The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive

4 posters

Go down

Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive Empty Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 pm

28 June, exploitation forces of the 1st Belorussian Front began to close the lower pincer of the trap developing around the German Fourth Army. German Falshirmjaegers with armoured support defended the vital crossroads.

An armoured battalion consisting of 10 T34/85's , 5 T34/1942s, 5 Su 85's and 3 Massive KV 85's smashed through German defenses despite taking heavy losses. Again the Mighty Tiger anchored the German line, this time led by a talented young commander (who whipped his boys into shape, allowing them to fire 3 times a turn !).

Soviet Vanguard Forces struck hard on the right flank hoping to secure the crossing before German Reinforcements could arrive, but the Germans were too well dug in... they would have to be assaulted.

German Marders arrived midway through the battle but must have eaten too much Brattwurst and Beer because if they had been shootin for shit they wouldn't have gotten a whiff. They were quickly dispatched by the 85 Mils on the T34s.

Another Paratrooper squad on the left flank got caught exposed, just as another Soviet Platoon rumbled up the road. They were cut down and forced to flee, allowing the left flank almost completely open.

In the end the Soviet Pincers closed around the German throat. Told to fight to the death, the Paratroopers attempted to make the most of their suicidal mission. German Artillery and Planes rained death among the Soviet Tanks, but it was not enough.

As the KV 85s closed in the last objective, they were face with the awesome might of an expertly weilded Tiger Tank. But the KV's proved to be it's match at close range and finally managed to send the Tiger and it's talent crew to the Facist Hell where they belong. With the death of the Tiger, the game was won..

A glorious victory for Mother Russia !!!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive Empty Re: Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive

Post by scurrdi Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am

Nice battle report.

Eric if your gonna keep up the late-war you either need some more Tigers or get some Panthers!! 8.8s Will work too in knocking them soviet tanks.

Sounds like Stephan is getting the hang of FOW, watch out at the next tournament!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive Empty Re: Soveit Tankovy Battalion secures vital crossings during Minsk Offensive

Post by Hurricane Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Part of the problem is my infantry hasnt had enough punch and I have been trying to play WSIWG. So, I have only been taking panzerknackers instead of panzerfausts. But after two straight losses and since Battlefront is dragging its feet getting out the special order catalogue with the fausts and shreks, Im gonna just proxy the command team panzerfausts. That should give me some more punch and I'm half way done with my FJ PaK 40's. That should help alot. Stephan definately has the hang of it and plays well. But this should even it out a little more. cheers bom

PS, panthers arent availiable for FJ.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 am

Ahh, well damn!

Either way, you need some panzerknackers for sure! Make those Russians think twice about assaulting the infantry!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:15 am

Oh, all his platoon commanders have Panzerknackers, that's what makes assaulting them so challenging. .

You know you assault with 4 tanks... you hit on 4s so you kill 2 bases. He's fearless so he counterassaults. He hits on 3's, so the odds are the panzerKnacker kills 1 and out of the 5 other guys, I roll a 1 and another tank bails out. Now I have to pass a motivation test on a 4+, because in Late war the soviets are confident unless you upgrade them to guards.

So all in all it's not easy assaulting them. When they have Anti Tank guns attached to them, or they have panzerfausts or panzershreks... they are going to be that much more challenging to deal with.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

damn, you guys are havign way to much fun playing Smile any of you wanna get a game with me next week ???
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:32 pm

I can play thurday nite, or any morning... want to skip work? Twisted Evil
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey Eric and Stephan, are you guys gonna go to Hurricon? I just bought my plane tickets so I'll be there for sure.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm still up in the air with Hurricon... but I know I have to make a decision soon.

Luis can't play this coming week.. maybe the one after that on Thursday or Friday Night.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 pm

we are on for thursday night, cant skip work, used all my hours in france Sad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Cool, thursday for sure.

Dan, I can get the day off and I got wife approval. I am just looking for a partner to drive up with or split a hotel with. But things are looking good.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Gotchya. I'm flying into Tampa and staying with my folks and driving across to get there (it's about 2 hours from Tampa) otherwise I'd offer up to split the room with ya. Comeon Stephan, you know you want to bring the Italian paratroopers to some new folks to play against!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

When's the date again?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Sat Sept. 27th. 8 am. Its a one day tournament.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:18 am

Hurricane wrote:Cool, thursday for sure.

Dan, I can get the day off and I got wife approval. I am just looking for a partner to drive up with or split a hotel with. But things are looking good.

hey erick, are we still on for this thursday ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:48 am

I'm counting on it. I have 2 friends coming over to check it out. Ammon just bought models for a late war 2nd armored division company. And the other one is coming to see the game for the first time.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:49 am

cool, we playing 1750 mid war ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:56 am

Yep tweaking my list as we speak.... so, are you playing with an armor company or infantry company??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Hurricane wrote:Yep tweaking my list as we speak.... so, are you playing with an armor company or infantry company??

im gonna use a ..... AAAAA...almost got me there !!!! im bringing Star wars storm troopers !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 pm

LOL, I'm gonna have two lists ready! Just kidding... I checking out this list for the tournament in Orlando.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Good idea. By the way, Hurricon also has a Fantasy and 40k RTT that they're hosting so it may be worth seeing if anyone else wants to go!

I'll be there, hoping to get a game or two in with a my list before I head down there.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down