The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHFB 8th Edition Army Book FAQs

+10
Ovich
smirkweasel
Dakai
The Eldar Guy
Garry
Diosamblet
Kyle
luis the young
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHFB 8th Edition Army Book FAQs Empty WHFB 8th Edition Army Book FAQs

Post by jspyd3rx Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 am

Until I read more, I have no idea how this changes things. Can someone please tell me what this does for Tomb Kings?
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sticky)
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

WHFB 8th Edition Army Book FAQs Empty Re: WHFB 8th Edition Army Book FAQs

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 am

At a glance without the book in front of me, they just applied the 8Ed rules to the TK book.

The key thing is that TK magic is still unchanged. With new limits on magic D, this will benefit them. They retained their always casts abilities, ability to select any incantation, and avoidance of miscasts special rules. Without this, they simply do not work.

The Casket is now a War Machine upgrade that counts as Character points. This is an upgrade because you can now "fire" it more than once per turn using TK magic. It's T10, so it will be tough to shoot or nuke off the board.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 am

I am VERY happy that they left TK magic untouched. The changes worked great for us. The Casket is now stronger than before and our magic defence got a huge boost, specially since we are the only ones "appart from dwarves" that get 2 dispell scrolls !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 am

Haven't played Fantasy in quite some time that I really don't know how the Orcs and Gobbos turned out Very Happy
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:50 am

ShadowMaster wrote:The Casket is now a War Machine upgrade that counts as Character points. This is an upgrade because you can now "fire" it more than once per turn using TK magic.

I saw the FAQ and it says that incantation rules now apply to the Light of Death, but I don't understand how this can mean you can "fire" it more than once a turn.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:51 am

Didnt really do anything to the O&Gs, we can still use our Waaagh Miscast table. thats about it.
Skaven have like 5 pages of FAQs!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am

The Brits only had about 3 pages but they did a good job correcting some of the thing for them.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

DE is ok.

Cauldron is a little weirder, but w/e.

RoHotek affects spells that don't target... again.

Hydra handlers really can't be hit in combat now. Anything randomized for shooting or combat is allocated against the Hydra.

Malus Darkblade can take a Sea Dragon Cloak.

Lokhir Fellhart can take heavy armor.

Everything else is the same, pretty much.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Diosamblet wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:The Casket is now a War Machine upgrade that counts as Character points. This is an upgrade because you can now "fire" it more than once per turn using TK magic.

I saw the FAQ and it says that incantation rules now apply to the Light of Death, but I don't understand how this can mean you can "fire" it more than once a turn.

That seems correct - still only once at the end of each friendly magic phase.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Why is the Steam Tank T10...
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:Why is the Steam Tank T10...

WHAT !?!?? WTF ?!!?!? Gotta read that one, i HOPE and PRAY is an error and they fix it quick...T10 Steam tanks with 10 wounds that you only get VP from if you totally kill it. Is game over for anyone facing Empire.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Oh I have looked at the empire and they have really tooled them up. Not to mention with there attachment rules they can kill the big block units ranks and also there guns shoot two ranks st4 -2 saves. lets not mention all therre war machines, they kicj ass now watch
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 pm

T10 Stanks is to offset the additional auto hits they will face from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows of attackers. The more interesting rule is that Grinding = Impact hits, which means the Stank will always strike first.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:T10 Stanks is to offset the additional auto hits they will face from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows of attackers. The more interesting rule is that Grinding = Impact hits, which means the Stank will always strike first.

The 3rd,4th,5th,6th,9th ranks of attacks against the Stank will be voided by the Toughness 10 ! that thing will only be able to be wounded on 6s by very high strength attacks. It was hard as hell to kill before, now is almost impossible, even cannons and stone throwers need 6s to wound it !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Normal infantry can would it on 6s. It being T10 doesn't make it more survivable against normal infantry with 4 ranks. It is, obviously, more survivable against the tools with higher strength.

Cannons will be 4s, but yeah- EVERYTHING will wound it on 6s... bolt throwers, stone throwers, great-weapons, etc.

The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:48 pm

steam tanks can be instant killed with heroic killing blow
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 pm

what has heroic blow?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Bretonnian Hero (or Lord) with Virtue of Heroism.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 pm

I think there is 2 or 3 other armies that have weapons that lords can buy that give them it also. But as far as the tank on 12 hit you should woulds 3 to 4 times they are not as hard as they seem.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 pm

luis the young wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:T10 Stanks is to offset the additional auto hits they will face from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows of attackers. The more interesting rule is that Grinding = Impact hits, which means the Stank will always strike first.

The 3rd,4th,5th,6th,9th ranks of attacks against the Stank will be voided by the Toughness 10 ! that thing will only be able to be wounded on 6s by very high strength attacks. It was hard as hell to kill before, now is almost impossible, even cannons and stone throwers need 6s to wound it !

You need to view the new To Wound chart. Basicly a 6 is now an auto wound, no matter what S or T is involved.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Garry wrote:I think there is 2 or 3 other armies that have weapons that lords can buy that give them it also. But as far as the tank on 12 hit you should woulds 3 to 4 times they are not as hard as they seem.

I've only read about half so far, but I have not seen any errata entry adding the Heroic Killing Blow to anything so far. It may be something we see in future Army books.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm

They increased the STANKs toughness because artillery will basically autohit it now. Well, not bolt throwers, but rock lobbers and cannons will get plenty of hits on it.

If they hadn't adjusted it's toughness (I'll admit that toughness ten is a bit high) then it would be virtually useless with the new artillery rules. You would move it out first turn and BAM... direct hit from Trebuchet, oh look no armour save.. and guess what it has 6 wounds left, which means now it's a useless piece of scenary.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:25 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
Garry wrote:I think there is 2 or 3 other armies that have weapons that lords can buy that give them it also. But as far as the tank on 12 hit you should woulds 3 to 4 times they are not as hard as they seem.

I've only read about half so far, but I have not seen any errata entry adding the Heroic Killing Blow to anything so far. It may be something we see in future Army books.

Brets get that as part of their Virtue of Heroism.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Dont rely to much on artillery, Dan brought tons of artillery and it was bouncing all over the place and misfiring and what not.
The thing to remember now is TRUE line of sight....so time to model a nice tall base on all those Bolt Throwers and cannons, no more need for hills ! I think im gonna put my Casket of Souls on a base...hmm..line of sight.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 pm

A lot of units suck shit now in 8th edition. Hell, just look at the entire army of wood elves. Because the steam tank may suffer a little bit against a few things in a few armies is no excuse to rewrite the book.

Point is- there is absolutely no reason for the steam tank being toughness 10.

interesting note, however- is that war-machines are no longer immune to poison.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down