The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to start playing FOW

+5
TheLimey
scurrdi
Hurricane
Kyle
Garry
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Want to start playing FOW - Page 2 Empty Re: Want to start playing FOW

Post by TheLimey Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:45 am

I just used an Army green spray undercoat, and then heavily inked in black on a chunk of my vehicles, before going on to pick out details, and I'm happy with it. Still got to drybrush highlights yet...

However, I'll be going back to black undercoat and block painting for the infantry, followed by inks.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't get Joel? I thought he said everything was 20% off, and that we had to pay 2 bucks to play in his league? Secondly, he has a brand new player that just dropped a huge chunk of money and then he runs him off. He's been complaining about all that FoW product and no one buying it, now he has a brand new customer and then this happens. I just don't get it???
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Like I said Joel is losing his mind, and he didn't have big one to start with.

Or may be he wants to chase customers away so he be right.

Joel pissed me off recently and so I have finally given up on Joel, so no more guessing.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Well it is kinda of nice to see but sad that it was not me that brought that out. But it will not turn me off from learning and playing flames of war. I really like the ww2 time it brings me back when I was a kid playing with army men in a sand box but now there are rules and statagy not a hose and a flood of a snad box or tossing fircracker at each others army's. Ahhh what it is to grow up. I think I liked it back then more simple.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh it's not you Garry. I'm with Eric on this one - he wanted to move all that product, but he upsets all his cusomters (especially new ones he doesn't knoe well).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:06 am

Well then, now isn't this an interesting new turn of events...

Whenever you get those guys built up let us know! We'll show ya the ropes!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 pm

First the guy says he's not allowing armies that are not 50 % battlefront in tournaments. This is supposedly because his flames of war sales are down.

Joel's logic is a little flawed.. but let's just say that by banning non Battle front product in his store, people will buy more Battlefront product from him. ..

Then a new guy comes and he dupes him out of the 20% off that he gives to everyone else ?

Next time I see Joel I'm going to ask him about this one. The dude's just lost it. hes fucking gone nuts.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:57 am

The term your looking for is "Bait and switch".
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:21 am

20% off! Oh no hes buying a lot of stuff.... wait I didn't say 20%!
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:41 am

May be he got confused and thought he was buying 40K. Wink

Really I think Joel may a bad call, he probably thought he was going to buy a blister or two and when he realize the total sale, greed kick in.

I have seen this happen when I playing just about in every game I have played. All sudden a certain rule comes into effect incorrectly because the player wants a different outcome and my opponent swears he is correct.
Difference here is no rule book that could be produce showing Joel's error in statement.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 am

The funny thing about this whole situation is that he was missing about $300 worth of other FOW product that I wanted and was going to order from him. He knew this too because I was going over the list with him when we were pulling the product off the shelfs and he was missing a lot of what I was asking for and he told me he could order it and I got his e-mail address to send him the list. When all was said and done he would have made about $700 to $800 from me of FOW product. This is not including other books and templates and so forth that I would have got from him for the game. Now I looking for a local vendor or I will order from on line or Scifi in Orlando when I go up there every 4 weeks. His lose.....if one of his vendor pulled that crap on him what would he do....
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Garry, I believe it was a combination of being disorganize (he has different discounts for different stock, for different people and it changes constantly), stubborn, paranoid (he probably thought you were trying to rip him off), greed and believeing he was right.

The perfect storm (cluster fuck in Joel's case).

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Well that makes sense but if he really wants to stay alive in todays busness he needs to stand behind what he says and if he is getting up there in years then make some notes. I do not know many busness that can turn away money. But this really is a dead issue I will find other places to shop and other place to play FOW. I play my warhammer and 40K at Tates and RTT's. The place that everyone has been talking about down in Miami that is starting to have room for board games is about a 40 minute drive from the house.

Durning the winter I have hosted some games at the house I have a pool table out back on the porch that can be covered with a 4by8 plywood. Not to mention a kegerator for those that are of age to drink so there is cold beer on tap. I am less then 5 minutes from the turnpike hollywood exit.

Not that great to play out there in the summer but the winter just perfect....
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2