The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome.

+4
ShadowMaster
Dan
Joshwow1
Vycem
8 posters

Go down

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Empty Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome.

Post by Vycem Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 pm

So I started work on my Dark Eldar. I'm still tweaking the paint scheme, and while I could go on forever trying to perfect this one dude, I figured I'd finish him off, get feedback, then move on to trooper #2 (out of...way too many). Anyway, the original inspiration is this:

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Dark-e10

Without further ado, the first trooper:

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Deprot10

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Deprot12

Comments? Suggestions? And how do I get static grass to look neater/stand up more?

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Empty Re: Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome.

Post by Joshwow1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 am

Looks great to me man! Good stuff. I would give you suggestions but I uhhh....don't enjoy the painting part of the hobby :p.

Also by any chance did you ever find that last scout?

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome. Empty Re: Dark Eldar prototype, suggestions/advice welcome.

Post by Dan Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 am

He looks tough. Nice job.

Sorry I've never used static grass, so can't help you there.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 am

Lookin' good.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 am

I like it, it looks good
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks guys, just doing what I can to make DE look less like spikey Smurfs (and I don't mean Space Marines)... still need to tweak some things.

Also, if anyone knows of a recipe for very pale skin, do share!

Joshwow1: wait, what scout are we talking about?

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:12 pm

appleberrel makes tones of shades of pale.i have one thats called skintone and its about exact so dig around walmart next time ur there.also in the pic it looks like a skinny vennom cannon with a butt
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 am

I used figures from early version of Confrontation to supplement or replace the GW Dark Eldar.
Might still be available, ask Joel.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm

very cool. nice to see some dark eldar

skin: tallarn flesh> elf flesh > very litle white
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Don't worry Jerry, I do have some non-GW stuff in the army, this is just the first grunt.

Thanks for the recipe Chris! I'll have to give it a shot next.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I was the guy who bought the scouts from you, you handed me 4 and couldn't find the 5th one . Not a big deal if you can't find it, but if you happen to know where it is I would like it, just to have full 5 man scout squads :p

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 am

Yo, dude, are you SURE it was me? My name is Endre, I've been playing mostly Necrons, and I've never had space marines save for a tactical squad I bought off some guy here about two years ago. The only PM I have from you in my inbox is regarding a Space Wolves apocalypse list from last game, the one you keep changing your mind about a few times. I've done a few sales here on BTown, but no scouts.

In fact, the only thing I've sold to BTowners are citadel woods, a chaos marine strike force, and some old game books.

Just want to make sure you're thinking of the right person.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down