The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dawn remake

+7
Ovich
ShadowMaster
Garm
Kyle
jspyd3rx
luis the young
rokassan
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Red Dawn remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Dawn remake

Post by NidVader Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Cant wait for M. Night Shamalamadingdongs version of The Last Air Bender. AND the preview looks sweet.

NidVader
Neophyte

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:28 pm

A-Team will suck...

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:39 pm

NidVader wrote:Cant wait for M. Night Shamalamadingdongs version of The Last Air Bender. AND the preview looks sweet.

This does look cool
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:40 pm

I don't know what people think A-Team is. The original TV show was a very stupid and silly series, I don't expect Shakespear or Oscar material from a movie. Like seriously what did you expect from a GI Joe movie?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Hey... didn't GI Joe suck too?

I expect A-Team to go away into the obscurity it deserves. And for the entrainment industry to come up with meaningful content that doesn't suck.

I think America keeps lowering the bar.

Junk food is not good, poor quality is not good, cheap is not good.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 pm

GI Joe was pretty much akin to what it was, a bunch of toys an a cheesy 80's cartoon series. If anything it was too close to the original cartoon, but in live action format. How good do you think they could have made it while staying true to its roots? Hasbro would have never accepted a serious adult film to be made from their toy franchise.

Junk food is good, being irresponsible with junk consumption is not good.

And really America lowering the bar for movies? Watch some of the tv and movies in other countries, it really is no better. America makes the same crap others do, but with higher production values.

It's not an American thing, it's the general casual consumer that exists everywhere.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 pm

First, I would never have made GI JOE into a movie or cartoon.

Junk food is never good, like smoking is never good, but we do it anyhow. I trying to stop and have reduce considerable but I still need lots of improvement.

The decline in America is measurable, this is not by my misguided opinion. The standard of living, wages, savings, education and numerous other statistics reveal the rapid downward trend.

America still makes good movies. One of the last exports of quality we still have a grip on. But more and more of the really good movies are coming from independent movie makers. Due mostly because the major studio's both don't know how and are not willing to take chances.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:55 pm

No GI Joe cartoon? Don't fuck with my childhood!

Most studios aren't taking chances on these "good movies" because they aren't going to make money on them. Average casual movie going public doesn't want to see most of these independent films. Even with a huge investment and marketing, the movie is likely to not be successful as a Dark Knight of Avatar.

A cheesebuger every once in a while is not going to kill you, give me a break.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:16 pm

You need to watch "Food Inc" and "Super Size Me", two really good independent movies. See we still make good movies!

No comment on my statement about America's measurable decline?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Super Size Me is a good look at whats wrong with the American food source

ie: Large Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Coolata has 2 THOUSAND calories and 180 grams of sugar. It should come with a fucking health warning - My stop your heart.

Junk Food is BAD Kyle. People just don't realize what kind of SHIT they stick in their pie hole everyday. We spend less on food than 30 years ago, but 10x on medical costs.

Too many Americans are out of shape cardiac arrests waiting to happen. They have no self control and they are to blame.

On that note - I'm about to re-up my Bally's for the year. If any of you are ready to get change your lifestyles and pop the lousy $240 for an 1 year membership, I'll offer to give you all the free training you want.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

I've seen those both, thought they were pretty stupid movies really. All they do is show how stupid people are with no self control. Seriously it's all fucking common sense, but hey let's blame the industry for the consumer being stupid sheep!

I don't really have anything to do with the decline of America as it does not pertain to what was being discussed. Sorry but theres no correlation between the A Team and your thesis topic.

All I can say, is I am glad to be American:
Red Dawn remake - Page 2 31359_390786470422_513595422_4522776_125750_n
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:51 pm

So Kyle, let me understand this, fast food is good for you? Is that what you are saying? And yet the movie mention are stupid? That's it, there stupid

I guess off shoring drilling is good for you too. Unrestricted financial institutions are good for you too. Corrupt governments are good for you too.

Still no comment on the measurable decline in America.
Keep waving the flag, may be all the bad things will go away magically, especially if you wave the flag in front of you face were you can't see.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Dude you got some serious issues cause I don't even know how the fuck you got into this whole tirade on the decline of America based on a discussion on the quality of film, and it's not a conversation I'm taking part in.

