The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th

3 posters

Go down

Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th Empty Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:13 pm

At the extreme opposite of minature gaming is the Herald Hunt, where an entire section of our great city is turned into a giant puzzle.

Yvonne and I run this almost every year, and while we never win it is extremely fun. I highly recommend it.
You can read up on past hunts here:

http://www.tropichunt.com/

If anyone wants to team up, give me a shout.

Press release follows:

Start Making Your List and Checking it Twice:
The Holiday Season Gets Off to a Zany Start with Herald Hunt 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MIAMI, FL - The Miami Herald's annual event, the Herald Hunt, presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, rings in South Florida's holiday season on Sunday, November 29 at 12 noon. The Hunt's headquarters will be at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, with the Main Stage in front of the Miami Herald building located on NE 14 Street and Herald Plaza in downtown Miami. This year's event features a holiday theme, with Dave Barry sure to be the season's most merrymaking elf.

One of South Florida's favorite events since its inception in 1984, the Herald Hunt is a unique urban adventure in which, over the course of one memorable afternoon, players attempt to solve a series of bizarre clues. The cost of admission? The Sunday, November 29 edition of The Miami Herald, featuring the essential Herald Hunt section, the "roadmap" to The Hunt.

The first team to finish the Herald Hunt wins a 7-night Caribbean cruise for four on Costa Cruise Lines. But, as most seasoned Hunters know, you don't go for the prize; you go for the thrill of actually solving the puzzles. The "ah ha!" moment of coming up with the solution will knock your flip-flops off.

With the event capping off the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, South Floridians will find The Hunt to be the perfect way to escape the insanity of the shopping malls and enjoy some family-friendly entertainment. "The Herald Hunt is unique," says Elaine Pasekoff, Hunt Mistress extraordinaire and Miami Herald Marketing Manager. "It's weird, wacky, frustrating, non-stop fun. Now in its 19th year, The Hunt has achieved cult status."

"For the second year in a row, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts is excited to welcome over 5,000 clue hunters from around South Florida and beyond to roam through our beautiful Knight Concert Hall and lobbies for what is a unique South Florida tradition," said Andrew Goldberg, Vice President, Marketing, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County.

The geniuses behind The Hunt are, as always, Dave Barry, The Miami Herald's Pulitzer Prize-winning, nationally syndicated humor columnist and best-selling author; and Tom Shroder, formerly executive editor of The Miami Herald's Sunday magazine, Tropic, and The Washington Post Sunday magazine.

Together, Barry and Shroder have created and fostered an event that has become famous not just in Florida, but across the nation. They spend months conjuring up devious clues that inevitably confound players, some of whom fly in from all over the country just for the occasion.

Media interviews with Dave Barry will be available on a limited basis the week before The Herald Hunt, starting on November 23. For more information about The Herald Hunt, please visit www.HeraldHunt.com.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th Empty Re: Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th

Post by scurrdi Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 pm

This looks pretty awesome, I just suck at puzzles. Very Happy

Also, I'll be out of town. Shame, cause my fiance might actually have enjoyed this.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm

We kicked ass this year! Had all 5 starter puzzles correctly solved, figured out the final clue in about 2 minutes, sprinted to the correct location, and we quickly were consumed by a fast gathering mob. I guess it was a bit too easy this year, because it seems everyone else kicked ass too!

I was pushing my way to the writing on the ground when they announced they had winners.

Hunting with Dave Barry and Tom Schroder

Hearld Hunt - Sunday November 29th Herald10
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 pm

I reckonm we were a minute ahead of you. We had dialed a couple of times but ended up getting an enaged tone.

Now, last year was different. We had a team from the boardgamers at Joel's, and came in second......
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:41 pm

2008 was rediculously hard, so I think 2009 they over adjusted.

We discussed those 4 feet on the map early in the day. Should have stopped by and looked around that spot way before final clue time.

Til next year!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down