The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark eldar list

+2
The Eldar Guy
zephel
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dark eldar list  Empty Dark eldar list

Post by zephel Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 am

1000 points
HQ
Archon w. combat drugs, agonizer, blaster 135pts

Elites
4x incubi w/ nightshield venom 88+65 pts

Troops
2x 10 man kabalite warrior w/ splintercannon in raider w/ nightshields and splinter rack 100+80 pts (360 total pts)
2x 10 man wyches w/ haywire grenades in raider w/ nightshields 120 + 70 (380 total pts)

Hq archon w/ combat drugs, agonizer, blaster, and shadow field 165 points

elites
4x incubi w/ nightshield venom 88+65 pts
2x 4man truborn kabalite all with blasters in one raider with nightshields 108+108+ 70

troops
2x 10 man kabalite warrior w/ splintercannon and in raider w/ nightshields and splinter rack 115+80 pts (360 total pts)
2x 10 man wyches w/ haywire grenades in raider w/ nightshields 120 + 70 (380 total pts)

Heavy
voidbomber w/ night shield 155 points

comments? this is my frist try at making Dark eldar lists
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar list  Empty Re: Dark eldar list

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:11 am

I'd drop nightshields in favor of flicker fields. I'll have more time to comment later.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 am

It's the same list over and over. Slight variations, but the same thing generally.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

5TH requires that paradigm though. Have to have enough troops to claim and DE has two options (three with wracks). After that you need anti-tank. Then with what's left you can take one or two personal items like Incubi. I personally hate the troops scoring thing.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Yeah, but no one plays anything else even remotely different. 3x trueborns, warriors, ravagers, blasters to taste. Andrew mixes it up a little with Grotesques which are pretty bitching..... if I ever got the urge to do DE I'd probably go with Grotesques spam.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:28 pm

wait, these list are generic?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:17 pm

yup
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 pm

ok screw it, i'm making a wych and bloodbride list lol. hate playing generic stuff. like eldar mech spam that you and chris use (sorry =/ )
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:48 pm

I think a lot of codexes boil down to one or two lists (old codexes more often) and you have to initially like the 'cookie cutter' build of that particular army.

I wouldnt' say the list you posted is too generic. For instance you use incubi, have full warrior squads with no blasters, are using nightshields, and have a regular archon. None of those things are taken that way in a cookie cutter list.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincilla767 Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 pm

your list making is weird O.o you have little anti-tank and you anti-inf is ok and no flicker fields? whats up with that? you dont like 4+ inv
Quincilla767
Quincilla767
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 111
Armies : Tau, Daemon hunters, Dark Elves
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:29 am

Quincilla767 wrote:your list making is weird O.o you have little anti-tank and you anti-inf is ok and no flicker fields? whats up with that? you dont like 4+ inv
it's a 5+. and i've played with harliquinns enough to know how often that 5+ comes in. and how is this little AT? every raider has a chance of at least making a vehicle useless, the wyches have a 18-24 inch charge so the haywire grenades will do wonders, and the gun boat i made with the true born is so that it could be a big danger target to who i'm playing against but also have the ability to target three different things, most likely vehicles while the archon+ incubi squad and warrior squad is there to clean up any troop that survives coming out of a transport or too take out threats like MCs and the such.

and yea i see what you mean chris. and also i never really played dark eldar before, so i understand that the staying power is pretty damn crappy so first turn (or at least the first to land the attacks case being if the other person is playing reserves or not) seems to be where its at. But Idk, i'ma work on a wych cult list and see how it looks.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 am

Do you have two trueborn squads in one raider? Anyway, all wych list should be fine. Just pray your first turn of shooting does well.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 am

yes i do
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:51 am

Ohh, too bad. Can only have one unit in there, sorry. I did the same for the longest time with nobs and boys in one battlewagon.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 am

zephel wrote:ok screw it, i'm making a wych and bloodbride list lol. hate playing generic stuff. like eldar mech spam that you and chris use (sorry =/ )
But there are enough differences between our lists that makes the way they play completely different. I'm more aggressive with my list because of its mobility everywhere. Chris's is more defensive in nature because of its lack of mobility in certain areas. I don't rely at all on psychic powers, Chris uses them like candy on Easter. Just a few examples. Don't let the hulls fool you, the lists are NOT the same.

The odd thing I find about blood brides and wyches, is that they rape big nasty targets (especially MC) but, they falter against regular troops and hordes specifically. So if you're building a list with those units in mind, fill in those gaps first. Anti tank is available in every slot, so don't worry too much about at.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:36 am

jspyd3rx wrote:Ohh, too bad. Can only have one unit in there, sorry. I did the same for the longest time with nobs and boys in one battlewagon.
wait what? where does it say you can't take more then one squad in a transport? i thought as long as there was space they could join?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am

hmmm, what does dark eldar have that's anti troop? I know they aren't too much about blast plates. what about scourges? orr reavers and their fly by-chop-your-head-off move.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:31 pm

There are plenty of options, the easiest being splinter rifles/cannons. When I say they have issues with regular troops, I lean they have problems with power armor and large amounts of anything else. Low strength means you want lots of poison weapons or pain tokens to up your strength on the charge. Otherwise they won't have enough leverage to take them over the hump in cc. Lack of lots of power weapons hurts wyches that way. I keep going back to my kroot (all 34) of them being charged by a full wych squad and failing to cause enough wounds to break them. I hit back on 4's wound on 3's .... granted dice will always affect an outcome, but it was embarrassing for cc troops to get beat up by kroot. So try to make the army a real bruiser, and send in wyches for clean up. Blood brides at nasty things ( termys, MC, heck even dreads with haywire.)
So the beginning of the list would probably look something like this:
Duke- for combat drugs
3x homonculus with venom blades for each of the blood brides.

3x bloodbrides with equipment shennanigans in a raider.

Fill out the rest.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:08 pm

what about lilith?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:20 pm

What about her?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Some of the advice is good, though by all means play what you want. Lillith is a beast with bloodbrides and multiple shardnets. She also has a great save. Just remember, that there is no mandatory kist to play or be competitive. For all your hard work, the dice can turn on you and no one is guaranteed to win.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm

I wouldn't call lilith a beast. She's a pimped out blood bride. There are better options obviously. Duke isn't great either, but in an army full of combat drugs I figured he'd want to manipulate the result as best as possible. I'm a Urien fan myself even though he's pricey. He does help with a pain token abuse army if you want to go that route.

Very true about dice, but you also build armies knowing that dice will betray you. You just want them to betray you less than the other guy. Thus the number crunching we all learned to love.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Duke and Lilith list would be nice. Though with the dark eldar book, there are no really bad choices. The only waste are mandrakes and their special character. The book is easily able to build on a theme and still be competitive.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:I think a lot of codexes boil down to one or two lists (old codexes more often) and you have to initially like the 'cookie cutter' build of that particular army.

I wouldnt' say the list you posted is too generic. For instance you use incubi, have full warrior squads with no blasters, are using nightshields, and have a regular archon. None of those things are taken that way in a cookie cutter list.

I'd have to agree.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:46 pm

After filling slots with tanks and whatnot, I like the look of scourges with haywire blasters (2 per 5). Reliable way to shake some tanks.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down