I never said junk food is good for your body, it's good as in good tasting, I said it's fine, because it is ok to have something bad to eat once in a while. Oh noes junk food is the devil, no it's not, it only is because stupid people over do it and shove their faces with it 7 days a week and do no exercise. A burger and fries once in a while is not going to kill you, give me a fucking break. Oh but I bet you eat nothing but tofu and organic foods? Yea right. A movie about a guy who eats nothing but junk food for 30 days is "eye opening"? Give me a fucking break, everyone knows junk food is bad for you if you eat too much of it, especially in this day and age. It's the peoples own damn faults that they don't get off their lazy asses and do some exercise or learn how to eat in moderation. Go to another country and try some of the food they eat, it often is just as bad if not worse than what you would get at a fast food joint nutritional wise, but you know what? They aren't as lazy, do more exercise, lead more active lives, and don't eat shitty food 3 meals a day for 7 days a week every year. Having yourself some "bad" food is not gonna hurt you as long as your responsible.

Comment on the decline of America? Again I don't even fucking know how you even took this conversation in this direction, and frankly your just lashing out at everything it seems. Now were onto off shore drilling and government corruption? Holy crap how the fuck does the A-Team fit into all this? This is some hilarious shit.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 am

That picture is the win, just to damn funny, and yet we cant take down a bunch of crazy rebels with the best tech and army in the world. Guerrilla warfare > army ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

luis the young wrote:That picture is the win, just to damn funny, and yet we cant take down a bunch of crazy rebels with the best tech and army in the world. Guerrilla warfare > army ?

On that thought:

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-gun-markets-of-pakistan

I'm going to paraphrase the video: "Deaf, no tongue, making firearms with their bare hands."
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NidVader Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 am

American movies bad? MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*cough,cough*...AHAHAHAHA

Compare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l72gxO2l2E

NidVader
Neophyte

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 am

Turkey is awesome, rpg shells just lying around.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:16 am

Wooooooow...that was horrendous.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:53 pm

That dude is awesome. He has the infinite ammo code turned "on." Not to mention they filmed this in someones back yard on VHS.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 pm

I just want to point out that the original thread was not about the A Team or Jerry's grouchy old man, america is going to hell in a handbasket tirade. it was about the remake of Red Dawn...

And Bill and I were doing just fine debating whether or not Russia and China could realistically take on the United States.

You all are a bunch of thread jackers and should be ashamed of yourselves.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm

What we need to do is get China and Russia to fight each other, and then sell guns to one side and supplies to the other, just like in WW2, this way we can pull out of this shit hole we are finding ourselves in. Pump some life back into the economy !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Somehow, I can imagine you very easily as a sleazy cubano/russian arms dealer Luis.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 am

Ovich wrote:I just want to point out that the original thread was not about the A Team or Jerry's grouchy old man, america is going to hell in a handbasket tirade. it was about the remake of Red Dawn...

And Bill and I were doing just fine debating whether or not Russia and China could realistically take on the United States.

You all are a bunch of thread jackers and should be ashamed of yourselves.
That's funny and it was implied we were the ones going off topic...on a thread I started at that.
I went back and read my first post and I would say we were right on topic. Now were talking about junkfood and GI Joe.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 pm

So would a Red Dawn sequel been preferred? Wink

Hollywood likes to believe in "franchises" that they can exploit so letting go and doing something new is always tough, though it is odd for them to remake movies like Red Dawn or Wargames.

I like that Disney is actually making the new Tron a sequel and not a remake for example.

Though in some cases I think a remake is not a bad idea if a series gets long in the tooth. For horror movies it kinda makes sense when you dilute it so much with sequels. From a money making standpoint just doing a start over is not a bad idea. Course then you get stuff like them already rebooting the Spiderman movies when they are only a couple years old.

Red Dawn concept just doesn't jive today as well as it might have in the 80's, so what exactly are they going to do different to try to make this make sense? Probably not much. Anyone play Modern Warfare 2? The awful plot of that was basically Red Dawn in a modern setting. Magically the entire russian military was invading the US and no one noticed it coming our way?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

That was BS(modern warfare). Good game though. I assume Red Dawn is a remake. Niether modern day Russia nor China have the logistics, transport capacity, Navy or Air Force to launch a successful invasion. Our intel isn't that bad for christs sake. Even with Obama in charge. Our Navy and Air Force would obliterate the invasion force while it was enroute. Despite Ovich's remarks. The quality and quantity(Naval) is overwhelmingly in our favor. I think Stephan plays to many video games...like modern Warfare.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next