The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge

+2
scurrdi
Michaelharmon
6 posters

Go down

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge Empty Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge Ramiliesstarport1

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge Ramiliesstarport

In some dark sector of space lies one of a multitude of Black Templar. Chapter Fortress. But rather than locked away on some backwater world this Fortress is a Ramilies class star Fortress dubed the "Templar's Forge" after it was retaken from a Chaos Space Marine Lord in a fierce space battle cumlminating on the boarding of the star fort itself.... Blah Blah Blah...

Another Forgeworld piece for my BFG fleet.... Go disposable income. On hindsight this thing is a monster of minor detail to put together and you have to really trim and plan out the pinning of this thing. I still had a 1/8 gap on one side that required green stuff to fill it and left just one side slightly offset.... Only the guy who built it may ever notice but man does it urk my ass. Anyway only a few more ships left and I'm not putting off my Terminus pattern anymore. I want that Armageddon game soon and a BFG game lead in would be awesome. Anyway tell me what you guys thing and if you like my logo.

Last edited by Michaelharmon on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge Empty Re: Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge Empty Re: Ramilies Class Star Fortress : Templar's Forge

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:08 am

AWESOME! You should really consider entering the Golden Demon or something! Very Happy The logo is great too.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:01 pm

WOWOWOW that looks super rugged!! Hey mike I'm reading the rule for BFG we gotta play some time let me know in a PM or whatever when your back from training.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Mike,
How do you do the logo? Using photoshop?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey there guys. Wow... lots of responses and I do love to hear good thinks.

A.> I don't know if I'm Golden Demon but if I am ever at a con I fully intend to give it a shot trust me. nothing like being shot down by the best to get the creative juices flowing;)

B.> Max we are so on. I should be ready for some BFG the week after the tournament as I want to try and play in of of them that is going on that weekend.

C.> Photoshop is god. My wife did that for me with the BFG Text I downloaded from some website. She really only adjusts light levels on the models and zoom and then adds the logo since she post alot of pics on her korean web blog and has a logo of her own. Glad you guys like it. Always thought Forge of War was a good one and then just added on Fleet Yard for the ships aspect of my modeling at this stage.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Mike, does your wife use a lightbox when shooting your models? Or is that just really well lit?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:30 pm

She has been talking to me about building a light box but really all we use is four sheets of white paper tapped together and then laid under the model and curved up towards the back with a desk lamp shinning down from above. I believe her flash on her camera helps alot though.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down