The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct

4 posters

Go down

One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct Empty One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:43 pm

On Wed the 29th, 6:00PM I will be running a Dark Heresy at Sunshine Games. This will run for one month (4 games). There will be NO table fee for the first game. I still have room for a few players, so please sign up here or PM me.

This is a very simple game, great for new-comers. I have all the dice and books that will be needed

Please try to have a character made. If you don't have the books or need help, contact me and we can work something out. All basic character classes are accepted.

This will be a very friendly Willy-Nilly game. It will center on a group investigating rumors about a very special cult worshipping what they believe to be the star child (Emperor reborn). Are they Chaos worshippers? Is the "star child infact a disguised gate to the warp? Is the Alpha Legion involved? Or could he really be the salvation of the Empire? Play to find out!

If you have a character from a previous game I ran, you can use him, whatever experience he has, its okay.

Plenty of space will be available. Joel has signed off on it.

PLEASE do not post here unless you are interested in playing, if you have a complaint about table-top games in general, PM me and I promise I will get back to you.

Last edited by Justin Page on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct Empty Re: One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct

Post by oXPsYXo Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Sounds cool man, I'll be passing by tomorrow (Sept 22.) to discuss it.

I know One or Two other people who are interested.
oXPsYXo
oXPsYXo
Slave

Male
Number of posts : 1
Armies : Necron, Space Marine
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct Empty Re: One month Dark Heresy game continues 6 Oct

Post by chef xenos Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:46 pm

im up
can my charcter be stealer infected
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Several people have PMed me to confirm. We now have enough people to play but there is still room!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 pm

One more thing. If anybody has a rogue trader game character, you can play it. Just let me know ahead of time so I can make some minor adjustments if needed.

phykers may have a especially difficult time of living through this one... FYI

Usually I am easy on the group but there are some really nasty forces at work in this campaign and victory is not assured. If the viscus acidic demon rape-monster eats you, I hope you have a fate point left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:48 pm

This is a recap of the campaign:

The Game started with the murder of the team's inquisitor. During a investigation into a possible rogue phyker / cult the team were following their inquisitor through the bulkheads of a rouge trader's cargo hauler. Suddenly an explosion ripped the inquisitor to shreds and left our team with a mystery to solve.

After raiding the corpse for a personnel computer with encrypted notes on it (which were never read) the team began investigating. After questioning the senior crew and doing a cursory forensics study some alarming facts came to light.

1. A large man capable of eluding all security measures was caught on several blurry security camera shots. He was 9 to 10 feet tall and robed. He was seen entering engine, shielding, and weapon system related areas.

2. The Gheller Fields (warp shielding) have been flickering for unknown reasons.

3. A Very large cult surrounding a man claiming to be the "star child" is on board. about 2 to 3 thousand members. the passenger sections had been put on lock-down.

4. The inquisitor was actually killed by a bolter round of unknown make/model

After the investigation, the group went to the cult living quarters only to find a mob running from a demonic warp entity. The assassin killed it with a very lucky blow. The cult members at the site were insane with fear. Both from the demon and from the cold blooded murder and several maimings that the team commited of a cult member

On the way to the star child the ship shuttered as if in a minor collision......

HINTS: Read the inquisitors computer for Emperor's sake! Maybe the navigators have info on bad warp related shit. Are there other passengers besides this cult? Where is the cult going and why?

I defiantly did some things wrong:

If you don't have a skill, you halve the parent attribute (example: no dodge skill means you can still dodge, but at half your agility)

Crits give an extra attack, not extra damage rolls

Much more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:00 am

To be fair, before we had a chance to decrypt that dataslate we did have to deal with ethereal warpspawn and a tide of panicking cultists. Not the best environment for sleuthing.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Garm wrote:To be fair, before we had a chance to decrypt that dataslate we did have to deal with ethereal warpspawn and a tide of panicking cultists. Not the best environment for sleuthing.

Yeah... there was that....

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

took down the cult (and teammates >.> ) single handly Razz
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I am putting on another game on Wednesdays starting 8 Dec, 6 oclock and at Sunshine. We will be playing with "Gurps" rules, which are VERY easy. I will also send a seperate e-mail with the PDF rules to you in another e-mail.

Module setting: My own creation, think 13th century europe with laser guns. Technology is present but too expensive for most people to own

Rules: GURPS. I have all the books, you need nothing. I chose this ruleset because it is VERY easy. The basic roll is three 6-sided dice then you add a modifier.

Background:
The world of New Sun is heavily influenced by, and in part a tribute to, Jack Vance's "Dying Earth," but it is quite different from that world. It represents the "do-nothing" future, the future in which the human race neither destroys the world through some great catastrophe, nor learns to manage it wisely. As a result, the world, a mere million or so years from now, has grown old, the natural resources used up. Miners dig in the ruins of ancient cities (still far in our future) for artifacts and materials.

The Moon is green -- it has been terraformed and forested. Humanity once flew among the stars, but no more.

Something happened to drive human civilization, and the core of the human population, back to the homeworld, and wounded the Sun, turning it into a dimming shadow of its former self.

A prophecy tells of a messiah-figure, the New Sun, who will bring a new sun to Urth and restore the vitality of Urth and of the human race. This figure was prophesied by another mysterious messiah, the Conciliator, who lived a thousand years in the quest's past. The two figures are said to be the same being.

Aliens visit Urth regularly, and are loathed and feared by the common folk of the Commonwealth, the country where the action of quest takes place.

Alien beasts, as well as animals reconstructed from Urth's past, roam the mountains and forests of the Commonwealth.

To the north, the Ascians, "people without shadows," live in a state of perpetual war with the Commonwealth.

Characters: Build whatever the heck you like. That said, you may have just ONE piece of technology above what what they had in 1000 AD. Yes you may have a gun but only the ammo / charge stored in it. Your characters have just been banished from Hightown for a crime and are about to be sent on a mission.

Additionally you are encouraged to choose one of the following "Fate Threads":

1. You occasionally find your face and name on old coins. You don't know why.

2. You have flashbacks of a war you have never known

3. A small man claiming to be your real father saves your life occasionally in childhood.

4. You receive a pension for work at a trading company that you have never worked for or heard of.

5. You can heal the sick (can't be used to heal wounds)

Character ideas that would fit the background but you are not limited to:

disgraced soldier,

exiled torturer/lictor (tortures are held in high regard and are considered noble) they have a guild

Witch. somehow able to use technology naturally. They have a guild

Former Sailer. There are occasionally spaceships docking above earth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm

I might be interested in this, sounds like something interesting.

Could you tell me what the character creation guidlines are? This is my first RP I'll be doing, so any help is appreciated! What a Face
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down