The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

+8
Vycem
kosmos
KingdomCome
The Eldar Guy
Hurricane
Garm
Kyle
rokassan
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

Post by Kyle Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm

They initially chose to do it as a 6 part mini series as kind of a test. They just announced season 2 largely due to just how much hype they are getting. But if the show is going to be successful is another matter, filming of season 2 doesn't start till next year so if the ratings aren't there they could still pull out probably. Popularity on the internet and amongst geek culture has proven often to end up being failures when it comes to actual ratings and movie revenue. They have to be able to reach a broader audience to succeed on TV, and a show of this type is kind of untested and unique.

acidchalk (erick) wrote:Well the books themselves weren't too packed with dialogue. It was mostly loaded with illustrations of expressions and the area they are in at the moment so i could picture at least half of the first walking dead giant book packed into 6 episodes if they are an hour long.

Eh? For a comic book, it probably has the most dialogue of most. One of the most common complaints people seem to have the Kirkmans books is that his characters talk way too much, and very preachy.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: For my fellow Zombie movie fans a Zombie series is coming out.

Post by acidchalk (erick) Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Memory must be failing me but i do remember a few pages of just pictures of empty cities and roamers just wandering around.

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 131
Armies : Necron, Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm

A few, but then the dialogue pages usually have like 4 times more than normal comics do. And especially the later chapters of the story are very heavy on the dialogue with less action. The last book they released was pretty much nothing but dialogue throughout.

The initial chapters had some more spreads of no dialogue in large part due to the survivors not being together yet.

The show itself is also going to have new material as well though they plan to stick to the books story lines.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah i'm past that part right now they are in that town and building the wall around it. It's getting gooooood!

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 131
Armies : Necron, Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:46 am

i am going to have to look into this
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm

If your interested in the comic, the compendium is a great thing to pick up if you can find it. First 8 books collected in one giant book.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

I wonder when Rick is going to start praying to the Chaos Gods..
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2