The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Historical Dissolved!

+2
Frantic
Vycem
6 posters

Go down

Warhammer Historical Dissolved! Empty Warhammer Historical Dissolved!

Post by Vycem Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 pm

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1b9a3471743e02602e5bb962a2f7e677/compdetails

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/11/10/40843

That sucks! While I wasn't crazy about Warhammer Historical, I did like Legends of the High Seas and really wanted to pick up Legends of the Old West. Joel still has a copy of Legends of the High Seas at his store I think, if he does now is the time to pick it up!

Sadness....

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Historical Dissolved! Empty Re: Warhammer Historical Dissolved!

Post by Frantic Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Damn! that really sucks.... I was looking forward to another book for legends of the high seas Sad
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Wow... that is really awful!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:20 pm

are this the same people that made Warhammer Ancients ?

I bought the book and never found anyone to play it with that wanted to make the investment with me in buying mnis for it. Sad
I used to play it years ago.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Yup, they do Warhammer Ancient Battles. It's sad because ver.2.0 came out last year. Though it sucked because for the last year or so you could only get their books directly from them, a la Forgeworld, so it was expensive as hell, since their book was about $50 + 15% shipping.

If you really want to try ancients, you may want to look into Field of Glory. Amazon sells the core rulebook for $25 (so you get the free shipping), and there are about 8 army list books chock full of different armies to play (each army is a theme/period). Army books sell for about $15 - $20 on Amazon, so it's a MUCH cheaper game to get into. And very user friendly - aside from high production values, the army lists actually give you core sample armies to get started, so if you don't know what would make a decent force, it gives you a good example.

Not only that, but the basing is in stands, so instead of the WAB/Warhammer standard of individual basing and movement trays, you base about four figs (2-3 cavalry) in one base and don't need movement trays, which make it even cheaper.

On TOP of that, Warlord Games and Wargames Factory both sell plastic Romans (and Gauls!) which makes FoG gaming even cheaper. Hell, Warlord Games has a ready made Field of Glory army deal.

Let me know if you want to get into Ancients. I actually have the Field of Glory Rulebook and an army that I need to put together - Merovingian Franks (since they're my favorite Dark Ages people, plus I figured if anyone else got into it they'd probably go Roman!). While I'm still assembling my Warhammer Fantasy, I'll gladly refocus on Ancients if it picks up. I'm doing the standard army list from the book, so if you find an army that you like and put it together according to your starting list, we'll both have balanced armies against each other, great way to learn.

Also let me know if you want me to drop by the store some time with the rules so you can skim them. They're a VERY popular Ancients ruleset that was designed to play well with pick up games and tournaments, which a lot of historical games neglect in favor of the "convention multiplayer scenario" approach. Plus the rules are miles ahead of the DBx sets in term of production values since they're made in association of Osprey.

Ok, enough of that. I posted it publicly in case anyone else wants to do Ancients, heh.

luis the young wrote:are this the same people that made Warhammer Ancients ?

I bought the book and never found anyone to play it with that wanted to make the investment with me in buying mnis for it. Sad
I used to play it years ago.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Vycem, I suggest you get two armies and then post to see if anyone is willing to give a try.

This coming from guy who likes playing games no one plays.

Ogre anyone.

GW sucks, here's more proof.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 pm

GW sucks. They discontinue products that don't sell to anyone besides Jerry.

NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down