The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich

2 posters

Go down

2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich Empty 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Ive finally decided to field a Panzergrenadier company from Das Reich. Ive noticed nobody plays an SS company at all.So here I go spending money I dont need to spend.

Company HQ w/x2 Panzerschreck teams 110 points
x2 Panzer grenadier platoons kitted out x2 panzerfausts in each platoon 260 points each
Ernst Barkmann 275 points
x1 Jagdpanther235 points
x1 37mm flak platoon 150 points
x1 Nebelwerfer battery(5 guns)235 points
x1 SS tank hunter platoon 195 points
total:1720 points

Its more of a defensive force, but Im sure ill expand it as time passes.

Last edited by rokassan on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich Empty Re: 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I think Rob is going to do a Totenkopf force, iirc.

Those 4 Panzerfaust SMG Teams you're allowed in a SS-Panzergrenadier Platoon sounds flat out amazing.

Barkmann rides about in a Panther, right? Do you think you could swap that out for an Elefant to help out the Jagdpanther? 30 point gap and the cost of Barkmann is 305... Elefants are 300, and they're Elefants - Their AT value is fantastic.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Barkmann is 275 points. If he doesnt move he counts as gone to ground if he's in cover and he can still shoot. This means if I plant him in a good position in cover he can only be hit if your within 16 inches. He's in a Panther and rerolls all misses. He's a tough dude.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:17 pm

The tank hunters are great for close quarter fighting. Their all Panzerfaust SMG teams.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:I think Rob is going to do a Totenkopf force, iirc.

Those 4 Panzerfaust SMG Teams you're allowed in a SS-Panzergrenadier Platoon sounds flat out amazing.

Barkmann rides about in a Panther, right? Do you think you could swap that out for an Elefant to help out the Jagdpanther? 30 point gap and the cost of Barkmann is 305... Elefants are 300, and they're Elefants - Their AT value is fantastic.

Its 2 panzerfaust per platoon. I was mistaken. Still good none the less. I was able to add 1 more launcher to the nebelwerfer battery.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Das Reich was involved in the Budapest offensive in February 1945. So they'll be in the book when it comes out at the end of the year.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:57 am

Got my 15cm howitzers for my SS motorized artillery battery today and a second SS Panzergrenadier platoon.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down