The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts

+7
Hurricane
Dr. Love
jerryb
Ovich
ShadowMaster
luis the young
Autarch (CM)
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts Empty October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Sunday October 12th, 2008

At Sunshine Roleplayers

Schedule :

1100 - Sunshine opens, player check-in
1130-200 - Round One (TOURNAMENT START)
200-230 - Lunch/Switch Tables
230-500 - Round Two
500-530 Break /Switch Tables
530-800 - Round Three
800-830 - Awards and clean-up

COST : $5

2250 pts. - Army Composition, Battle Points and Sportsmanship will determine placing. Paint jobs will be applied to tie-breaking situations only.

Army comp will be as follows:

18 Points Total. One point will be given for each "Yes" below. The remaining 12 points are to be awarded by you!

1. Is the Army Legal? Yes/No
2. Does the army have a legible army list? Yes/No (On time!)
3. Does the army exceed minimum core units and size? Yes/No
4. Does the army imbalance characters to troops within the Army Background? Yes/No
5. Does the army imbalance Rare and Special Choices within the Army Background? Yes/No
6. Does the army accurately represent its race and Background? Yes/No

Last 12 points (1-3 per game): 1-3 will be awarded before the game with a possible +1/0/-1 Modification after (at judges discretion).
+3 points (Fun Army Selection!)
+2 Points (Your standard tourney fare. Fair, balanced, but not pulling any punches.)
+1 points (Hard Army Selection)

Please have your army lists to me at least 24 hours (Saturday by noon preferably!) before the tournament.

Signed up so far:

Last edited by Autarch (CM) on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 am; edited 9 times in total
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts Empty Re: October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:35 pm

im up for it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts Empty Re: October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Always up for a Fantasy tourney.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:21 pm

I'll see if I can swing it
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:10 pm

I had to bail out of the Dragon tourney on the 5th so I would 100% be in on the 12th if this goes down. Keep me posted.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 pm

You all want to play LotR...

Chant along with me...

LotR....
LotR...

Obey the dark lord!
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:34 am

jerryb wrote:You all want to play LotR...

Chant along with me...

LotR....
LotR...

Obey the dark lord!

NO
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:45 am

I've formalized a sign up on the thread for the tournament, I'll definitely be running it.

If you haven't signed up already, why haven't you?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:24 pm

I'll sign up
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Can someone please post a link for the Army Composition scoring rules?
Not used to that coming into play..............

Loosing my paint score edge is going to suck - I better learn how to play Very Happy
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Actually nevermind, i just remembered Mordheim starts on this day and i'd like to try that out.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Why are all the tournaments always on Sunday. Sunday is the hardest day for me to get off. Sorry just venting
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 pm

Joel likes to keep a semblance of order in his otherwise Chaotic miasma of a world by keeping 40k on Sat. and Fantasy on Sunday. Unless there's a magic tournament, or D&D tournament, or FOW.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Updated the post with the army comp rules (found within the GT packet itself - it's also on the GW website under gaming & community).

No one else is going to sign up for this?

Just four folks for one tourney?

I know more folks want to throw down some dice than that.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:15 am

I'm in as soon as teleconference'd warhammer hits the shelves!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:41 am

Ceasar,

You should try to get in touch with J.C., Sergio, Franco, and Dale, to see if they can make it. and don't forget trying to give a shout out to Nate and Fred.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

October 12th Fantasy Tournament - 2250 pts Empty Army Comp Score Rules

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi C,

I looked through the 2008 GT rules and there are score checklists for both painting and sportsmanship; however, there is nothing specific with regards to Army Composition scoring. It is not even mentioned as a factor in the results. Per the PDF, only game results, sportsmanship, and paint count for the final score.

Since I've never been judged on Army Comp and if it will be used in the Sunshine tourney - I just want to have an idea with how it is scored.

If anyone has a link (or wants to type the explanation) - I'd appreciate the advice and info.

Thanks!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:13 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Hi C,

I looked through the 2008 GT rules and there are score checklists for both painting and sportsmanship; however, there is nothing specific with regards to Army Composition scoring. It is not even mentioned as a factor in the results. Per the PDF, only game results, sportsmanship, and paint count for the final score.

