled great..he rolled bad and made sevral mistakes. Storm Banner grounded the 2 Thirsters. He had NO dispell scrolls and few dispell dice, i magicked and shot the living crap out of him. Both Thirsters went down to strgth 10 WarpLighthing cannon shots and wiped out most of his units. He got points when he finally decided to bring the mask into combat and she chewed through a unit of clanrats and the warlord, i couldnt kill her..he made all his 3+ ward saves. Also his BSB in a jugger with a unit of hounds killed most of my Bell unit, broke it but i was able to rally on a 5 ! Stoopid Grey seer took 2 wounds at the same time from 2 tokens i used. Because of last minute gains in VPs from him i got a minor victory here.

3rd Game was vs Stephan and his gay WoC list.. GAY I TELL YOU !
List was to damn fast and hard to kill, God knows i tried, but my mojo ran out on my last game..i rolled pretty crappy here in several ocassions. I just didnt have any secured answer to Kholek, my biggest gun vs big nasty things..the warplighting cannons...are useless against him cause he is immune to ligthing, i had the Fell blade and the Brass orbs..the orb scattered 10 inches off into nothing, and i couldnt get a charge vs him to use the FellBlade Sad
The Bell worked great, it rang 3 times with the result that all cavalry units take a panic test...he failed a BUNCH..but the Will of Chaos saved him all the time on the rerrolls.
Kholek just folded my flank like it wasnt even there and the knights just ran all over my stuff, i failed to cast a BUNCH of warpligthings. At one point i had a unit linned up perfectly for a cannon shot..and Kholek overran 16 freaking inches into the cannon ! and the cannon ran off the board Sad
Major loss here ... i shouldve made his ass walk back home. .. Evil or Very Mad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 pm

awesome batrep for those of us that weren't there.
Glad to see at least one of you guys placed

Bill gave me a heads up and if I didn't have to drive nate to/from with my tank wasn't sitting on E (as it is right now in the driveway lol). We could have ran up there.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:07 pm

also i was not broke...your gas would not be a problem
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Dakai wrote:also i was not broke...your gas would not be a problem

Dont listen to Chris's lies nate, he was just to lazy to drive up there Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm

i mean to put if i no i...lol i will be up there next round
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Dakai wrote:also if i was not broke...your gas would not be a problem

Translated! Very Happy
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3