The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Templar Initiates

5 posters

Go down

Black Templar Initiates Empty Black Templar Initiates

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Black Templar Initiates Squad1

Black Templar Initiates Squad

Nine of my newest Black Templar Initiates (Tenth is being converted as a Vindicator Crewman). Anywya I thought I would do a traditional Black Templar Color Scheme, thereby departing from my icon oriented templars. I thought it would be easier to paint but these guys took over a week to finish up when I thought I could hammer them out in three days. I was only dedicated two to three hours a day and there are alot of small bits and touch ups to do though.

These are mainly to flesh out some week points in my army for the Apocolypse game. I have ten more marines to do and five more Neophytes that I will get to after I paint some other models.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Black Templar Initiates Empty Re: Black Templar Initiates

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Awesome job on them, I just have two things to say:

1.The Robes: Perhaps you should change their color to a more khaki like color to provide some contrast from all the white and black

2.The Templar cross on the helmets: somehow they remind me of the mexican wrestlers with the facemasks,that's just me though.

Overall though they look great Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:22 pm

As always the look AWESOME!

I love the helmets and that cool #7
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:13 pm

1.The Robes: Perhaps you should change their color to a more khaki like color to provide some contrast from all the white and black

2.The Templar cross on the helmets: somehow they remind me of the mexican wrestlers with the facemasks,that's just me though.
by Warlord Solskritt

Just a few quick notes on the robes. The light makes them a bit brighter. The scheme is easy though as they start out chaos black base, astronomicon grey next, then watered down bleach bone followed by a 1 and 1 bleach bone to skull white, and finally skull white on the edges. I didn't stain them along the edges as I wanted to give them the feel of just coming into battle as freshly annointed innitiates. As for the helmets I guess I could see the humor in the luchador Space Marine Chapter. The inspiration came mainly from the black templar art schetches that had some helmts molded with crosses on the helms and then I saw someone do the free hand and wanted to give it a shot and just liked the contrast.

As for the number 7, my marines all started out with that as a simple motto, " Always try to roll a seven on a six sided die and you'll never be suprised with the results". Anyway it just went from there and transformed into the 7th Crusader Company of the Black Templar Space Marines and I've run with it since.

Anyway, thanks for everything guys and criticisim and praise is great in equal measure as it only makes me try harder. Anyway I need to get anothr black templar upgrade kit and from there I'll try some worn tabbards.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 am

Well done...now we just need to see you get them onto the table for some gaming...nothing better then killing beautifully painted models!!! Laughing
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:30 pm

I second that
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Now...can we convince you to come to the dark side and play WHFB??? Then you'll really have some fun gaming! Laughing
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah! Just... don't start Vampire Counts Mad
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:50 pm

I was thinking dwarves if I ever played
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 am

I have roughly 2000 points of of the l'il stunties if you ever want to get in a practice game or two...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:34 pm

Sure thing. Just to see how it works and all.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Yeah! Once you get started playing...you'll discover that 40K is so much more boring...Hope to bring you to the dark side...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down