The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German hasty assault vs French Infantry

3 posters

Go down

German hasty assault vs French Infantry Empty German hasty assault vs French Infantry

Post by Hurricane Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:28 pm

1500 pts Hasty assault Mission.

With only 1500pts, I only had 4 platoons. So, I set up my 105mm Artillery and my Pioneers thinking that my armor could roll on in reserve and get to the fight faster. Bill set up his Artillery, 2 infantry platoons and his 47mm anti-tank guns in immediate ambush. That didn't work out so well for him because all my armor was off the board. I started the game by pushing my pioneers on the left side forward followed by my Panzer II's that had come on in the first turn via a reserve roll. By turn 3, I assaulted with my Panzer 4's and pushed his infantry off the left objective (the first of many failed motivation checks for the froggy french infantry). My pioneers had been chewed up by fire and eventually collapsed. In turn 4, he rolled his reserves and rolled his Char B's up on the unprotected objective to contest it. Knowing full well that I could not knock out those tanks with my tanks I moved quickly to the right to do a pincer move on the right side objective. My Panzer 38t platoon had gone right and knocked off his other infantry platoon off the objective. Again, a successful reserve roll allowed him to save the objective with his Renult 35's. My panzer II's were able to flank his 47 mm guns and assault them. With them out of the way, it seemed like an easy victory. However, his artillery began firing directly at my Panzer II's and 38's. I was able to knock out his Char B's with artillery fire and air power. After a short tank duel, I finished of his 35's and part of his artillery but not before he knocked out my II's. In the end, he failed a company morale check and the Germans won 4-3.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

German hasty assault vs French Infantry Empty Re: German hasty assault vs French Infantry

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Close game. If I had been able to break his last Panzer-38 platoon Id have won. Erics 1ic had been killed earlier in the game. He only had 2 tanks left in the platoon. In the final 2 rounds my remaining Char-B was knocked out by artillery and my last R-35 was killed by his Panzers. This left my unsupported infantry to defend the objective. If I had been able to get the last Char-B on the objective the odds would have favored me. Erics artillery were the unit of the game. My Char-B's would have easily dispatched Ericsson best tank. His best AT was 6 with his armor. My front was 6 and sides 5. His artillery knocked out 2 in round 3 or 4 and caught my last Char-B as he advanced on the final objective knocking out 2 Panzers 2's in the process. Good game very close. It hinged on die rolls and the dice gods favored Eric on this day.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

German hasty assault vs French Infantry Empty Re: German hasty assault vs French Infantry

Post by luis the young Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Wow, looks like those early war battles give the Germans a run for their money. The afeminated French seem to be putting up a good fight. Maybe Bill shouldve been in command of their forces back in WWII Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:49 pm

You gonna get early war Russians Luis? The Germans don't have those big tanks in early war. It's tactics that win the day for them. Lucky for Eric he's a good tactician. The French have two major drawbacks in my opinion...one man turrets and no veteran troops. Their all trained. Their a blast to play though.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 pm

An early war russian army is composed of heaps of casualties, smoking wrecked tanks and ONE general in command of the whole mess.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Sounds like it's right up your alley, Luis. Luckily for the french, they have really good tanks and good equipment (like the 47mm AT guns).
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Or you could always go with a Polish Army, Luis!!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Id go with a Cuban Army. What do you think Luis.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 am

I could, but you never know when my allies might turn against me and leave me stranded to fend for myself ..
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Damn Democrats.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Whats the armor values like in Early War ? and how much was the book ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Books $50. Armor ranges from 7 for the Matilda to 1 for the Panzer 2. The Book only covers Western Europe. No commits yet.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down