The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info

+7
zephel
Frantic
Kyle
jspyd3rx
KingdomCome
dork_jedi
Vycem
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info Empty UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info

Post by Vycem Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:27 pm

UPDATE: We have potentially four people locked in!

Shipping caps at 39.80 euro which is about $56 dollars. That means if we get 5 people, it's down to about $11 a pop, much more reasonable. This game never sells as cheap, so it's a great time to jump in. PM me if you want in on the combined shipping we're arranging. I plan to order friday night.

----

UPDATE 2: How is this going down?

1. Tell me you want in.
2. Tell me what you want before Friday and I'll give you a total with with shipping once everyone is locked in. If you give me your number I can text it to you.
3. We arrange payment on Friday. I live a couple of blocks from Sunshine and I can take paypal (make it a gift homes!) or cash, whatever you prefer.
4. Friday night, once all payments are in, I'll place the order and give all of you my full info (name, address, phone number, whatever you want to feel safe). We have a cop in the group and I you can check out my refs on bartertown (Vycem) and ebay (Dyluc) so you can bask in my reliability. Plus I'm used to getting packages in the mail, so it's not a problem.
5. Once the package arrives we can arrange pickup at Sunshine.

Remember, the website prices are in Euros. Still, ~55 for a full army it's a pretty sweet deal.

---

So the website Beasts of War is having a one week focus on Infinity, with videos spotlighting the rules, background, models, etc: http://www.beastsofwar.com/

In honor of that, the manufacturers put together army deals that are 50% off their retail price for this week only: http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tiendainf.asp?IDNOTICIA=106
Rulebooks on sale too (bundle of the 2nd ed rulebook + expansion)

The only problem is that their US shipping is horrendous. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in picking up something in the deal so we could split shipping. The more people are interested, the cheaper shipping would be. This is a skirmish-size game, and the deal is really a full "army" (yes, not that many models). The game has a strong anime look and includes mechs, bikes, etc.

If anyone is interested, let me know, we have until the 25th....

Last edited by Vycem on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info Empty Re: UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info

Post by dork_jedi Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Those models are gorgeous
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info Empty Re: UPDATE --Start making up your minds folks!-- Infinity 1 Week Sale -- 4 Buyers locked, the more the merrier! Now with buyer info

Post by KingdomCome Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm all over this. It really is too good a deal to pass up on.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Yep, have to wait till Friday. Hoping to pick up nomads.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Damn I kind of feel tempted to get a 2nd army to go with my Yu Jing force, but I really got to keep my army/game buying down this year
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Are there people playing this around here? I've looked at the rules for this game and it looks really good.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, I guess we'll all be playing this around here soon!

C'mon Kyle, a full army for peanuts. Don't tell me some of those models look sexy.

Infinity is a terrain heavy game, maybe we can convince Joel to get us some buildings with interiors made. Hell, they'd double for 40k easy.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm

hmmm. i really want to try this. how much is it to get ALEPH?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Aleph is a good choice, that's my fave too. 42.25 euro, or $60 for the army according to current Google exchange, plus shipping (the more peeps, the cheaper it is!)

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:51 pm

The rules are also available on their site for free, so all you need is an army to start playing.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 pm

As good as a deal as this is I just started working today after a month of zero income so I'll have to buy stuff later. But on a brighter note I got a bunch of at-43 terrain that I think would work really well for this game.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm

At- 43 terrain would be perfect actually. The more terrain the better the game flows.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am

Outside of 40k, nobody plays anything right now at Sunshine.

If you can't get a game of Fantasy or WM/H, how are you gonna get a solid regular group to play Infinity?

In 6 months this would just be another unused army on a shelf like my WoTR set or my mordheim warband. I've done that dance one too many times I'm afraid.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 am

True enough Bill. Still , I'd at least like to have to option of playing something else. Even if it would be with a small number of people. I still believe WoTR is GWs best systems and it really is a shame no one plays regularly. I'd like to get into it if it ever swings back.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am

I just like the PanOceania the way they look is tits. I might get into this not sure...we'll see need a few more mins to look things ova.

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 am

WoTR is a great system. Challenge accepted!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 am

Summer for me hits in 5 weeks. I'll dust of the 2000+ pts of elves for some WotR awesomeness

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 pm

How many points is a typical game of WoTR?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 pm

We only every played 1500pt games at the shop. Ard boyz' was 2000pts. It plays well at both levels really. But, like any game the more stuff you have on the table the more epic it feels. Whats nice is that because the rules are fairly simple it does not bog down at high point levels and one you get to 2000pt games the good side unlocks cool allies like wizard councils and the entire fellowship as one formation.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Yes - I'd say 2K is optimal because it allows for the use of all ally units.

Despite GW, this line is still prices at a decent level. Infantry are about $1 and cav around $5 (NIB).

I got my gobos (NIB) at a silly ebay discount of .55 each - so with a little patience and research you can score big savings.

Let's not thread jack the infinity purchase too much though. Throw up a new thread if you have more questions.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 pm

I still play wotr from time to time but usually at home due to a crazy work schedule. But I'm always up for a game and I got plent of stuff if a gone ever wants to learn.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:18 am

Too bad I couldn't jump in the deal:( wife wouldn't let me since I really don't have time to play with a newborn now. Will be picking models o e by one though eventually. Nice to know there will be players around.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:29 am

Sooooo the deal was through the 25th....SPAIN TIME.

It ended just as I was collecting the last of the money.

BUT we're still all interested. We're just going to start slowly, with the starter sets and an escalation league.

So don't worry Jspyd3rx, there's time and you can join us at your pace.

State tuned everyone, KingdomCome is pumped to get the ball rolling and Quincilla has been dying to get this game rooted down here for a while. Starters are like 5 figs, so definitely more manageable!

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincilla767 Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am

Starters are 6 and i will be getting both books and my set by by next week and if any one wants i will let them scans my books ...
Quincilla767
Quincilla767
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 111
Armies : Tau, Daemon hunters, Dark Elves
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:09 am

@quincilla: how many points would you like to start with? I'm going to order my things today and don't want to over spend.

@frantic: I'll gladly accept the use of your models to learn WoTR. Lemme know your availability so we could set something up.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next