The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike

4 posters

Go down

Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike Empty Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:03 am

Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike Motorcycle

I originally started out going for the turned weel leaned down bike and extended arm firing pose on this one but I came to realize that unless you trim the exhaust off then the guys foot can't reach the ground.... Needless to say I had already put alot of work into the customization at that point and just decided to go for a straight on with extended forks pose. Not my best but I'm happy with it and was hit with alot of good idea moments that had me adding to this build as I went and raiding my bits box.

Anyway I have three more bikes I got in a deal from a friend that look to be from the white scars chapter. really old school space marine bodies for this one where the torso and head is all one piece.... little weird looking but I'll adjust. Anyway I'm going to to two more pretty standard and then save one for a last lean over if I can do the exhaust profile right. Only issue is decided what design to use to cover over the old exhaust pieces when I cut them out. May try getting the ork bikes and reworking them and seeing how it turns out. Anyway more later.

P.S. Oh yeah....ypu can't see them under the feet in this pic but I customized the foot pegs with plasticard cut around the forgeworld black templars brass sheild icons. Looks pretty good in my opinion. Also free handed an ace of spades with a templar cross in it on the top of the fuel tank.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike Empty Re: Templar Custome Fast Attack Bike

Post by Ovich Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:10 am

Mike, You're model, as usual is fantastic.

You must tell me however how to take good pics... I know you're wife helps you , but you've must learned a thing or two by now ?

Can you write a tutorial or something. ?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:18 am

I'll see if I can talk you into it. She says she has DSLR and an extra flashlight but of couse she uses photshop CS2 to sharpen and adjust the lighting on the images which really make them pop. Trust me all I do is say, "Hey honey can you please take some pics for me?" Thirty minutes later they are ready to post.

The set up is easy though as we wimply have a standard desk lamp and four sheets of paper taped together that we place under the model to give the background. Real easy and cheaper than a photo box.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:05 am

You should write OCC somewhere on the bike just for kicks. Very awesome biker Mike. Did you make the base too or was that purchased?
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Bike base was made by myself by taking a long base and a circular base. Cut the circular base in half and do some trimming and a little green stuff later you have a bike base.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow, that's really nice! I love the HUD and the attention to detail, and props to your wife on the mad photography skillz.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks again. She does great work. Like I said I'm not a 100% satisfied with this model but I still like where it went. had to custome build the lower exhaust pipes though as my wife tossedo out the original ones I trimmed from the lower foot sheild.... go figure. Anyway looks better this way i think.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down