Since I've never been judged on Army Comp and if it will be used in the Sunshine tourney - I just want to have an idea with how it is scored.

If anyone has a link (or wants to type the explanation) - I'd appreciate the advice and info.

Thanks!
It's 100% subjective...even when they've tried to make it not so much so...

Once upon a time, there were three categories (I'm paraphrasing here):
- Is this a good example of an army and would you play it again?
- Did this army stretch the army list and was challenging, but no so much so that you wouldn't want to face it again?
- Did this army exploit a loophole in the rules/army book and was it configured to "win at all costs?"

If you destroyed your opponent, you were usually put in the last catergory regardless of your army list...if not, you weren't.

Another attempt was a 10 point scale (one that Israel uses), which has several different things that give you a point each (can't remember them...if someone has the sheet they can take a look at it).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:29 pm

lordfairfax2001 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Hi C,

Thanks!
It's 100% subjective...even when they've tried to make it not so much so...

Once upon a time, there were three categories (I'm paraphrasing here):
- Is this a good example of an army and would you play it again?
- Did this army stretch the army list and was challenging, but no so much so that you wouldn't want to face it again?
- Did this army exploit a loophole in the rules/army book and was it configured to "win at all costs?"

If you destroyed your opponent, you were usually put in the last catergory regardless of your army list...if not, you weren't.

Another attempt was a 10 point scale (one that Israel uses), which has several different things that give you a point each (can't remember them...if someone has the sheet they can take a look at it).

That sheet he has I believe is from the 2007 packet, and I forgot they did not incorporate it into the 2008 packet.

That was my mistake for rushing through my last post and thoroughly sticking my foot in my mouth.

There is 1 point to be awarded in sportsmanship for army comp but I will be expanding that into a larger category.

I'll have it posted here, and I'll reiterate the criteria in the first post of the thread for the sake of posterity.

Army comp will be as follows:

18 Points Total. One point will be given for each "Yes" below. The remaining 12 points are to be awarded by you!

1. Is the Army Legal? Yes/No
2. Does the army have a legible army list? Yes/No (On time!)
3. Does the army exceed minimum core units and size? Yes/No
4. Does the army imbalance characters to troops within the Army Background? Yes/No
5. Does the army imbalance Rare and Special Choices within the Army Background? Yes/No
6. Does the army accurately represent its race and Background? Yes/No

Last 12 points (1-3 per game): 1-3 will be awarded before the game with a possible +1/0/-1 Modification after (at judges discretion).
+3 points (Fun Army Selection!)
+2 Points (Your standard tourney fare. Fair, balanced, but not pulling any punches.)
+1 points (Hard Army Selection)

P.S. You misspelled my name, Stephan. Not offended, just wanted to clarify.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Excellent - thanks for the update.
Hopefully we will get enough peeps to make this happen and I'll get a better understanding of how it is judged.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Cesar,
Take a look back at the last tourney I ran at Sunshine. I added or subtracted a point for army comp based on a specific set of criteria.

For instance, if the player plays with no lord choice they get +1. If they play with over 50% core, they get +1... and so forth..

You can create a specific set of criteria of what is overpowering and what is mundane and then punish or reward the person appropriately.

This takes the subjective aspect out of it and allows players to create an army that will be awarded for being well balance or punished for being cheezy.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Cesar I won't be able to come to this cause it's the same weekend as Ard Boyz, which I'm not gonna miss.

If you change the week I'll be able to come, but sorry, didn't realize the second round of ARd boyz was so soon.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Good luck at Ard Boyz Stephan!

Oh, and good luck to everyone at the Fantasy tournament this weekend!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am

I'd like to get into this, but I've never actually played a fantasy game (heh). If anyone would like to get a game against dark elves before the tournament or something I'd be down for this.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 am

As long as you understand the basics, a day of tournement play is actually a great way to learn. After 8 hours of game play, you'll be amazed at how far you will come.

I had only played about 4 small games before I played the 3500point Fantasy Ard Boys tourney. I did fair and I left that tourney a MUCH better player that when I started the day 9 hours earlier. Don't be afraid to just jump in the pool and get wet - you'll be OK.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next