The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky

+10
dork_jedi
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Michaelharmon
jerryb
ImAShakiraholic
KingdomCome
The Eldar Guy
chef xenos
Dan
14 posters

Go down

unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky Empty Re: unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky

Post by Dan Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Is there a designated "area" or special "shelf" that the terrain is supposed to be?

I agree 100% that the terrain should be taken care of. It usually seems that a random table is chosen and ALL the terrain gets piled onto said table.

The only 2 places that remotely look like terrain "stations" are the small shelf by the corner next to the window, the one with the miniature display case and the shelves in the hallway between the main game room and the rest rooms.

The display shelf is obviously way too small and the shelves in the hall are inaccesible because of clutter.

I haven't been to sunshine like in a week and a half, did something change?

Last edited by Dan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky Empty Re: unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky

Post by chef xenos Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm

yes
max spent the day fixing the terrian and cleaning out the back so clean up after yourself or ill put a wok to your head
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 pm

The back area is now traversal and shelving made available. After terrain is used please return it to where it was found.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:10 pm

That's awesome and since we're on the subject of cleaning up after yourself.

HOLY JEEZE! People gotta clean up after themselves, PERIOD! Not just terrain but all the crap they bring in, be it left over food bags & packages, cups, cans, trash, ccg wrappers!

Hivefleet (John) knows exactly what I'm talking about, he's been there with me as we look upon the vast sea of trash.

Joel is not your Mother people, and this is not your house... As a matter of fact it's everyones house, which is probably why it pisses me off so much when I see that people don't respect the place.

Oh, and everyone should shower... just so there isn't any nerd funk.
( I got so heated that I figured I should end my post a little light hearted) Razz
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 pm

General trash is usually left by ccg players, imo.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:09 am

This has been a long time coming. I agree on all points and I especially agree with throwing away your trash. Can't blame the ccg people when I walk in on Thursday and the store is upside down. I've done plenty on clean up on those days. I say we police ourselves, not be dicks mind you, but let everyone in on the "movement."
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks guys please help me, HELP YOU! that way we can all have great tables and terrain!

Furthermore, I will arrive early on Wednesdays to set up the tables with terrain and leave late to put it all back. If you go in for a pick up game or something then please remember to put it all back!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey did Shakila get a new pair of tits?

This issue comes up every now and then, it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

When player's did make the effort to replace terrain on the shelf, they either stack it like wood (crushing the item) or jam it into other terrain (causing damage).

I brought containers for the 15mm FOW in an attempt to preserve and protect the terrain. Also I separated the different terrain to make easier to locate. I can only image what state it is in today.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:33 pm

jerryb wrote:Hey did Shakila get a new pair of tits?

They kinda look like mountains;) Love the short hair.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Please sticky this post.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Maybe get a way to motivate people to bring their own terrain? Not really sure how, but would help keep things orderly if people brought thier own?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Adeptus Art is improving Joel's terrain and making new boards to play on. Therefore the terrain should just stay on the boards.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Michaelharmon wrote:

I would eat her ass for hours.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Just stop breaking the fucking terrain like your goddamn savages or 2 year old kids. I saw the refurbished terrain. Max and his crew are doing a fantastic job.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:22 pm

rokassan wrote:
Michaelharmon wrote:

I would eat her ass for hours.
And come back for seconds.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Oh yes.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am

We're pwning everything making great terrain to use because we love you. Just take care of it or Joel will add reprimands
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:30 pm

max i see thta you have been working on 40k stuff (looks great by the way) but lets see work done for other game systems
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I don't think he plays or cares for fantasy. Just assuming though.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:max i see thta you have been working on 40k stuff (looks great by the way) but lets see work done for other game systems

Wow, don't people say "please" anymore?

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky Empty unrelated discussion to Max's Terrain sticky

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 am

I'm under contract from Joel. If he wants to start a campaign to renovate or create some Fantasy stuff then I'm all for it.

As it stands there isn't much fantasy going on anyways and their boards require much less terrain so 40K is the priority.

FOW terrain is practically all painted already.

Guys, Just be cure to keep the terrain where it is so all this nice looking stuff doesn't get ruined!!!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

rokassan wrote:Just stop breaking the fucking terrain like your goddamn savages or 2 year old kids. I saw the refurbished terrain. Max and his crew are doing a fantastic job.

atleast you don't have a 5 yr old kid sleeping on plastic chairs covered with his dad's Members Only jacket where you're playing on Friday nights. Pics to follow. Laughing
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm

I feel for the dad. At least the kid aint bothering the game. Dads making due and trying to enjoy his his hobby.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:10 pm

That's why God invented NyQuil, nature's babysitter.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Vycem wrote:That's why God invented NyQuil, nature's babysitter.
ROFL

......and I want to see those pics!!!!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down