The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis!

+3
McSheehy
luis the young
jspyd3rx
7 posters

Go down

A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis! Empty A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis!

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 am

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112218&d=1307752678

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112219&d=1307752678

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112220&d=1307752678

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112221&d=1307752678

Just some stuff I stumbled upon in warseer. July 9th seems to be the release for it and there is a back page that SoB will be a WD codex broken into two parts in august and September.

Plastic minis
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112273&d=1307817992

Last edited by jspyd3rx on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis! Empty Re: A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis!

Post by luis the young Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:37 am

pretty cool, just like i thought, its warhanners version of apocalypse.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis! Empty Re: A few Storm of Magic pics & New single plastic minis!

Post by McSheehy Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

I'd say its more Planetstrike than Apocalypse.
A smaller yet still big enough alteration and expansion upon normal gaming to give that extra bit of difference for some new fun.

I still want Siege back though.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 pm

i love the look of the new dragons
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Plastic single new minis, whaaat?!?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112273&d=1307817992
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:59 pm

nice models...but you now they are going to like 20bucks a pop. looks like this is coming out of a white dwarf
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Yep, some dude got his like two weeks early. Two of those minis make great heralds for a DoC army.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:36 pm

i am going to see about picking some of this up
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm

i like those magic dice
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beornegar Granitebrow Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Yay, my dwarfs get nothing yet again!
Beornegar Granitebrow
Beornegar Granitebrow
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 57
Armies : DWARFS, BEASTMEN, SPACE ORKS, TROLLBLOODS
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:08 am

Beornegar Granitebrow wrote:Yay, my dwarfs get nothing yet again!

you might be able to field monsters.

Things are going back to 5th again. I am so happy
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:
Beornegar Granitebrow wrote:Yay, my dwarfs get nothing yet again!

you might be able to field monsters.

Things are going back to 5th again. I am so happy

I've been reading the stuff GW has put up on their website about the expansion.

The Dwarfs can essentially hire wizards (if they want), can have the monsters, and also have special Runes to cast upon their armies if their Runesmiths/Runelords control the special terrain pieces (which will apparently be important for any army wishing to use their new big spells).

So it looks like GW covered every army for the sake of this expansion... which is kind of cool.
As I said before it looks more like 40K's Planetstrike than Apocalypse... though you would probably only get the most fun out of Storm of Magic in larger games (2500+ pts).

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 pm

According to white dwarf, ANY army can "bind" the monsters, and the new items and monsters are given their own 25% point allowance. I.E. if you play 2500 points, you add an extra 625 of monsters and magic items.

What I found really interesting in the article is that it mentions:

1. There's a spell to "summon" a unit from any army to fight for you.

2. You can "make a dark pact" and hire a contingent of Demons, Tomb Kings, and Vampire Counts to work for your army.

Which I think is an interesting way for them to bring allies back into it. In the white dwarf issue, they showed an empire army fielding a unit of high elf swordmasters.

That's kind of cool - there are some models I really like but I don't like the whole army, so it's kind of cheaper than having multiple armies. Hmm.

Also the monsters you can bind comprise a really big list, apparently. The article hints that basically any monsters from GW's past will be available, even going out to mention Zoats. So people with old models may be able to dust 'em off.

I like that one of the items mentioned is a helm that lets the wearer turn into a giant. Good way for me to bring back my giant now that the mercenary rules hosed them out of Empire.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm

its 5th ed once again
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

It is a neat way of returning to some of the crazyness of 5th edition without being full core rules.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down