The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer!

+3
Kyle
luis the young
Frantic
7 posters

Go down

Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer! Empty Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer!

Post by Frantic Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 pm

http://mwomercs.com/

Oh yes...I'm very excited about this!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer! Empty Re: Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer!

Post by luis the young Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am

Another fail game ? so many of them lately.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer! Empty Re: Mechwarrior Online announced for this summer!

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 am

Why did a game that didn't even come out yet fail?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 am

Just looking at the current trend, so many promising games that are crap when they come out, im burned.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 pm

This seems to have promise. PC exclusive, going to stay a sim, and free to play online? A return of the glory days of Battletech Solaris online and old school online mechwarriorness... just it not being on consoles alone gives me hope.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Trailers are pretty unimpressive - the mech seems to CRAWL forward and most of the cool shots are CGI filler. The game play portions seem rather dull. Outside of a classic genre, I don't see much going for this title.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Is there new current trailers that actually show the real game? Only seen the old trailers that were nothing but CG.

I wouldn't expect anything more of updated visuals to the old formula, it is what most of the Btech fans want.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Well how about that - the video is 2 years old. This title is vaporware. I'll be amazed if it launches on time.

and even if...... How are they going to fund the hardware and pipe to run it with a F2P model? Looks like a bad plan IMO.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:24 pm

From what I understand the original plan was to do a Mechwarrior 5 but various issues caused them to put it on hold (including apparently getting into legal trouble for using the Unseen in the original trailer) and it's been turned into an online F2P game.

F2P works and Btech has a large fan base so I can see it work, they have to not screw up how they handle the F2P transactions. I could see it adopting other F2P models where it's not really a server hosted MMO but simply a matchmaking service for peer to peer gaming keeping costs to a minimum. This route als meants they are skipping an expensive retail launch and the costs of heavy marketing budgets. Battletech Solaris was a popular online Btech game that was also simpler than your typical sims, and that required a sub fee to access through various services.

How true they can keep it to the originals and them being able to stay away from "pay 2 win" will be big factors in it's success.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:35 am

A quick google search will put many fears to rest. There's a few interviews and on their sightnthey explain the process of how they got to where they are.

As I said before I'm very excited. Reason being is from reading the interviews and looking at what their plan is I can see this is a labor of love for them and not just a raping of a classic title.

Anyone who know battle tech and has played the MW series and even more so MPBT, and listens to what they are saying can be pretty confident this is going to be a very bad ass game. Hell, MPBT was the most fun I ever had with any game by a Longshot and it was pretty simple. And this game is shaping up to be a combi ation of that and a new Mechwarrior game all in one package! What more can a fan of the series ask for?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:40 pm

It takes more than a Dev Blog to make a good game. There are 2.5 years of Dev Logs for Warhammer Online and we all saw how that turned out.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

True, but my point really is that as long as you keep true to battletech and have an immersive mpbt type setting the btech fan boys such as myself will be hard to disappoint.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:46 pm

luis the young wrote:Just looking at the current trend, so many promising games that are crap when they come out, im burned.

so true
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:20 pm

There is no such thing as F2P. It will most likely follow all the other models. If you want highend stuff you will have to pay real money or if you want to progress at a pace faster then a snail you will have to pay.

I dont mind paying for stuff but I wish they would get rid of the F2P tag. One way or another they find a way to get your cash.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by EasterSudharta12 Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:35 am

been playing this a while! This is so CooL

EasterSudharta12
Slave

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down