The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

101st Airborne Flounder Against Panzerspäh Forces

2 posters

Go down

101st Airborne Flounder Against Panzerspäh Forces Empty 101st Airborne Flounder Against Panzerspäh Forces

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 am

Warbird and I (correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm always bad assigning faces to names on the forum) played a 1500 LW match.

The mission was Encounter; additionally, Panzerspäh forces were the attacker (for purposes of mobile battle, etc.).

Reserves were delayed and scattered forcing my Panzerspäh to deploy with just a 10.5cm battery and 8-rads on the table against a lot of infantry and mortars.

It was a glorious victory for the Fatherland! Panzerspäh forces carefully danced through enemy small arms fire in order to guide artillery and Luftwaffe ground attack aircraft home against American forces. Once the Panzer II's and assault guns came in from Reserves they were able to make the final breakthrough to the objective hot on the heels of fleeing Americans.

My Aircraft was amazing. Sporadic Hs-129B aircraft came in 4/6 turns (couldn't show up the first, didn't show up the last). Casualties on my side included a single 10.5cm gun and a repeatedly bailed 8-rad that was too stubborn to blow up, leave or re-mount.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

101st Airborne Flounder Against Panzerspäh Forces Empty Re: 101st Airborne Flounder Against Panzerspäh Forces

Post by scurrdi Fri May 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Sounds like he tried to advance rather then digging in.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down