The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of Cedar Creek open historical game May 8th

Go down

Battle of Cedar Creek open historical game May 8th Empty Battle of Cedar Creek open historical game May 8th

Post by Vycem Thu May 06, 2010 11:29 pm

The historical gaming group will be at Sunshine this Saturday, anyone and everyone is free to come play, armies provided so no cost.

Details:

BATTLE OF CEDAR CREEK
Little Phil’s Ride
October 19, 1864

The game will begin at 10:00AM on May 8th, 2010. Please advise if you plan to attend and/or assist. The game can accomodate up to eight players. I will bring the terrain and figures with me to the office on Friday, May 7th in order to begin the set up process. I usually leave around 4:30P so I will begin the set up process around 5:00P if any care to help out.

In the fall of 1864 Grant issued orders to Phil Sheridan to remove his cavalry elements from the Richmond and Petersburg campaigns and form the with three corps of infantry for an extended campaign in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. This area was known as the breadbasket of the Confederacy. . In mid October, the Army of the Shenendoah was encamped near Middletown, VA. The supremely confident Sheridan was spending the night in Winchester after his return from a visit to Washington. Jubal Early and John B. Gordon had devised a daring scheme of attack on this exposed right flank. The infantry under Early would perform a daring night march over the footpaths and through the brush on the US Left. On the morning of October 19, 1864 his troops were in position to give 8th Corps an unpleasant surprise. Just before dawn broke on a somewhat foggy morning, the approximately 18,000 men of Early’s Army struck a devastating blow to The Army of the Shenandoah.

COME AND JOIN US AS WE RE-FIGHT THE LARGEST BATTLE FOUGHT IN THE SHENNANDOAH VALLEY DURING THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR.

Feel free to advise Bill if you would like to assist or play, or just show up!.\

www.soflgamers.org
ACWBill@aol.com

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down