The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company

+3
Motormanmpd
jerryb
rokassan
7 posters

Go down

101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company Empty 101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Rufus and I played a 2500 point game. Cauldron. In the end Rufus didnt have enough Infantry. I had 3 full strength Parachute Rifle Platoons with 30 cal's and bazooka's attached,a Brit rifle platoon a 25 pounder and 5.5 inch artillery battery,81mm mortars and a Cromwell platoon w/ a Challenger. Rufus had a single grenadier platoon, an understrength armored scout platoon,a 2 gun stug platoon 3 King Tiger platoons and a Panther platoon(3). He had a total of 4 Tigers. I simply had too much quality infantry. Almost all of his tanks were lost to assaulting infantry. Rufus' King Tiger company is more of a gimmick than a serious build. i believe Rufus went straight to Joels to bolster his infantry. A full 7 unit armored scout platoon and some artillery if I recall. Dont let big tanks fool you. They arent all powerful. Rufus's Brit rifle company is well balanced and tough as nails.

Last edited by rokassan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company Empty Re: 101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 pm

That is one of the biggest misconception's in FOW is that infantry is worthless. The reality is infantry is one of the most powerful armies, but you have to play them correctly, it's not easy.

I saw one game where Will role right pass the uber King Tigers and wipe out the rest of the Germany army. Don had to roll morale and lost and Will also won on taking objectives.

I love bazooka's, right up the ass into a tank and at least you will make them bail, then assault the tank, gone. That's just one of many bazooka tactics.

My all time favorite weapon is the .50 cal's, they can handle everything infantry, aircraft, and light armor.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company Empty Re: 101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Will is a good player...Don,well Don is a good guy but I wouldnt want him to lead my armies. Having no artillery didnt help Rufus either. I had a 25 pounder,a 5.5 inch and 81mm mortars. I lacked armor...but who cares. If I had fielded an Armor company Rufus would have eaten me for breakfast.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

101st Airborn/Brit Guards VS. King Tiger Company Empty Brits vs. Germans

Post by Motormanmpd Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Why don't you tell about the last game we played..................Bill?

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Bill already got 10.5 CM guns put together.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Come out to play in the tournament on April 24th!!!

You too Bill!! Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Motormanmpd wrote:Why don't you tell about the last game we played..................Bill?
Sorry Rufus. Rufus broke my Grenadier company in the previous game. What was the mission? He used his Brits and a U.S. Paratrooper platoon. He held the objective and all I had was my Panther Platoon left ...minus one Panther(he killed it). If you want details ask Rufus. Joseph Geobels personally ordered me to shut the fuck up.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 pm

I notice bill doesn't put a lot of details on losing encounters.....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Who does? I leave that to the victor. Have you posted a 4 page dissertation on a game that you got spanked in or even a close game youve lost...I didnt think so. Why dont you come by with Rufus sometime and play. Then you can post your victory. Exclamation
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm

I can't wake up! You married guys with kids aren't ALLOWED to sleep in like I do. Lemme enjoy my single w/o kids status while it lasts!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:32 pm

You can sacrifice on occasion to play with your friends. Dont be selfish and lazy.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:28 pm

As a soviet player, i can assure you that infantry is NOT worthless. You just need lots of them and not worry when you loose 10 stands a turn.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Luis, sorry bro, I don't agree. You don't need Russian size companies to win with infantry. You DO have to play them correctly based on their strengths.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Yea, you need shit tons of terrain Razz
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Any size infantry is good infantry IMHO.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 am

Kyle, I don't think I have ever seen an desolate FOW board, so that would not be a problem.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 am

luis the young wrote:As a soviet player, i can assure you that infantry is NOT worthless. You just need lots of them and not worry when you loose 10 stands a turn.

Not all of the army's get 27 stands per platoon my friend. Anyhow Russian monkey's are getting hit on a 2+.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 am

The Peasant canibal army shall feed well on German-Italian-Brit flesh. Bring them all ! we gots strong stomachs !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:38 am

I've seen some desolate boards, but those were mostly like desert sections, etc.

Yes, the Russians are rough, but getting on a 2+ is also rough.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 pm

jerryb wrote:Kyle, I don't think I have ever seen an desolate FOW board, so that would not be a problem.

JerryB

Desert set ones usually are and fluff wise, yes they are death traps for infantry hence Aftican front being heavily tank focused. As with any game the amount of terrain usage will vary on players, scenarios, etc. Infantry due to their speed and such depend on having good terrain to balance out against vehicles. It is at least nice that they included rules in the game to allow infantry to basically dig in anywhere they are, though of course it hampers their moves. The game is good at promoting mixed arms.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Rufus and I are doing a 2500 point battle on Wednesday in the morning at my place. My Grenadiers vs. his Brits. Ill post the results.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down