The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soviet victory on the Easter Front

2 posters

Go down

Soviet victory on the Easter Front Empty Soviet victory on the Easter Front

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 am

Fresh from their stay at the Siberian recreation camps, the 5th Guard tank army returned and assaulted the village that weeks before had been lost to a surprise German paratrooper assault. Soviet high comman decided to test their new IS-2 heavy tank model on the battle, intelligence had discovered that a Tiger Tank ace was camped in the village supporting the german forces. The Soviet assaulting force consisted of Nine T-34s, 4 of them were the latest T-34/85 model, a company of light T-70 tanks, a full Tank rider company, 3 IS-2 Guard Heavy tanks and air support. Facing the soviet forces were a platoon of stugs, an artillery battery, 2 AA guns, 3 units of german paratroopers and the Tiger ace tank ( eric rolled and got a 6, then got +1 to skills/motivation )

The battle began with the Soviet forces advancing on the left flank with the IS-2s and T-34s, the T-70s were sent on a long drive to assault the village from the rear and take the objective ( reserves ) the Tank Rider company slowly moved through the woods closing in on an entrenched german platoon. Airforce came in for an air strike, but the german air defences were to high and the plane was shot down.
The German forces stayed in their fox holes, but with a might boom, the Tiger tank shot at the advancing T-34s, but the speed of the russian tanks made the Tiger miss, Tiger then moved to the safety of the woods to find cover, artillery opened fire on the T-34s and the Bombardment took one tank out, but the other 8 moved foward.

The IS-2s and T-34s adavnced on the entrenched germans and opened fire with all their machineguns, the hail of fire was so fierce that even the elite paratroopers became pinned. On the right flank the Infantry advanced on the other german platoon, the germans had given away their position by firing on the advancing tanks, with a hail of bullets the two Maksim heavy amchine guns opened fire on the now visible germans and along with the infantry fire support, were able to pinned them in place. With a roar of their mighty engines, the IS-2s assaulted the german infantry but were unable to score any kills, the germans launched a counter assault but were unable to penetrate the mighty armor, the IS-2s prudently withdrew from the figtht. On the right flank the brave tank riders launched an assault of their own, loses from defensive fire were very light, as barely any hits were scored and only 2 loses were taken, the soviet assault was fierce and 2 german groups were taken out, the germans took out 3 soviet groups in their counter charge, the courage of the tank riders started to waver, but with encouragement from the kimmisar ( shot a guy down ) they launched their assault again and this time inflicted hevy losses on the germans taking out 4 of their groups, the germans couldnt hold and were taken out of the battle. The soviets were now left facing 2 entrenched heavy machinegun positions. The airfoce showed up again and this time was able to weather the AA fire and take out a gun fromt he artillery battery.
The germans tried to rally their forces but were unable to and stayed hiding in their foxholes, the Tiger tank fired 2 shots at the advancing T-34/85s but scored no hits, the heavy machineguns fired on the infantry inflictign 3 casualties, artilelry fire was uneventful. A german infantry platoon moved on the objective and dug in to defend it.

This is gettign way to long, lol, i always get a bit to involved in teh battle reports. To make it short, Eric couldnt roll to save his life, he was missign rolls left and right, I on the other hand was gold with my dice, my reins came in on turn 4 and 10 T-70s assaulted the infantry holdign the objective and took them out, the Tiger tank killed ONE tank in the whole battle, he missid so many times that he must have been crossedeye or something, Eric's infantry just crumbled, ive never seen them perform so bad, while mine acautlly survived untill his stugs came on their side and shot them to death, the IS-2s were very impressive, they didnt do much either, just took out 2 artillery guns, Eric tried to contest the objective with the Stugs, but messed up the deployment giving me a bunch of nice side and rear shots with my T-70s, he had one stug left at the end, my T-34/85s were finally able to take out his Tiger and that was that, he failed company morale roll and fled away leaving the victorious russian army in posession of a ruined-burned out village... YAY !

Was a fun game and a perfect example of how bad dice rolling can screw you up, no matter what you do ! The german propaganda machine convenintly forgot to take pictures of the smoking wreck that was their forces Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Soviet victory on the Easter Front Empty Re: Soviet victory on the Easter Front

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:47 am

Sounds like a great game ! Good report Luis.

You're making me salivate when I think of the Soviet Tank Company I'm building.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:00 am

Ovich wrote:Sounds like a great game ! Good report Luis.

You're making me salivate when I think of the Soviet Tank Company I'm building.

Thanxs !

Think numbers man, think numbers ! remember, the quality of quantity, and espect to suffer heavy losses in evry game !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down