The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flames of War for this year

5 posters

Go down

Flames of War for this year Empty Flames of War for this year

Post by TheLimey Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 am

Great article up from Jean-Paul about what's planned for this year in FOW.

The full thing can be found here, but here's some snippets:

1). Early War - First book comes out in August with a 180 page book covering Poland and France. 25 different companies in the book. Africa will be covered next year, then Russia. There will be new models to go with it, and each of the 4 nations will have an infantry and a tank company box released (like the old Army boxes) which will be stand alone at 1500 points.

2) late War - Dogs and Devils (Anzio breakout) is already well on the way. Following in November is a Budapest book. Then in March 2011 there will be another LW Italy book, then a break over the Summer until we get to the Bulge in September/October next year.

3). Mid War - Nothing new this year, but the Desert will get a big boost in Summer 2011 when a campaign pack and other goodies will be released. The campaign set will work with both Early and Mid War.

Finally, the Pacific is still being talked about, but nothing will even be talked about until after 2011.

Oh, and there's a limited edition boardgame of the Market/Garden operation coming.... (This is NOT the same as the Firestorm Market Garden set...)
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Flames of War for this year Empty Re: Flames of War for this year

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 pm

It would interesting if BattleFront (FOW) would come out with their version of Axis & Allies or bought out the company and integrated into the FOW system.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Wizards has a pretty tight hold on A&A franchise really. But WWII is public domain anyways so they could probably do something decent. Though their "boardgame" version of the Firestorm campaign was pretty lame and slapped on.

Course there are countless WWII set board games, really got to work hard to set yourself apart. The old classic Market Garden board game is a favorite amongst the hardcore historical players, and you got critically acclaimed stuff like the current Conflict of Heroes which has brought ASL into a more mainstream type of ruleset.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Ive decided to continue work on my Italians and to finish them. With the revamp of Midwar I had to reorganize my Bersaglieri. Im gonnna concentrate on them til their done(Im almost done anyhow) and then go back to my Late War Krauts and U.S. Para's. Ive been all over the place in terms of painting. I finished two Brixia teams for my demolishers and Im working on 6 HMG teams,4 65mm mountain guns and then Ill finish up my m-14's and other shit.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:09 am

My Mid War Italians are finished except for a new mortar squad that I just bought. Although I do want to get another Elefantino squad. I also have to paint my Machi squadron.

I really hope that if they do some more Late war Italy stuff that they make an official Allied Italian list including Paratroopers. Not just the watered down , outdated list they have now. Late war Italy should have both allied and axis Italian forces.

They should make a new motivation list for late war Italians based on terrain. In most situations you are reluctant, trained. But if you are defending either a Bakery, a Bordello, or a Vineyard, then you are rated Fearless Veteran, with motivation tests on a 2+. That's the "Vita Dolce" special rule.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am

Board game release details are pretty lame. It's simply the Firestorm set, minus the rules for use with Flames of War and nothing more. Firestorm comes with both sets of rules.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down