The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, guess nobody got the early war book.

+6
smirkweasel
jhope
Hurricane
Autarch (CM)
KingdomCome
rokassan
10 posters

Go down

Ok, guess nobody got the early war book. Empty Ok, guess nobody got the early war book.

Post by rokassan Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Ive seen no posts or comments so Ill start. Im going with the French Compagnie de Fusiliers-Voltigeurs(Active and Colonial)...to start with. It has the best composition in my opinion(as far as the French go). You can field any of the tank platoon types and up to 3 batteries of Artillery and the French Artillery rules are brutal. basically you have the option to field most of the different platoons one way or another...plus I swear by infantry so a Tank Company wasnt a consideration. A Polish Cavalry Regiment is fearless Veteran.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ok, guess nobody got the early war book. Empty Re: Ok, guess nobody got the early war book.

Post by KingdomCome Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

A few folks picked up the early war book. I haven't looked at it all , but the polish have some HUGE fearless trained infantry companies.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Ok, guess nobody got the early war book. Empty Re: Ok, guess nobody got the early war book.

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:53 pm

I picked it up on Friday, but I have been out and about all weekend. I've skimmed through it a few times and I'm still trying to figure out if I want to do Trained or Veteran Polish with the armoured train.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:40 pm

I got screwed.... thought Joel was gonna hold one for me. He didn't. I haven't even seen the book yet.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 am

I picked up the book. I'll probably go with a British Tank Company. I need to decide on the heavy or light version. Heavy will be real cheap with 3 matildas costing 710 points.

I'm going to calculate the points for the box set (light tanks) later.

How many points do we want to start playing with?

Anyone going to play the Germans?

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:17 pm

jhope wrote:I picked up the book. I'll probably go with a British Tank Company. I need to decide on the heavy or light version. Heavy will be real cheap with 3 matildas costing 710 points.

I'm going to calculate the points for the box set (light tanks) later.

How many points do we want to start playing with?

Anyone going to play the Germans?

Those are the Matilda Seniors right?

My German infantry translate relatively well into Early War: Halftracks, Pioniers, etc.

BUT

I'm going to start working on Poles for early war.... Still playing around with points/lists.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Joel order few books. He was sold out by Sunday. I didn't get a copy. I would play the Brit infantry and use the 25 pounders as 18/25.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am

I haven't any serious interest yet in Early-War, but I may buy the book to look into it.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:29 am

i dont play however the thought of using trains is very intresting.is there a limit to how many you can have?
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 am

Yes, they are the Matilda Seniors. They are the same as the Matilda II in the mid war book.

For the points, your only going to want one train. There are several options that can put it over 700 points.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:42 am

jhope wrote:Yes, they are the Matilda Seniors. They are the same as the Matilda II in the mid war book.

For the points, your only going to want one train. There are several options that can put it over 700 points.

I don't like the options for the 2 TKS and FT-17 - The FT-17 is the only tank in the platoon with an AT-Gun, and it's a VERY SLOW tank. The only saving grace is that the train will do most of the moving for that contraption.

EDIT: 835 points for the most tricked-out train.

Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

No interest or money to get into Early War.
Mikey
Mikey
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 26
Armies : Empire/Germans
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Yea I don't play enough to warrant buying a completely new army. I'm fine with my MW-LW Germans
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

I'm doing a German Czech Tank Company... Already started collecting.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Im doing a French Fusilier company. Ive got three Char-B's and Three R.35 tanks painted and ready to kill Nazi's. No French shit has been released so Im still waiting.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down