The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun

3 posters

Go down

Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun Empty Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

Photobucket
Following the success of assault guns on the World War II Eastern Front, the Hungarians developed their own model, based on the chassis of the Turán tank. There were two designs, the 44M Zrínyi I, incorporated a long 43M 75mm gun, but it did not pass the prototype stage. The 40/43M Zrínyi II was armed with a 40M 105mm L/20 howitzer.

The Zrínyi II design was a traditional infantry support vehicle. The Zrínyi I was hoped to fulfill an anti-tank role.

Between 40 and 66 units were produced between August 1943 and July 1944.
[edit] Specifications

Manufacturer: Manfred Weiss
Crew: 4 men
Weight: 21.6 tons
Length: 5.68 m
Width: 2.99 m
Height: 2.33 m
Engine: Manfred Weiss, V8 (260 hp)
Maximum speed: 43 km/h (road)
Range: 220 km (road)
Main armament: 105 Obuseiro MÁVAG 40/43M of mm/L20,5
Secondary armament: Machine gun Danuvia 34/40 of 8 mm
Ammunition: 42 projectiles of 105 mm
Armor thickness: 13 mm - 75 mm
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun Empty Re: Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

Now Ive noticed Battlefront likes to neglect certain countries as far as equipment. The Italians and other Axis partners. I hope this vehicle will appear in the Siege of Budapest campaign book when its released. Between 40 and 66 of these machines were produced and saw combat between August 1943 and the end of the war. Why isnt it in the Midwar East front book.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun Empty Re: Hungarian designed and built Assault Gun

Post by TheLimey Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm

This will be in Budapest. Wayne at Battlefront NZ has a test army involving them.

It's likely to be in a PDF for Mid East at some point
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:18 pm

They have models for other more obscure vehicles. I would be surprised if they don't make that one.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Thats my point. The German Diana's. I believe only a handful were ever produced. Even Midwar monsters. They didnt include the Semovente 105's for Italy.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down