The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

+8
Vycem
kosmos
KingdomCome
The Eldar Guy
Hurricane
Garm
Kyle
rokassan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.  Empty For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

Post by rokassan Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 am

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi717817369/
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.  Empty Re: For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

Post by Kyle Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:05 am

The comic series is excellent.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.  Empty Re: For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

Post by rokassan Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 am

And a Cop is the Hero...representing cheers . We usually die in these movies although the2004 Dawn of the dead Ving Rhames was a Cop and he was a main character. The Book World War Z is a good read by the way. I borrowed Hurricanes copy. Couldnt put it down.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:58 am

I'm watching it.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:10 am

That looks awesome!!! Can't wait for it.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 am

Definitely watching this. Not much on TV these days.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 am

The comics are awesome. I bought the first compendium of walking dead and couldn't put it down. It got kinda disturbing towards the end of the book, bit still worth a read.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kosmos Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Robert Kirkman is awesome. Invincible should be a movie.
kosmos
kosmos
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 45
Armies : U.S. Parachute Rifle Company; Cygnar/Khador; Bretonina...Maybe?
Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Invincible is the shit.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah, I've been waiting for this since last year.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh, by #70 or so, it's very disturbing, but very engrossing nonetheless. Easily the best graphic novel series I've ever read in my life.

And Rick the Cop is a pro. He'd do you proud, Bill. He's a little crazy at this point, but considering everything he goes through, I'm surprised he's not a total lunatic. He's like a combination of Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood, and his 7 year-old son is a bad-ass with a revolver.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:33 am

It's interesting because for the casual observer who's never read the comics, the beginning has a lot of parallels to the 28 days later movies.

You know, guys in the hospital, he wakes up to find the whole world is a zombie nightmare.

For those of you who have read the books, what's so different about this series from all the other media out there ? It doesn't exactly seem that original .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 am

Well, i think that because it is set here in the US for one and not in England. Secondly, it's going to be a series not a movie so it can last longer and get more involved! So, much more you can do with 8 hours of show time vs 2! Now, I don't know how many episodes or how long each episode will be but I'm sure it will be more than a movies worth.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 am

The difference is that the comic is more about how different people react and adapt to a world gone to hell. The zombies aren't really the primary antagonists in the end; people are. Zombie movies often show a single horror-filled evening of flesh-eating corpses slowly picking off a group of survivors.. The Walking Dead shows us how the world may look after a few years have gone by, and how people are struggling to survive one-another, locate supplies, and fight off the dead, all while trying to figure out what started it to begin with, and whether any bastions of civilization yet remain.

The evolution of Rick in the comics is very, very similar to the evolution of Eisenhorn as an Inquisitor, and is incredibly well-done. Every character is believable, and no character, no matter how awesome, has much in the way of "Deus Ex Machina" saves.. Shit happens to people you like, and people you dislike, and that's just the way it is.

And that's just some of the reasons why this comic (and show, hopefully) are (and will be) incredible. 28 Days Later/Months Later were excellent movies, even if I dislike the idea of newfangled Running Zombies.. but they weren't much in the way of emotional or psychological depth. If there's one thing you can take away from The Walking Dead, it is simply that people will do whatever they can, whenever they can, to whomever and whatever they need to, in order to survive even a minute longer, and once all the pretty social graces and laws are stripped away, we're a bunch of barbarians and cannibals ourselves. It's very gripping to watch these characters struggle to cling to their humanity while being forced to commit inhuman acts for the sake of survival.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:01 am

The comics really kicked into gear once the prison storyline kicked in, then it got really intense. Before that it was "not bad".

Nick is right, the big thing in the comics is the evolution/degeneration of humanity as it goes on. At least in the comics, you really get a feel for just how much time is passing and how increasingly desperate things become. Quite epic in scope.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:16 am

Walking Dead was very similar to a Dawn/Day of the Dead style of zombie setting, but ongoing. It has lot of Romero like qualities but with far more time.

Also they just officialy announced that Walking Dead is getting a 2nd season. Just the hype alone for it has got AMC interested in renewing it before it airs it's first season.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by kosmos Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 am

That makes me real happy.
kosmos
kosmos
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 45
Armies : U.S. Parachute Rifle Company; Cygnar/Khador; Bretonina...Maybe?
Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:14 am

I see TWD zombies have struck a happy medium between Romero's slowpoke shamblers, and the newfangled Kenyan Sprinter zombies..

These new TWD zombies seem to powerwalk aggressively, which means we won't simply be able to walk by them without getting tagged.

Feels bad, man.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh man i can't wait to see the fucking governor.

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 131
Armies : Necron, Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Have a feeling that arc is going to be heavily changed for TV. AMC can get away with alot being cable but they do censor the crap out of the movies they play.

The governor stuff also is not going to be in the first season from what I understand. Might not see till season 3 if they stick to the books.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Damn i hope they don't cut too much.... a lot of that really bad shit is important and needs to be shown!!!

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Probably alot more implied segments than being as explicit. This isn't HBO or such, and they will likely not want the show on at too late a slot on AMC. I'm sure they will keep things fairly violent, but nowhere to the extent of the comics.

Whats going to suck is the wait for more episodes, first season is only 6 episodes with them filming a 13 episode season 2 starting in February. We might not see season 2 till 2nd half of 2011
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:34 pm

damn

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Wtf, only 6 episodes?! Why?
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Well the books themselves weren't too packed with dialogue. It was mostly loaded with illustrations of expressions and the area they are in at the moment so i could picture at least half of the first walking dead giant book packed into 6 episodes if they are an hour long.

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next